IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, cheshire_red said:

It had a nice grass bank in the SUmmer, was awful in the winter!

Had a half time game of footy on the top of that bank....about 40 a side.....coppers stood watching patiently on the outerside of the fence , they knew it wouldn't be long before the ball went over there and when it did they just picked it up and walked away, there would be a whole unit in riot gear moving in to snatch the ball if it happened today..

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Pato starts and COD on the bench. ?

That’s what a squad is for. I’m surprised there aren’t more changes for a third game in 7 days. I guess they all feel up to it. 

Paterson hasn’t been good so far this season, but we know he can be a good player, so playing him is the only way to get his form back. 

If he’s poor tonight then I just hope he gets replaced early. 

COYR! 

1 minute ago, Redrascal2 said:

Am I going mad or has Johnson brought back Patterson. Beyond all belief. Hopelessly out of form since Christmas and certainly someone who cannot be counted on to dig deep and fight for a result. We start the match with the equivalent of 10 men. Nice one Lee.

Hopefully you’ve just guaranteed his return to form..! 

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

Can’t believe O’Dowda is on the bench, by far our best player on Tuesday night

Thought he had a good game, but he didn’t support Kelly defensively imho.  Did lots of good things but I do think too much is at 100mph and I think part of that is because he’s slight, and wants to avoid contact.  But definitely unlucky to see Pato get the nod ahead of him.  

19 minutes ago, 22A said:

Two goals is all we need to bring our "Tier 2" goals scored up to 2,800.

For you older fans; was the decrepit Springfield Park that Wigan used before the DW better then than the Mem is now?

They had our old floodlight's , so a definite yes!

10 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Had a half time game of footy on the top of that bank....about 40 a side.....coppers stood watching patiently on the outerside of the fence , they knew it wouldn't be long before the ball went over there and when it did they just picked it up and walked away, there would be a whole unit in riot gear moving in to snatch the ball if it happened today..

Was that the game Steve Neville broke his leg?

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Am I going mad or has Johnson brought back Patterson. Beyond all belief. Hopelessly out of form since Christmas and certainly someone who cannot be counted on to dig deep and fight for a result. We start the match with the equivalent of 10 men. Nice one Lee.

Pato will add cover to the midfield where Wigan are particularly strong. 

Pack and Brownhill would not be able to cope as a pair. 

Im sure we’ll see five across the middle when not in possession.

1 minute ago, Chris_Brown said:

Keith Andrews actually speaking quite well about us there, or was it my imagination? Showing a little bit of knowledge too.

Token gesture for the season, backhanded slightly as well not surprised by Wigan's start as a promoted club but surprised by ours.

Archived