IGNORED

Wigan Athletic v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry cannot agree, we had a platform of 4 wins on the trot, Tuesday we played as if we were a team of Billy big bollox's and were gung ho, casual and disorganised in midfield, tonight we hid because they were tough, got stuck in, won all their 50/50's, it was a shameful performance and LJ got everything wrong tonight and his team were gutless.

spot on, nobody and I mean nobody could possibly argue with that.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Ref was poor, soft free kick for them and not much for us. Garner should have been off but.....

Playing like that even against 10 men we would have struggled. That is the poorest passing display I ve seen for a long time. I questioned why Paterson started, and I'm still wondering. While we're at it what does Watkins add to the team and Hunt is another.
Wonder what wisdom LJ will impart this evening. Love to hear him say .... sorry , but that was just shite. We go again 

I agree. Paterson does well in training apparently, he’s certainly lost it during matches for sure and a waste of a place at the moment. I can’t see much in Watkins either but has popped up with a couple of goals, not sure how. Hunt is there as we really have nobody else, absolutely nobody. Pisano and Wright injured. No Korey and Brownhill covering Korey, nobody else.

I only managed to catch the second half, but I shouldn't have bothered. We looked as weak as water against a Wigan side that showed more desire and tenacity. Diedhiou should have snatched a point for us at the end but from what I saw we didn't deserve anything from that game.

1 minute ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

From watching it at the DW tonight, we just kept on getting pushed back and back until we gave the ball away. We wouldn’t move the ball forward until COD came on and in the last 5 mins. Dissapointing performance considering that Wigan’s only shot on target went in.

Fair play for making the trip mate. You lot deserved a better performance than that. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

You cannot expect Pack and Brownhill to play 3 games in 7 days with that approach to games, they cannot possibly cover the ground and have infinite energy. You have to have a plan B , C or D. `we have a squad , it has to be used. You have to use what you have not what you wish you had.  Ive given up moaning about LJ, he will never get fired, and so we will have this roller coaster of ups and downs whilst he continues his training and experimenting. We were never going to be automatic promotion challengers, that was evident when you sell your 3 best players, but we should be good enough to avoid relegation. If you get mid table , you are only ever a few points away from a play off place. It's the reality of where we are. 

Correct but how many centre midfielders did we sign in the summer?, especially as Smith was never fully fit during pre season right up until he got injured.

LJ has got a total blind spot when it comes to centre midfield and when we are bad you can bet your life it's usually because our centre midfield is misfiring, tonight the whole side had the look of LJ as a player, shying away from the tough stuff.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

:laugh: You couldn't catch the match? I actually saw FD look at the ball tonight and go,  f* ck that, I can'r be arsed.

If you go to football expecting to be refunded when we lose then you’re extremely odd and it’s not the sport for you. We certainly aren’t the team for you. I’ve seen far worse peformances than that and haven’t, nor would I ever go crying for a refund. Wigan away last time was worse than that, we just happened to nick it 1-0 at the death. As I said, calm down and get over yourself.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Fair enough, so you think LJ and the squad are good enough to get us promoted ? Good luck with that thought. 

Where exactly have I said that?, you said that they were tired and I am saying guess what? Wigan have played 3 games exactly the same as us and were missing 2 of their best players and wanted and tried to get a result and we never and we were helped by tactics and team selection.

Just now, Aaron-Bcfc said:

If you go to football expecting to be refunded when we lose then you’re extremely odd and it’s not the sport for you. We certainly aren’t the team for you. I’ve seen far worse peformances than that and haven’t, nor would I ever go crying for a refund. Wigan away last time was worse than that, we just happened to nick it 1-0 at the death. As I said, calm down and get over yourself.

and yet, the manager seems to agree with the rest of us. it was ****

I take your point about the refund, but heey. If you're happy with that, fine. youre obviously a better fan

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

PS ill calm down when I want to , not when you say pal

3 minutes ago, nickolas said:

‘Embarrassing’. Fair play for his honesty. 

Hes also dead right. 

Fair enough. Pretty honest. Clearly pointing at players but also saying will have to look at by at tactics and see if they got it wrong.

Not sure he could be say much else after that showing.

Was that embarrassing comment solely for Paterson? Because I’d be inclined to agree with him.

He walked off in a strop and he looked like he couldn’t care less. LJ mentioned about playing for the club and badge, he certainly didn’t look like it. 

I’m amazed how he won a starting place tonight. Granted the 3 games in 6 days but O’Dowda is a fit athlete and a half fit Callum pisses all over Paterson anyway.

Archived