IGNORED

Outrageous

Bristol Rob

Just now, Tristan Cork said:

Daily Mail? The Post hasn't been owned by the Daily Mail for years and years. We're now owned by, effectively, the Mirror.

And yet the "journalism" is still at the same awful standard if not worse.  

Just now, Tristan Cork said:

Bristol Energy would've gone bust by now were it not for the millions invested in it by Bristol City Council. 

I think you should stick to ripping off buzzfeed, basic understanding of investment appears to be a bit too much for you.

Just imagine if our nickname was “the electricity” they’d be all over us too. 

Wasn’t there a story recently about Northamptonshire Council buying a box at the Northampton Saints ground for “hospitality “ for their housing department? That has been roundly criticised for wasting money. Our council could teach them a thing or two but surely there are parallels. 

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

And yet the "journalism" is still at the same awful standard if not worse.  

I think you should stick to ripping off buzzfeed, basic understanding of investment appears to be a bit too much for you.

It's interesting that you sadly seem incapable of not sinking to personal insults or attacks, and yet have still failed to adequately explain how the situation isn't that Bristol City Council's taxpayers are continuing to pump more and more millions into Bristol Energy - lots more than originally planned at the outset. 
Yes, the council set up Bristol Energy with investment, but it is turning into the kind of bottomless pit never envisaged at the start.
Do you work for Bristol Energy?

11 minutes ago, Tristan Cork said:

It's interesting that you sadly seem incapable of not sinking to personal insults or attacks, and yet have still failed to adequately explain how the situation isn't that Bristol City Council's taxpayers are continuing to pump more and more millions into Bristol Energy - lots more than originally planned at the outset. 
Yes, the council set up Bristol Energy with investment, but it is turning into the kind of bottomless pit never envisaged at the start.
Do you work for Bristol Energy?

I'll stop attacking your journalistic ability when you demonstrate you're capable of journalism.  For instance you could try actually investigating and using some facts instead of misleading people with nonsense like "bottomless pit".

I don't work for Bristol Energy or the council, and never have.  I'd just quite like to see a worthy attempt at improving the quality of life for Bristolians succeed.  Crazy I know.

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are Bristol Energy on course for profit and reducing their reliance on investment?

Yes, on track at the moment from what I understand.  Quite impressive particularly without being in the generation business which is typically the more lucrative side.  

I think investing £27 million into a energy company that continues to make a  loss and possibly always will, is money much better spent than say on; a arena that would never give the city any benefit or make money, investment, revitalise or increase footfall to new and established businesses.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

if city fans don't want to use them because they are linked with rovers is petty, if they provide a service that is value for money and cheaper then the big energy firms then then use them 

There are now plenty of other providers beyond the big six.

I can personally recommend Octopus Energy. Very proactive, easy to deal with, and continually looking at / and improving tariffs.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

There are now plenty of other providers beyond the big six.

I can personally recommend Octopus Energy. Very proactive, easy to deal with, and continually looking at / and improving tariffs.

Are you saying Octopus are a Which? Best buy 2018?? 

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

I think investing £27 million into a energy company that continues to make a  loss and possibly always will, is money much better spent than say on; a arena that would never give the city any benefit or make money, investment, revitalise or increase footfall to new and established businesses.

Do you really?

:cool2:

5 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bristol taxpayers have given Bristol Energy over 17million quid to this loss making energy provider, run by the city council and recording losses in the many millions annually.

And now their incentive to sign up with them comes with the offer of sixty quid worth of vouchers (I hate that word) to spend on Gas merchandise.

https://www.bristol-energy.co.uk/partners/bristol-rovers

So, we are effectively buying Rovers shirts (indirectly) if you are a tax payer.

Is this ethical?

They should contact the Forest Green Rovers owner to learn how to run a business.

Muppets.

I don't think any comparison with Thatcher's stands up.

I believe Thatcher's and Butcombe partner with Rovers and City, and makes business sense for them as they sell (lots) of their products at the grounds (more at one that the other, but stlil…). 

If Bristol Energy were offering a choice of City or Rovers in their promotion, we wouldn't have this issue. Non-football fan council tax payers would still have reason to complain though. 

Archived