IGNORED

Do you have Sky Sports?

phantom

Just a note of caution: IPTV is the self contained type of IP addressed service many here describe: BT, Now et al. They're cheaper if you want to watch only selected events but not massively cheap.

IPTV is not the the open platform streaming type services offered via FB and suchlike.

Choice is yours but you shoukd know these services, unless the ones showing ultra old and free content at 480 resolution, are illegal and there are some pretty draconian measures content owners and your ISP/CSP provider can exact upon you. And if think routing via a VPN masks where who and where you are, think again, it's not that simple.

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Nope, between working away and following City I'm not home enough to warrant it, the kids have all flown the nest 

Yep.

Don't watch a lot of "mainstream telly" so never saw the need for 150 channels of shite.

Freeview, nowtv, bcfctv, and the pub, jobs a good 'un.

On 19/09/2018 at 10:10, Kingswoodactor said:

I ditched my Sky Sports package months ago for an IPTV service. 

I did however get a letter from Sky last week offering me the entire Sky Sports package for only an extra £15 per month which was all in HD, and price guaranteed for 3 years. Make sure you're aware of this offer, as it exists people!!!

Had the same offer last week.The week before it was 2 footy channels for £15.

11 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Search for IPTV streaming services, many are on FB. They generally offer free trials. If you've got a decent broadband and an android device / firestick, it's really good.

Do you recommend any particular streaming services?  I've had a look on FB and am already confused!  ?

Cheers.

On 19/09/2018 at 10:36, EnderMB said:

I mainly use Sky Sports to watch WWE, so the football is a bonus for me.

Since WWE has been piss poor for a few months, I was thinking of getting rid of Virgin Media completely. We pay £100 a month for it, and it's not worth half of that. I'm tempted to switch to a different internet provider and get Now TV alongside my existing Amazon Prime and Netflix subscriptions. This way, we don't miss out on anything, and when I need to watch the football I can do it online.

This is the future and why the likes of BT in particular are tanking on the FTSE100.

Always made be laugh how sky et al have gotten away with charging for this as long as they have. Basically they are charging for something that is just the result of evolving technology, which in 2018 if  you take out 4K, is old technology! So are we subsidising the 4K technology even though we don’t want it or cant afford? This charge should be made illegal IMHO. Capitalism at its finest!

Wonder if there was a charge for switching over from black & white to colour in the 60’s and 70’s?

22 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Cheers, will look into it. Looks a bargain!

sorry dude for late reply, sounds like you're on the right track now anyway, just to add, get a few free trials before you decide, even then I'd buy a month at a time to start with as Sky, BT etc... are desperate to protect the vast profits and do their utmost to close them down, all it does really is encourage more to spring up :laugh:!

A VPN is not a bad idea also although no one can see what you're watching anyway without one allegedly - enjoy!

16 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Wonder if there was a charge for switching over from black & white to colour in the 60’s and 70’s?

Ummm....yes. A black and white tv licence was and still is cheaper than a colour one.

74 people bought a black and white TV licence in the Bristol area in 2017. Go figure!

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/cs/media-centre/news/view.app?id=1369783627625

Archived