IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

Just now, hodge said:

Token gesture for the season, backhanded slightly as well not surprised by Wigan's start as a promoted club but surprised by ours.

I can't comment on Wigan as I don't know much about them - but I'd agree with his comments about us. Given the players we sold I am pleasantly surprised by our start and we have recruited well.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well once more I hate to say I told you so but I did say after Tuesday nights game that I would not put it past LJ to recall Paterson, I hope he has a stormer but I have hoped that since the beginning of this year, for me he will weaken a midfield that was found wanting on Tuesday night.

I'm guessing he's starting on the basis we've have had 3 games in 7 days

33 minutes ago, 22A said:

Two goals is all we need to bring our "Tier 2" goals scored up to 2,800.

For you older fans; was the decrepit Springfield Park that Wigan used before the DW better then than the Mem is now?

Remember a fantastic rendition of 'My Garden Shed..' at Springfield Field back in the day.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

For anyone without Sky, the game is streamed on Hesgoal - might be a Dutch commentary mind!

Thanks for that, I like Hesgoal, usually never freezes.  Looking to get back to winning ways tonight,  hope Pato finally has a good game. COYR's

Just now, Newquay-Red said:

Don't see why Paterson is starting. Certainly doesn't deserve it based on his performances for a while now

Jeez.....think about it.................:cool2:

Wigan are strong in midfield and LJ has added Pato to support Pack and Brownhill. I doubt Pato will play as wide as he usually does.

32 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Am I going mad or has Johnson brought back Patterson. Beyond all belief. Hopelessly out of form since Christmas and certainly someone who cannot be counted on to dig deep and fight for a result. We start the match with the equivalent of 10 men. Nice one Lee.

watch him score an absolute cracker tonight.

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

Don't see why Paterson is starting. Certainly doesn't deserve it based on his performances for a while now

Has only played 35 minutes of football since the defeat v Boro where he was subbed off.  Was hoping the goal v Bolton was gonna be the kick-start, but it doesn’t seem to have.

One of our better technical players, and although I would’ve gone for O’Dowda, we don’t know if he’s carrying a knock, ditto Watkins.  Will certainly be reserving judgment til after the game.

42 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Pato starts and COD on the bench. ?

36 minutes ago, harrys said:

Can’t believe O’Dowda is on the bench, by far our best player on Tuesday night

Have to assume O'Dowda is knackered tbh. Overwise no reason for him not to be playing tonight.

Archived