IGNORED

TAKE THAT at Ashton Gate (Merged)

Dollymarie

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Coldplay are way too big, they sold out Wembley in minutes in the 3 or 4 dates they did there. 

I'd probably pay strong money to ensure I didn't get a ticket for Coldplay!

Of the bands the Post are speculating, only Metallica and The Eagles would see me think about parting with cash (working on the basis that Muse isn't a new suggestion)

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd probably pay strong money to ensure I didn't get a ticket for Coldplay!

Of the bands the Post are speculating, only Metallica and The Eagles would see me think about parting with cash (working on the basis that Muse isn't a new suggestion)

Ha ha I love Coldplay, seen them 3 times and not been disappointed. I’ve seen Muse too, at Glasto, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them again. Metallica and Eagles don’t dona thing for me and I’m pretty sure Ed won’t be making an appearance either.

So except for Muse which I’m taking as a given, but as I said the very strong Mumford rumours were wrong, I’m thinking the Post is wide of the mark as usual.

18 hours ago, RedM said:

Ha ha I love Coldplay, seen them 3 times and not been disappointed. I’ve seen Muse too, at Glasto, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them again. Metallica and Eagles don’t dona thing for me and I’m pretty sure Ed won’t be making an appearance either.

So except for Muse which I’m taking as a given, but as I said the very strong Mumford rumours were wrong, I’m thinking the Post is wide of the mark as usual.

So because you don’t like the Eagles or Metallica, the guesses are wrong? Odd reasoning.

Linking the dates with Glastonbury names makes sense, and both of those could be Glastonbury headliners, so at least their suggestions have some logic.

12 minutes ago, Leveller said:

So because you don’t like the Eagles or Metallica, the guesses are wrong? Odd reasoning.

Linking the dates with Glastonbury names makes sense, and both of those could be Glastonbury headliners, so at least their suggestions have some logic.

Where did I say they might not be one of the names likely? I was replying to another poster and said they did nothing for me. When I said the Post is probably wide of the mark ? well it’s hardly the first time is it? Who cares who I like, I don’t get a say :laugh:

And if you are interested, I heard about RS & TT weeks before they were announced. 

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

Where did I say they might not be one of the names likely? I was replying to another poster and said they did nothing for me. When I said the Post is probably wide of the mark ? well it’s hardly the first time is it? Who cares who I like, I don’t get a say :laugh:

And if you are interested, I heard about RS & TT weeks before they were announced. 

??

It’s pretty obvious if you’d like to re-read your comments. You implied none of the Posts guesses would be right, so that means they would not be likely names.

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

??

It’s pretty obvious if you’d like to re-read your comments. You implied none of the Posts guesses would be right, so that means they would not be likely names.

??

It’s pretty obvious if you’d like to re-read my comments that me liking them or not makes no difference if the guesses are right or wrong. :laugh:

I’m bored of this now. I won’t be replying to you anymore, please have the last word if you feel that’s what you need. 

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

??

It’s pretty obvious if you’d like to re-read my comments that me liking them or not makes no difference if the guesses are right or wrong. :laugh:

I’m bored of this now. I won’t be replying to you anymore, please have the last word if you feel that’s what you need. 

OK

It seems The Cure and Paul McCartney are nailed on to be 2 of the 3 Glastonbury headliners - certainly the former, I'd imagine the latter is heavily rumoured but there's a chance it's because he'll play the 50th anniversary in 2020. I'm not sure I could imagine either of those at AG mind you.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

It seems The Cure and Paul McCartney are nailed on to be 2 of the 3 Glastonbury headliners - certainly the former, I'd imagine the latter is heavily rumoured but there's a chance it's because he'll play the 50th anniversary in 2020. I'm not sure I could imagine either of those at AG mind you.

Would be sorely tempted to come back for The Cure. Superb band, and a back catalogue that permits shows of Springsteen-esque durations.

I have no knowledge about further acts but have been doing some thinking. I think Muse aside, which I am taken as a given, the next acts will be something for the kids/teens...

Little Mix played a few stadiums ( Bolton etc) last year and have a new album coming out I believe. They would be hugely popular and would sell out. 

I’ve also just heard about BTS,  ( Bangtan Boys) a 7 piece Korean band who are currently playing at the o2 in London. The demand for tickets has been phonomenal. The queue for merchandise was reported yesterday as being 4 hours. They are crazy popular all over the world, just come from New York where they played infront of 40,000. I’ve not heard of them until today. They are huge, wouldn’t be surprised if we are having a piece of that, or trying to.

As for linking the artists who will be playing at Glasto, I think our concerts will be all over before mid June. Glasto doesn’t start until the end of June. There is a two or three week gap, don’t think we can bank on artists playing both. No impossible but with that time frame not likely either.

9 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Really not convinced Little Mix would sell out to be honest. Looking at their tour, aside from a couple, it was mostly sub-10k venues. Although if ever there was going to be a band I'd get wrong in terms of knowledge it would be someone like Little Mix ?

I’m guessing on the fact that they like many bands don’t play Bristol very often.  Swansea I think was the nearest and that’s quite a trek with children / teens from Bristol never mind Devon, Cornwall etc. I think our location for once might be an asset? 

• Admin
3 hours ago, RedM said:

I’ve also just heard about BTS,  ( Bangtan Boys) a 7 piece Korean band who are currently playing at the o2 in London. The demand for tickets has been phonomenal. The queue for merchandise was reported yesterday as being 4 hours. They are crazy popular all over the world, just come from New York where they played infront of 40,000. I’ve not heard of them until today. They are huge, wouldn’t be surprised if we are having a piece of that, or trying to.

Some info on them here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45800924

Archived