IGNORED

TAKE THAT at Ashton Gate (Merged)

Dollymarie

3 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

When will we get a proper band at AG?......

If The Who, Rod Stewart, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams, Take That, Rolling Stones, or Bon Jovi don’t tick your boxes as being proper bands, then who did you have in mind, realistically..?!

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If The Who, Rod Stewart, Meatloaf, Bryan Adams, Take That, Rolling Stones, or Bon Jovi don’t tick your boxes as being proper bands, then who did you have in mind, realistically..?!

Yes i know its a age thing but i would donate my left testicle to see Hans Zimmer live in concert.

26 minutes ago, TMWANG50 said:

If you want presale code for tickets for Takethat follow this link below and fill in your details, you don't have to buy the album its in the small print!! ? You can thank me later 

Take That!

Is this definitely legit?

Everything on the Take That website says you have to buy the album to gain presale access - why would they make a workaround available without the need to buy anything?

The web address for the link looks highly dubious. Compare it to the link I followed through from the official Take That website, which is from the Universal Music site:

https://store.universalmusic.com/takethat/?utm_campaign=TakeThat20180919&utm_content=&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=Website&utm_umguk=takethat.com%2F

I’m not saying it isn’t necessarily genuine, I would think twice before entering any personal information into a random link without any evidence that it’s legitimate.

EDIT - IT DOES APPEAR GENUINE. CLICKING “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY” FROM THE ABOVE LINK TAKES YOU TO THE SAME PAGE.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

She can go by herself, why do people always need people to go with?

This is a general question btw not particularly aimed at you but as you brought it up. I hear this  a lot. Females saying I need someone to go with, whether it’s shopping, gigs, football or meetings. Fair enough if it’s a strange town or late at night, but some people are so needy it’s beyond me. Be an independent person, enjoy your own company and just get on with it!

and going to the loo!

35 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is this definitely legit?

Everything on the Take That website says you have to buy the album to gain presale access - why would they make a workaround available without the need to buy anything?

The web address for the link looks highly dubious. Compare it to the link I followed through from the official Take That website, which is from the Universal Music site:

https://store.universalmusic.com/takethat/?utm_campaign=TakeThat20180919&utm_content=&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=Website&utm_umguk=takethat.com%2F

I’m not saying it isn’t necessarily genuine, I would think twice before entering any personal information into a random link without any evidence that it’s legitimate.

EDIT - IT DOES APPEAR GENUINE. CLICKING “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY” FROM THE ABOVE LINK TAKES YOU TO THE SAME PAGE.

It is legit mate I went straight off the Takethat website as you say later in your edit. I think its a legal thing any band cant make you buy an album for a presale code there is always an *saying purchase not required! I've bought loads of tickets this way to avoid the rush.

This is why masses of tickets never get to general sale presales are big business for promoters if they can con you into buying an album or worse.

Enjoy the show!!

So Bristol Bears posts are moved by mods to non-football forum at first complaint that it is not football related even though we regularly share a sports venue and are owned by the same parent company BUT Take That - a band with no Bristol connection threads are ok.

Mods - I am happy for this to be here - exciting times BUT maybe next time a Bristol Bears thread turns up here discussing a big fixture, how about you let it be for a few hours and ignore the odd moan?

#justsaying

I'd quite like the Manics to play at AG though I'm not sure these days, they have the draw to fill the stadium to 30k. More of an arena band to be honest after 30+ years together. 

Heard Nicky Wire the other day say they might tour again soon as it's the 20th anniversary of the release of This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours this year. 

1 minute ago, Hengrovian said:

I'd quite like the Manics to play at AG though I'm not sure these days, they have the draw to fill the stadium to 30k. More of an arena band to be honest after 30+ years together. 

Heard Nicky Wire the other day say they might tour again soon as it's the 20th anniversary of the release of This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours this year. 

Geographically, we are probably too close to South Wales for that to work.

Assuming they would do at least one night in Cardiff.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Geographically, we are probably too close to South Wales for that to work.

Assuming they would do at least one night in Cardiff.

Yep, that's another problem too. I'm sure they've played Bristol at some point but they'd be diluting the ticket sales if they did a night at each.

Shame really. 

4 minutes ago, clunes said:

Pretty sure they will be playing more than one night. There are lots of empty days either side of the concert so I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up doing 2 or 3 nights at the Gate if the tickets for the 28th go quickly. 

It'll take that long either side to build the set, dismantle it after and ship it to the next venue.

1 hour ago, Hengrovian said:

The Manics played the Colston Hall in 2013, IIRC this was a warm up gig for an arena tour, talking of Welsh bands I am fairly sure the Stereophonics did something similar.  But you are right, not a Stadium filling band.

This is why I don’t see the need for an Arena anywhere in the Bristol area the city already has a stadium capable of holding upto  30K for a music gig.

Given the way Templemeads has been turned into a car park for the last year by road “improvements “ due to last at least another 10 months do we really need any more disruption in the area?

Archived