IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In danger of being bullied out of this

Poor poor half 

We look like two low table teams

Bob.....you of all people with your insightful football knowledge should appreciate that LJ is doing what he did against the Blades - sniffling Wigan’s strengths, their midfield.

The first 45 was a exactly that - two teams cancelling each other out with neither being able to force the opposition keeper into a save. Very few, if any telling crosses.

It may get better in the second 45......we’ll have to wait and see.

It is a shame. I am a fan away from England and i can see only a few games every year and my team plays like that. Last game when they lost, they had over twenty shots at the goal, and today almost none...

Why every broadcasted match of us is shitty.... cause when i am watching at our highlights from other games, we do great and now... Is like our team is shy to be on the TV haha, like a shy teen ager before his first date.

45 minutes of my life lost forever, Wiemann very poor and  blaming people for his mistakes, midfield looks slow and Paterson looks like Paterson once more and has weakened the midfield, sorry I hope he is off at half time.

Garner is still a cheating piece of shit and should have been sent off it was a shocking challenge.

As a team we need to man up and try to stay on our feet and not go down so easily.

Andrews defending Garner. Bellend 

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

On a positive note, the half time score looks a lot better than it did at West Brom.

Yet played far worse imo 

My summary, a first-half to forget!

This game needs lifting either via a goal or through someone - hopefully a City player - grasping it by the throat and showing a bit of imagination. It’s very clogged up in midfield so we need to get width into things and pass/move much quicker. In short this is a game crying out for someone to step up and show the character to win it with a commanding second-half performance. 

Just now, Garland-sweden said:

Really hope we can do better in the second half. Think we are making one or to subs coming in 10 min in second half.

Hopefully.

Weimann anonymous, Brownhill anonymous, Paterson anonymous.

We are playing half pace, no threat at all.

Big half time talk for LJ, his team look shot.

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Garner should be off. Even if it's not a straight red on Webster the push on Kalas should have got him a yellow.

Reckon we are the better team but not playing particularly well. Maybe Taylor on as the Wigan backline looks pretty nervy on the ball.

I didn't notice a replay of the incident. 

Did anyone see it and does it make it clear that it was dangerous play from Garner? Think the ref just saw it as a high foot, whereas it looked to me that it was high and very late, and if so should have been red.

Am I missing something with the sky pundits love in for Wigan?

Thought we were the better team first half but only just and it's Wigan this and Wigan that and should be 2-0 up

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Studs down the top of Kalas's thigh and those two pricks in the studio say a booking is right ******* *******.

Webster

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Andrews defending Garner. Bellend 

Yet played far worse imo 

Will we complain if we play badly but come away with a scrappy 1-0 win?

At the end of the season the table shows how many points you have, not how you played.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He hides.

As he's done so far in this game.

Strange choice to play him from the start, we've lost the dynamism of O'Dowda and Watkins.

We all saw it coming midweek with LJ post match interview saying we had to stop powell,we knew he wasn’t going to go and try to win the game from the outset and just hope he gets lucky with substitutes again 

17 minutes ago, Cardy said:

Someone please tell me what Paterson actually does...?

He’s not been the same since his illness and clearly lacking confidence, but let’s keep digging him out every week that’ll work.

he was outstanding just before Xmas, united game and sheff Utd goal spring to mind so he has it in him.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Did anyone see it and does it make it clear that it was dangerous play from Garner? Think the ref just saw it as a high foot, whereas it looked to me that it was high and very late, and if so should have been red.

Correct. Classic Garner, knew exactly what he was doing.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

HT - Report from the Cat and Wheel.

4 bottles of Tiger.

2 smokes.

A bit underwhelmed. Would like to see us using the wings more.

Might get more beer. 

BR didn't you win us promotion a few years back with your legendary fag breaks creating goals for us? 

If so top work, but keep running those channels aka get back to the smoking pavilion and roll yourself a big one!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

It’s a red all day long

Garner studs up thigh high and very late

He had time to avoid catching Webster at all but left his foot there

Garner being Garner

A cowardly piece of scum......boyyyy I would love to have played against him....be worth £25

Archived