IGNORED

New job for Pembo

Mr X

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder what went on at Chesterfield? IIRC, when we won L1 and had a party at their place they made the play offs yet seem to have dropped like a stone ever since.

Something bad must have happened as, with their, very smart, new stadium, they seemed like a club on the up?

They lost good players like Eoin Doyle and Sam Clucas that season. Would not have helped

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder what went on at Chesterfield? IIRC, when we won L1 and had a party at their place they made the play offs yet seem to have dropped like a stone ever since.

Something bad must have happened as, with their, very smart, new stadium, they seemed like a club on the up?

Appointed Dean Saunders and fell apart spectacularly from there

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Appointed Dean Saunders and fell apart spectacularly from there

I hope The Fake Sheikh of Horfield notes that not only is Deano available as permanent manager, but Dave "bad" Penney is also jobless. Ideal job candidates I'd have thought. .. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

3 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

So Chesterfield were 0-3 down to Ebbsfleet yesterday. They pulled it back to 3-3 with Will Evans scoring in the 95 minute. The Chesterfield keeper then gets sent off for punching an opponent. Will Evans gets in goal and saves the 99th minute penalty. Que pitch invasions and chaos. 

That's what I call a football match!

50 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

So Chesterfield were 0-3 down to Ebbsfleet yesterday. They pulled it back to 3-3 with Will Evans scoring in the 95 minute. The Chesterfield keeper then gets sent off for punching an opponent. Will Evans gets in goal and saves the 99th minute penalty. Que pitch invasions and chaos. 

Absolute scenes!

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Are they renaming there ground Carrow Road?

P.S. Yet another very late goal at Norwich yesterday, following on from the shenanigans in the last 10 minutes vs Derby and umpteen late goals ( many in added time)earlier in the season.  Couldn't afford to be a Dolmanite at Norwich home games!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and John Sheridan has apparently resigned as Carlisle manager to take over as manager of Chesterfield....so I assume Pembo will go back to being Academy boss there?

The old Leeds combo back together?

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely - tidy player was Sheridan...although he was at Leeds 11 years before Pembo joined them and left way before Pembo was a Leeds player - they were at the rival Sheffield clubs in the early 90s at the same time though...

Flippin’ Eck....only 4 years difference, but assumed wrongly it was same era.

Archived