IGNORED

Idiotic fans and assault at West Brom

JackiDziekanowski

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

You really should stop and think about what I actually said, and not what you have made up in your head. I completely condone violence , and would step in , even at my age, to try and prevent an incident. I care more than you would ever understand. 

There, you have it.

Condemn, surely, though presumably a Freudian slip....

• SC&T Board Members
2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Agreed, I dislike all seating, but the annoying thing is the stewards / police turn a blind eye to it, if there is a regulation then it should be upheld. Imagine the frustration if anyone who cannot stand up has to miss a match because of this?

If our esteemed sports minister had given WBA permission to enhance safety for standing fans last spring as they had hoped to do, then our section on Tuesday evening would have been rail seating in the back two thirds and conventional seats at the front. None of this would then have happened and everyone would have been able to enjoy the game perfectly safely in the way they prefer. Sadly, Ms Crouch thought she knew better.

4 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

If our esteemed sports minister had given WBA permission to enhance safety for standing fans last spring as they had hoped to do, then our section on Tuesday evening would have been rail seating in the back two thirds and conventional seats at the front. None of this would then have happened and everyone would have been able to enjoy the game perfectly safely in the way they prefer. Sadly, Ms Crouch thought she knew better.

Don't bring politics into this. Ms couch didn't punch the bloke and silly to suggest her policy has caused this to happen. 

Idiot punches another fan gets nicked. I'm sure he understands right and wrong?!

2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Why would police care when there isn’t a law regarding people standing? 

Can you work that out yourself or would you like some help?

My understanding is this.

It is a ground regulation, therefore the onus would be on stewards/response team to eject.

HOWEVER, police can assist or maybe even take over with removing those who are ejected but refuse to leave, or a more likely scenario is if it turns into a public order incident or at least crowd trouble.

Mostly however I agree- it's the responsibility of the stewards, as in 2018, the stewards effectively 'police' the inside of the stadium.

4 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well it is football, and there is nothing new about such incidents at a football match, why would you worry about your 9 year old son witnessing that? Not that I condone any sort of violence, kids are able to cope with more than you might think, consider some atrocities in parts of the World that really are too horrific to witness, and compare with that.  

Probably just fishing, but in this day and age I would call that sort of violence “new” as in it’s certainly not the norm inside a ground and anyone who thinks it is has no place being there.

Idiots with some kind of “big I am” to prove are welcome to do what they want away from the ground as long as innocents aren’t involved.

11 hours ago, JackiDziekanowski said:

Ok so I have a 9 year old son and we are both season ticket holders -  I absolutely love going to games with him, father and son match day is highlight of my week (like many of you out there also, I'm sure).

Something I witnessed on Tuesday night away at The Hawthorns was bang out of order,  I was so thankful that it was a school night so my lad couldn't be with me.

For the entire first half everyone was stood up (as is the norm for many an away game), no problem at all.... Half time comes and everyone sits down to rest their legs.

Second half starts, everyone starts to stand up as expected, I look to my left and a lad (about 25) is being pulled back into his seat by the thug behind him shouting for him to sit down. Young lad exclaims 'But everyone is standing up, I can't see if I'm sat down'. Thug continues to shout sit down - even though he is the only one in my entire sight sitting down. Many people around were also saying to thug 'Come on mate, everyone is standing'. Then inexplicably, thug smacks young lad in the nose(WTF!) blood everywhere....  Just couldn't believe it... How would that effect any kids that witnessed a ridiculous act of violence among 'own own'.

Some football fans make you sick! 

There’s an awful lot of hand wringing in this post.

Id be amazed if your kids were so scarred by the event they wouldn’t go to football again. They’d probably just think what a dick the guy who threw the punch was.

Bloke was foolish to lose his temper that way and probably deeply regrets it now. Charge and a man over a moment of madness.

Keeps us updated on other things your children didn’t witness and the reactions they may or may not have had.

I understand the OP was perhaps upset by what he saw. So would his son have been, as were those near the incident in the stadium.

My view on it is that violence is never the way to resolve disagreements. The one who hit the lad was totally out of order.

I also believe that some parents can be over protective of children. The great majority of children are quite resilient about what they see and hear. They see more violence on TV, computer games and in everyday life than at a football match. They hear more foul and abusive language in the school playground than they do on TV.

Our children need protection but this is not achieved by totally isolating them from reality. I suspect a nine year old City fan would have been more upset by the conceding of three soft goals in twenty minutes than someone getting a bloody nose.

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I understand the OP was perhaps upset by what he saw. So would his son have been, as were those near the incident in the stadium.

My view on it is that violence is never the way to resolve disagreements. The one who hit the lad was totally out of order.

I also believe that some parents can be over protective of children. The great majority of children are quite resilient about what they see and hear. They see more violence on TV, computer games and in everyday life than at a football match. They hear more foul and abusive language in the school playground than they do on TV.

Our children need protection but this is not achieved by totally isolating them from reality. I suspect a nine year old City fan would have been more upset by the conceding of three soft goals in twenty minutes than someone getting a bloody nose.

Quite right too.

45 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Don't know why we can't have an unwritten rule between us away fans that if you want to sit then you take a seat in the first three rows (or maybe more depending on stadium/support) and then those behind can stand. 

Once you allow the fans to decide where when and how, it becomes a free for all, stewards and Police attend such events to minimise problems. Clearly in this case the Stewards did nothing to implement the regulations with regard to standing.

Question is how would a 9 year old be able to see the game anyway, and as I have said also anyone who is unable to stand.

The seats themselves can be a hazard when everyone is standing, at least with the old terraces there were barriers and foot space, there is not in seated areas.

However after all the initial posts condemning me as some kind of fiend, I see there are a couple of posts that balance out a few things. 

Why do away fans as on Tuesday feel the need to stand anyway? I get the thing about atmosphere but the home Club do have a responsibility to ensure there is no standing, and clearly they were in breach of that. It's only when a more serious incident occurs that we have to have 'lessons learned' repeated. Surely the safest situation for any child ,  disabled, elderly would be seated?  

Perhaps Julie would like to comment?

12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Heard about this, what a f*nny wanting to sit down at an away game anyway. Hope he gets hit hard with a ban.

some people may not be able to stand for 45 minutes mate, my old man being one of those, but doesn't stop that bloke being a dick, he should of moved to an area where people were sitting down 

5 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Looks like we have our own idiotic fans posting on here!

Something tells me (possibly the puerile carp they're posting) that '1 bristolcity' and '054123' have an average age of 18 max.

Average age of 18? 

I wish you can x4 that and still have some change.

Anything useful to add to this thread?

Thought  not. 

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

Don't know why we can't have an unwritten rule between us away fans that if you want to sit then you take a seat in the first three rows (or maybe more depending on stadium/support) and then those behind can stand. 

So how does that work then? Hard enough trying to get a bunch of seats together when booking; what about those with and without priority booking and why should those who wish to use seats they've paid for get the worst, often wet, views? Let's segregate the old and infirm who are unable to stand.

Here's an idea, sit in the seat provided and watch the game? Sitting doesn't prevent you making a noise and if you really love singing join a choir, for as sure as hell there ain't no tunesmiths near me. I also fail to understand why fans think they can get away with behaviour in a stadium for which they'd clearly get nicked if enacted outside. Stand in the Bullring and chant ' Birmingham's a sh*thole' or one of the less appealling racial slurs and see what happens. Tell the judge that's its ok, simply because there's a sizeable number of like-minded Muppets.

Hereabouts people have rightly  called out the fruitcake in the Dolman, Saturday but individually much of the behaviour being promoted here is exactly the same as he displayed. Inventive football chants died out yonks ago to be replaced by asinine and inaccurate insult.

I wonder what these hereabouts would think if a club decided not to offer us away tickets at their ground as we'd consistently failed to comply with round regulations? Wouldn't take that sitting down, would they?

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Not condoning the idiot's behaviour but not everyone can stand for very long. Obviously there are better ways of putting your point across.

Another problem is shorter people cannot see the game if someone tall is standing in the seat in front. At least in the old days of proper terracing if someone tall was in front of you then you could just move somewhere else but that's not possible in a seated area. 

2 hours ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Yes, you are obviously a 72+ years' old knob - not an 18 years' old one.

Is that useful enough for you?

No wrong...but aside from your childish banter what exactly is what you see as wrong with my comments, you have not challenged anything I have written, just embarked on a personal ludicrous attack with regard to age...whatever that has to do with anything relevant to this thread I don't know, but I guess you don't know as well, just spouting meaningless carp for the sake of it.

So go on , try and recover with saying something meaningful, I can wait ...:bored: 

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

My head, legs, back, in fact my whole body tells me I should be sat down while watching football at my age but I enjoy it far more standing up when I go to away matches

It's just better imo. Feels so stifling and stagnant watching football sat down. I wanna head and kick every ball.

14 minutes ago, harrys said:

My head, legs, back, in fact my whole body tells me I should be sat down while watching football at my age but I enjoy it far more standing up when I go to away matches

each to their own, thats why i like the fact we have a standing section for like minded fans to go, 

17 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Agreed, I dislike all seating, but the annoying thing is the stewards / police turn a blind eye to it, if there is a regulation then it should be upheld. Imagine the frustration if anyone who cannot stand up has to miss a match because of this?

16 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Why would police care when there isn’t a law regarding people standing? 

Can you work that out yourself or would you like some help?

15 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

I said regulation / law, I know there isn't a law as such, I merely added the law bit to appease those who probably didn't understand what a regulation is. 

Clearly.

You didn’t say ‘regulation/law’ and you didn’t ‘add’ anything regarding ‘law’ - your post (above) just mentions a regulation....

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My understanding is this.

It is a ground regulation, therefore the onus would be on stewards/response team to eject.

HOWEVER, police can assist or maybe even take over with removing those who are ejected but refuse to leave, or a more likely scenario is if it turns into a public order incident or at least crowd trouble.

Mostly however I agree- it's the responsibility of the stewards, as in 2018, the stewards effectively 'police' the inside of the stadium.

Maybe @JulieH could expand further, but I’m pretty sure the police have no interest/want/need to go in and take people out for standing if they refuse stewards requests.

It would be like a cinema saying no food allowed as part of the sale of a ticket, then calling the police if people are doing it.

unless someone is being abusive or violent towards the stewards the police wouldn’t get involved. 

Archived