IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

Annoyingly rubbish.

No player came out of that with credit really. Allowed Wigan to entirely turn it in to the type of game they wanted, the chances we created were then fluffed. Allowed ourselves to get mugged by a side with one shot on target.

Far far to passive in the first half, players looked like their confidence is shot, and more worryingly seemed to lack desire.

We have still no idea how to play against this type of team.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I don’t understand how we can swing from being really good to really shite. Is it a mental thing? A fitness thing? A tactical thing?

A 2 away games in a week thing. 

I know we’ll have 2 home games in a week at some point but surely the fixtures can be worked out better. 

Not saying the result would be any different but must make a difference. 

Bad result, horrific performance (at least in the 2nd half).

Our midfield had a particularly bad night, and I guess fatigue could be the main cause: that's why I wanted Walsh to start instead of Pack or Brownhill. Pato was quite uneffective too, and Fammy and Andi were often leaved alone.

Another negative thing: Kalas injury.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Thought we played much better against WBA and lost by a bigger margin. Two poor teams tonight and not a good advert for Championship football.

Quality wise, it was more league 2 than championship.

That'll get a few opposing teams shitting themselves...............not.

One game only to go before we have played the magic ten games, and can make a first judgment on how the season is going to go.

Hopefully tonight isn't the start of an early collapse to our season and we take three points off Villa.. But on tonight's showing something quite dramatic will have to happen.  Lacklustre doesn't even begin to describe the performance. 

Why do City keep flattering only to deceive?  As said above there must be reasons: fitness, tactics, or something else?

The Ref was poor, soft free kick for them and not much for us. Garner should have been off but.....

Playing like that even against 10 men we would have struggled. That is the poorest passing display I ve seen for a long time. I questioned why Paterson started, and I'm still wondering. While we're at it what does Watkins add to the team and Hunt is another.
Wonder what wisdom LJ will impart this evening. Love to hear him say .... sorry , but that was just shite. We go again 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Annoyingly rubbish.

No player came out of that with credit really. Allowed Wigan to entirely turn it in to the type of game they wanted, the chances we created were then fluffed. Allowed ourselves to get mugged by a side with one shot on target.

Far far to passive in the first half, players looked like their confidence is shot, and more worryingly seemed to lack desire.

We have still no idea how to play against this type of team.

This still remains my biggest concern. Teams like Wigan, Millwall, Rotherham and the like.

That, frankly, was totally and utterly diabolical. At least win one 50:50 in 96 minutes lads. 

Can’t think of one positive aside from Pato not being seen anywhere near a football pitch for the rest of the season. 

Players and management should refund the costs of all those who travelled to watch that pile of ****. 

I lay that defeat squarly with the manager, wrong team, wrong tactics, no motivation, no desire, no composure no nothing tonight woeful from the top down and a revisit of the second half of last season but in some ways worse because Wigan were not even very good, below average for this division and won at a canter because they had more desire.

I found the tactics quite bewildering, did Fammy spend a lot of his time on the left wing? Or didn't he?

Kelly is being bigged up by the media but I'm sorry he seems to me to be a young man finding his way and made a number of errors.

Brownhill was never in the game, Paterson likewise.

The question I really need answering is were Wigan really that good?

If Villa are on their game they will murder us.

We’ve had our winning streak. Wonder how long this losing one will go on for..?

That was probably worse than Bolton last year. You could see there were a few arguments between players tonight, something just didn’t click at all.

My old man was there tonight and I feel sorry he had to pay to see that, even if it was only a tenner!

6 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

All over, absolute rubbish... Kelly & COD, when he belatedly came on, about the only 2 City players who deserve their pay tonight.

I don't think Kelly played well at all, along with all the others.

They were all well below what should be expected.

His crossing is abysmal other than the odd good one, he needs to work on that as it will hold him back.

4 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

That, frankly, was totally and utterly diabolical. At least win one 50:50 in 96 minutes lads. 

Can’t think of one positive aside from Pato not being seen anywhere near a football pitch for the rest of the season. 

Players and management should refund the costs of all those who travelled to watch that pile of ****. 

Watkins won a 50/50 with knobs on.

Unfortunately it was against Kalas.

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Feel sorry for ones who made the journey.

Reading on Twitter etc that our one CATS coach left at 12.30 and arrived at Wigan 7.05pm. Loads of people are saying they made a 6 hour car journey for this shite too. Not quite the thrashing I experienced at Preston but I bet those travelling back won’t feel it’s much different

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

I'm far far from LJ biggest man, would have fired him already 4 or 5 times and I do not believe he will ever get us promoted unless Santa Steve buys it for him. I am just resigned that we have to put up with this variable performances and whatever happens nothing will change. We are a mid table side. We do not have the squad to play the way LJ wants. He will come out with injury excuses, exhaustion, the rain, the wind, we will have the odd performance, but then have rubbish like tonight. There is a way to get out of this league, and our approach is not going to achieve it. Not really making excuses, just resigned to more of the same .

Sorry cannot agree, we had a platform of 4 wins on the trot, Tuesday we played as if we were a team of Billy big bollox's and were gung ho, casual and disorganised in midfield, tonight we hid because they were tough, got stuck in, won all their 50/50's, it was a shameful performance and LJ got everything wrong tonight and his team were gutless.

6 minutes ago, BobbyIsMyDad said:

Everyone awful bar O’Dowda. A special mention goes to Diedhiou, absolute clown. I feel sorry for Matt Taylor. 

Totally agree, it's easy to look at players on the bench and say they would have done better but surely COD in his correct position and Matty running for everything as he does would have been a better change.  Think Matty should be starting to really ask some questions in certain places.  Fammy is a great character but needs to offer far more than that.

Archived