IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Newquay-Red said:

Paterson epitomises the identity of this club over the past few seasons. At times, capable of serious skill, sophisticated performances, and giving the opposition a bloody nose. The problem is this is happening with increasing rarity, and is often easily sussed out by opponents after initial success. This creates performances that are quite frankly atrocious.

For anyone thinking I am singling him out just based on tonight- I don't think that is true. He is a completely different person to the first half of last season, doesn't win tackles and has frustrated his team mates. It's shit because we know what he is capable of and in our games against Prem sides he truly took the game to them. The sad fact is that I think we have already seen his peak in a City shirt. He seems mentally fragile and prone to switching off.

He really established a brilliant understanding with Reid last season at times they seemed to pass quicker than anyone around them, Weimann is an upgrade but more direct and I think Pato is struggling to adapt

I know you ‘don’t get much for £2 million these days’

but a couple of years back if you’d said we’d spend £1.8m on a fullback I’d have expected Roberto Carlos

Jack Hunt  ?

£1.8million ?

I hope  he has a lot more to offer 

Their hunger and desire is winning this which is unacceptable in my book

This is the worst football game that I ever seen, and i was to watch League 3 games in Romania....

I regret that i watched this *** Wigan has better players on every role, and we do not deserve the first ten places... we won by luck. We are a second to bottom half team.

Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

He really established a brilliant understanding with Reid last season at times they seemed to pass quicker than anyone around them, Weimann is an upgrade but more direct and I think Pato is struggling to adapt

At times indeed but not since January and that is an awful lot of games, I cannot recall the last good game that he had for us it is that long ago.

Archived