IGNORED

Terrible

Langford Red

2 minutes ago, BCFC Josh said:

Woeful tonight. Best player on Tuesday in O’Dowda dropped for Paterson!? Why. Lack of effort,  ideas and quality. Performance like that against Villa will result in another 5-0 ?

Because it had been predetermined. LJ had a plan for these three games and was going to stick to it regardless. It cost us at least two points over these last two games.

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not one poor performance tho mate,Blackburn and sheff United were results we really shouldn’t of got when he changed our formation to stop them,at one stage your luck is going to run out 

Oh for goodness sake. So results where the manager has to make subs to impact the game don't count? That's it, bed time.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You even manage to spin a shameful/gutless performance into a poor performance, that was not a poor performance it was far worse.

Calling it “poor” is spin is it? I could have used any number of adjectives tonight, it was crap, I just happened to use that one.

Get a grip and stop reading things that aren’t there.

LJ’s post-match comments include:

’We were poor, lacked quality, I’m as disappointed as I’ve ever been by one of my teams, I was actually  a bit embarrassed, we played with no cohesion, it’s back to the drawing board, the boys are there to perform but tonight they didn’t, there was no communication, disappointed we didn’t perform’

Good for him for being honest. 

8 minutes ago, cityexile said:

At least that was one team playing poorly and one well. The fact that these two teams tonight were playing for third place looked bizarre. Looked a relegation clash.

Well I can’t argue with that. Although I’d expect more urgency in a relegation clash. It was just so flat tonight, almost strangely so.

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What I don’t understand is that we finally showed an ounce of urgency in the last five minutes - and had a couple of decent chances. Wigan were bang average and it wouldn’t have taken our best form to beat them. Yet it took literally 91 minutes to find any energy. Why? So, so poor tonight.

I said exactly the same. We only had a go in stoppage time and that’s abysmal. A really baffling performance 

OK final word. We were garbage tonight. Absolute f****ing dogshit and the players should be ashamed of themselves. 

Does this however mean that we should write off the remaining 37 games of the season? Does it mean that we will play as bad next week? Of course it doesn't. The team deserve to be scolded but let's look at the performance in isolation, not write our entire season off. Well done to Chippenhamred for having some common sense, others don't seem to.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

’We were poor, lacked quality, I’m as disappointed as I’ve ever been by one of my teams, I was actually  a bit embarrassed, we played with no cohesion, it’s back to the drawing board, the boys are there to perform but tonight they didn’t, there was no communication, disappointed we didn’t perform’

Honest

fair play

Sums it up to some degree

but worrying if he’s back to the drawing board

AGAIN

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

OK final word. We were garbage tonight. Absolute f****ing dogshit and the players should be ashamed of themselves. 

Does this however mean that we should write off the remaining 37 games of the season? Does it mean that we will play as bad next week? Of course it doesn't. The team deserve to be scolded but let's look at the performance in isolation, not write our entire season off. Well done to Chippenhamred for having some common sense, others don't seem to.

Thanks.

Not pretending it was anything other than crap tonight. Just trying to put a few toys back in the pram.

I have to say that was dreadfully poor.

We were powderpuff in every challenge, ponderous on the ball & making mistake after mistake at the back.

We have a squad but really if we are going to keep players fresh we have got to use it.

Too many players looked tired and off the pace.

This was a game to use Dasilva and probably Walsh in fairness.

Without game time how on earth are these players ever going to integrate?

LJ is all for changing formations so why not have one to accomodate Walsh?

We could have easily beaten Wigan with a better tempo to our game.

This league is brutal but flogging Pack and Brownhill week in week out will mean one or both getting injured.

That is the poorest I've seen us play this season and I put that solely down to fatigue.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It simply doesn’t work like that in the Championship.

We’ve beaten good sides before already this season (Swansea, Sheff Utd) and held our own against a fancied Forest team.

What if we play like we did in those games? Why the determination to judge everything solely on tonight?

Sorry for attempting to provide a bit of perspective.

Not the errors or poor quality thatscthe major concern , I’d suggest it’s the application desire and attitude that’s the major concern and the reason for most people’s disgust

We looked a rudderless ship lacking strong leadership on and off the pitch 

12 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Reminded me of Bolton away in Jan. Stopped playing by a team defending with numbers. Disappointing thing for me is that they looked dodgy in the box from set pieces so we should've gone much more direct much earlier. *

* edit gambled earlier with a bigger physical presence along side Fam

Yes reminded me of the Bolton away match too (early Feb). That was Fri night on TV as well. And I feel the same tonight as I did after that match!

I also have a concern that we rely Pack so much and he hasn’t been at his best for a few games now, even the win v Blackburn. We need him on top form.

Also fear that Kalas may be out for a while.

I also think Taylor needs to start; we need his mobility and pressing. And O’Dowda needs to be starting but on the wing. 

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It simply doesn’t work like that in the Championship.

We’ve beaten good sides before already this season (Swansea, Sheff Utd) and held our own against a fancied Forest team.

What if we play like we did in those games? Why the determination to judge everything solely on tonight?

Sorry for attempting to provide a bit of  agree in this division it often doe

I agree witb you it often doesnt work like that in this league.

However, I stand by my original comment that based on the past two performances and an improving Villa team it's hard to see us getting anything from the game - hope I am wrong!

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I just heard the manager say it was embarrassing. Surely the fans can say the same??

I didn’t say they couldn’t. And I haven’t said anything other than how crap the game was tonight.

But that doesn’t mean we’ve already lost to Aston Villa and it doesn’t mean that previous positive results this season are somehow now invalid.

3 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes reminded me of the Bolton away match too (early Feb). That was Fri night on TV as well. And I feel the same tonight as I did after that match!

I also have a concern that we rely Pack so much and he hasn’t been at his best for a few games now, even the win v Blackburn. We need him on top form.

Also fear that Kalas may be out for a while.

I also think Taylor needs to start; we need his mobility and pressing. And O’Dowda needs to be starting but on the wing. 

LJ did say Kalas was ok but has a nasty cut under his chin. No talk of broken jaws or anything.

14 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

To be fair he always is honest...

Unfortunately...everything about tonight was typical of what we have come to expect from a Lee Johnson team 

Weak, soft, gifting goals and a complete lack of leadership 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not the errors or poor quality thatscthe major concern , I’d suggest it’s the application desire and attitude that’s the major concern and the reason for most people’s disgust

We looked a rudderless ship lacking strong leadership on and off the pitch 

I agree. The lack of any sort of urgency tonight was unacceptable. Not denying it for a second.

But this same group of players has already won four games this season. Some of the comments here would suggest we won’t win another game all season. Someone has to try to offer some perspective.

Archived