IGNORED

West Brom Forum Comments

White Stripe

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=22233.0

Some encouraging comments in that thread, e.g.

" Easily the best team we have played so far, "

" Bristol City are easily the best side we have played in the league so far. They blew us away the first 20 mins and we should have been 2 or 3 goals down. The timing of the penalty and our counter attacks afterwards killed Bristol first half, after the break more of the same all brsitol we let them back into the game then upped a gear and scored again. Then again all Bristol with Albion relying on counter attacks. "

And more ...

Highlights that despite the final result, LJ and the players are getting things right. Nice comments. 

Last night was always going to be incredably tough and mistakes were made (we shouldn't forget that) but the test will be how we are effected by this result and how we bounce back next game. 

Exciting times.

I was sat in the West Brom end as I was under the presumption we'd sell out of our tickets so quickly, plus as I live in the Midlands, I did not want the WMP making me walk half way to Birmingham before getting on the tram home after the game

The guy next to me was very talkative as his son used to have a season ticket where I was sat. I just said I was not interested in football, only here because my Bro-in-law said i should go watch a game with him but there were no seats where he sat. He bought it, managed to hide my Bristolian accent long enough.

He was very complimentary about how good we were and even at 3-0 up, their fans around me were still ripping into their players (mostly their defence) and saying how good City were playing. Ultimately, they have premier league class up front in Barnes, Gayle and Rodriguez and their team defended better than we did. I have not seen a replay of their penalty, but it looked pretty stone wall from where I was sat.

Their back 3 got a right ripping with their lack of ability to control and pass the ball. They got really worried when we pulled one back, but that was put to bed pretty quickly when they scored their 4th.

Fam's goal they all saw coming, Dawson got a hell of a bashing from those around me for allowing him to put it in the one place it could go in - but they held on to their 2 goal lead in the end. They really like our "go for it" formation that we ended up playing with near the end. Something Darren Moore would not even dream of doing by all accounts.

Yes we did start the game well and on another day we could have been 2-0 up in the first 20 mins, but it was not to be. It'll be a learning curve for our players to know what to expect when you get to the Premier League just how good the opposition can be and what you have to do to defend against them.

8 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I was sat in the West Brom end as I was under the presumption we'd sell out of our tickets so quickly, plus as I live in the Midlands, I did not want the WMP making me walk half way to Birmingham before getting on the tram home after the game

The guy next to me was very talkative as his son used to have a season ticket where I was sat. I just said I was not interested in football, only here because my Bro-in-law said i should go watch a game with him but there were no seats where he sat. He bought it, managed to hide my Bristolian accent long enough.

He was very complimentary about how good we were and even at 3-0 up, their fans around me were still ripping into their players (mostly their defence) and saying how good City were playing. Ultimately, they have premier league class up front in Barnes, Gayle and Rodriguez and their team defended better than we did. I have not seen a replay of their penalty, but it looked pretty stone wall from where I was sat.

Their back 3 got a right ripping with their lack of ability to control and pass the ball. They got really worried when we pulled one back, but that was put to bed pretty quickly when they scored their 4th.

Fam's goal they all saw coming, Dawson got a hell of a bashing from those around me for allowing him to put it in the one place it could go in - but they held on to their 2 goal lead in the end. They really like our "go for it" formation that we ended up playing with near the end. Something Darren Moore would not even dream of doing by all accounts.

Yes we did start the game well and on another day we could have been 2-0 up in the first 20 mins, but it was not to be. It'll be a learning curve for our players to know what to expect when you get to the Premier League just how good the opposition can be and what you have to do to defend against them.

I was sat with the home fans as well and this pretty much mirrors my experience. 

Even with both of their 3 goal leads, the home fans were very nervous. It was probably a combination of their anxiety about their defenders and how they wanted to play out from the back, but also with the positive way we were playing.

A real missed opportunity as if we'd gone one up or got it back to 4-3, the atmosphere would have turned quite toxic very quickly.

I appreciate that it's easier to be complimentary after getting 3 points, but listening to the WBA fans on the way back they echo those complimentary comments on the forums. Like many others have said, it seems strange coming away from a 4-2 defeat feeling very positive though. Not a good result, but happy with how we're trying to, and did, play last night.

"Thought Bristol City were a really good side going forward, enjoyed watching them, good support too, fortunately any team who includes Nathan Baker in defence always gives me hope we will score, think it was him who ended up on his arse and missed the ball for Gayles goal. As long as its not at our expense i hope they go up this season."

They are also prone to confusing our trio of look-a-like CBs.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

"Thought Bristol City were a really good side going forward, enjoyed watching them, good support too, fortunately any team who includes Nathan Baker in defence always gives me hope we will score, think it was him who ended up on his arse and missed the ball for Gayles goal. As long as its not at our expense i hope they go up this season."

So am I. In fairness. ?

59 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

In fairness Baker did next to nothing last night .

On 19/09/2018 at 13:46, Dman_Red said:

I was sat with the home fans as well and this pretty much mirrors my experience. 

Even with both of their 3 goal leads, the home fans were very nervous. It was probably a combination of their anxiety about their defenders and how they wanted to play out from the back, but also with the positive way we were playing.

A real missed opportunity as if we'd gone one up or got it back to 4-3, the atmosphere would have turned quite toxic very quickly.

I appreciate that it's easier to be complimentary after getting 3 points, but listening to the WBA fans on the way back they echo those complimentary comments on the forums. Like many others have said, it seems strange coming away from a 4-2 defeat feeling very positive though. Not a good result, but happy with how we're trying to, and did, play last night.

I concur with that, but I think a lot of their fans are still in Premier League mode with regards to their mindset - rest assured WBA fans, the opposition players in this division are not as good as what you're used to playing against in the Premier league. Dont be nervous about 3 goal leads in the Championship, only we throw those away ? 

Archived