IGNORED

TAKE THAT at Ashton Gate (Merged)

Dollymarie

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Am I the only one who is amazed at how popular this is proving to be?

I thought half the original band had left.

If the rumours are true, they might be popping back to do this tour. 

And no, I’m not surprised in the least, I could have guaranteed it would be this crazy.   

I think it's more about the spectacle than the performance Rob. Personally, I've got no interest in seeing them but my Mrs has, hence purchasing a couple of tickets on Wednesday. Luckily, my 16 year old daughter is going with her so I can sit at home listening to the Jam! ;)

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Nearly, 2 fifths left!

Buying tickets for big events online is a nightmare, all that ‘prove you are not a robot’ by clicking on pictures of street signs etc and touts buy up lots of tickets through automatic systems

I’ve never been a huge fan, I half heartedly got tickets to their last tour 18 months ago just to see what all the fuss was about. Wanted London but sold out minutes so went for Swansea. They were great, much more of a show, very theatrical with lots of costume changes and flying through the air, loads of dancers. Not usually my sort of th8ng at all, (I like lasers and lights :laughcont:) but I said if they toured again I would go again. Didn’t think they would again so soon though, and I’ll be there dancing on the pitch. I just can’t sit or even be in the stands at a gig :bounce:

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Take That,middle aged men,being watched by mainly middle aged women,singing a load of bland pop songs whilst doing dad dancing......just my opinion mind.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Take That,middle aged men,being watched by mainly middle aged women,singing a load of bland pop songs whilst doing dad dancing......just my opinion mind.

I'm not knocking those who are going, just amazed that they still have such a large fanbase after all these years.

Would have thought that their fans would have got it out of their system by now ?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm not knocking those who are going, just amazed that they still have such a large fanbase after all these years.

Would have thought that their fans would have got it out of their system by now ?

Each to their own I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But once you’re a fan of the band, you’re a fan of the band. It’s the greatest hits tour, so they’ll be rolling out a bunch of my favourites. I’m not as big a fan of their later stuff, but love the older stuff, and as @RedM says, they put on a flipping good performance for a bunch of blokes now heading towards their 50’s. 

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There won't be a dry seat in the house !!

I think Bristol sport have missed a trick here by not giving season ticket holders priority like what happens at Kingsholm for Gloucester rugby fans.

I logged on at 09:30 on 3 devices to try and get 2 tickets for my wife and daughter but no luck.

You can bet your bottom dollar a lot of these tickets will end up with touts.

1 minute ago, bakes said:

I think Bristol sport have missed a trick here by not giving season ticket holders priority like what happens at Kingsholm for Gloucester rugby fans.

I logged on at 09:30 on 3 devices to try and get 2 tickets for my wife and daughter but no luck.

You can bet your bottom dollar a lot of these tickets will end up with touts.

I think priority could be claimed by registering on the band's website.

Get the idea that it would be nice for season ticket holders to get priority, but then you end up robbing a genuine TT or RS fan from getting a ticket.

And if 20,000 fans across all codes took advance sale advantage then the secondary market would be even more bonkers.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

so your saying you only like bands from say the last two years and don't bother listening to anything older than that, bet there are bands you listen to still from many years ago, strange thing for you to say, as if you stop liking somebody just because they have been going a while, just wait till the Rod Stewart tickets go on sale and he's been around over 50 years!

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

so your saying you only like bands from say the last two years and don't bother listening to anything older than that, bet there are bands you listen to still from many years ago, strange thing for you to say, as if you stop liking somebody just because they have been going a while, just wait till the Rod Stewart tickets go on sale and he's been around over 50 years!

No. I'm saying I was surprised it sold out in 15 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think priority could be claimed by registering on the band's website.

Get the idea that it would be nice for season ticket holders to get priority, but then you end up robbing a genuine TT or RS fan from getting a ticket.

And if 20,000 fans across all codes took advance sale advantage then the secondary market would be even more bonkers.

It’s an outside event. The club were not able to offer discount for ST holders. And there were only a limited number of priority tickets available ensuring the majority do reach general sale. 

Archived