IGNORED

Terrible

Langford Red

16 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

That was absolutely dreadful, frustrating and downright annoying. I’m angry at all of them for the performance. No one wanted the ball. No one stood up and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. No one created anything.

We are a decent team but that was a performance that stank of a manager who has over-thought the three games in six days. LJ has got it wrong these last two games and it’s cost us at least two points.

Eliasson and Diedhiou should have started against West Brom. They terrified them, the power of Diedhiou and Eliasson’s trickery did wonders going forward.

Today, we needed a more technical, astute approach. Taylor could easily have made a difference and O’Dowda was the only one who was looking for the ball after he came on.

I believe we could easily have ended with two draws if the selection had been right. Now we’re two losses down with a really tough game next. Could easily be three defeats in a row.

This last week stinks of over-planning and a predetermined strategy that was going to happen whatever happened.

At some point you have to trust your best players to play a few games in a row and bring in backups when players really need them, not as a pre-planned strategy to get them through the games. 

I’m annoyed and angry at a two game spell that has taken away a lot of the momentum over the previous four. It’s not even as if Wigan and West Brom have been that great! West Brom could easily have been beaten by us, whilst Wigan are a hard-working, organised bunch of journeymen.

We need to trust in ourselves and be a hell of a lot better going forward.

(This last week stinks of over-planning and a predetermined strategy that was going to happen whatever happened.

At some point you have to trust your best players to play a few games in a row and bring in backups when players really need them, not as a pre-planned strategy to get them through the games.)

this bit is exactly how I saw it too. when is he going to learn to stick with a winning team. change it if it dont work one day , not change it just because you think a different 11 will do even better

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree. The lack of any sort of urgency tonight was unacceptable. Not denying it for a second.

But this same group of players has already won four games this season. Some of the comments here would suggest we won’t win another game all season. Someone has to try to offer some perspective.

I’ve just posted on another thread about LJs post match comments

Alarm Bells ,

And I think his interview compounds this

18 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It’s not one poor performance tho mate,Blackburn and sheff United were results we really shouldn’t of got when he changed our formation to stop them,at one stage your luck is going to run out 

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but I have to disagree with you there.

Blackburn were aggressive, scored a fluke and perhaps should have had another but we had the better players and as the game wore on there was only going to be one winner.

Sheff Utd were the best team we've played and we went toe to toe with them then LJ effectively won the game with his subs and we could've easily scored another.

Tonight was a definition of a poor performance, not those matches.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t. And I haven’t said anything other than how crap the game was tonight.

But that doesn’t mean we’ve already lost to Aston Villa and it doesn’t mean that previous positive results this season are somehow now invalid.

the first bit, I think we have unless something amazing happens, the second I agree we had a good spell. Why does it always have to be winning winning winning then lose lose lose. This pattern has to stop or we go nowhere. Tonight, realy puzzled me, cos despite the mistakes, the football we played on Tuesday was excellent.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

To be fair he always is honest...

Unfortunately...everything about tonight was typical of what we have come to expect from a Lee Johnson team 

Weak, soft, and a complete lack of leadership 

Absolutely no change to last season

Get your tin hat on

But Nailed 

We lack a leader to progress further 

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

(This last week stinks of over-planning and a predetermined strategy that was going to happen whatever happened.

At some point you have to trust your best players to play a few games in a row and bring in backups when players really need them, not as a pre-planned strategy to get them through the games.)

this bit is exactly how I saw it too. when is he going to learn to stick with a winning team. change it if it dont work one day , not change it just because you think a different 11 will do even better

Exactly. We’ve played less than ten games this season and had an international break. Surely these players can still perform. We have a week till our next game. I say play our best, in form players and see what happens. This week it was obviously carefully thought out, but real life just doesn’t work like that and a carefully thought out plan can’t compensate for form or an individual’s confidence levels. Subbing Eliasson off tonight could easily knock his confidence and cost us more than playing him for an extra thirty minutes could have done.

I agree. The lack of any sort of urgency tonight was unacceptable. Not denying it for a second.

But this same group of players has already won four games this season. Some of the comments here would suggest we won’t win another game all season. Someone has to try to offer some perspective.

People can take losing, bloody hell we are all experienced enough in that. But what seems to have upset people rightly enough is the manner in which we lost. We even had posts on here after West Brom saying people were proud etc and it didnt feel like a loss. Tonight I feel like we were battered 6-0 or something such was our pathetic performance. We all know they can play better, and they will, but for now with football being an emotional, passionate game it hurts.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I didn’t say they couldn’t. And I haven’t said anything other than how crap the game was tonight.

But that doesn’t mean we’ve already lost to Aston Villa and it doesn’t mean that previous positive results this season are somehow now invalid.

How much?  Have you seen their strike force   :laugh: I think you have. most have them were at City

I can take losing if the performance is ok and we give it 100%. I was happy post match Tuesday as we entertained and I thought  we would kick on again tonight by playing the same way but keeping it tighter at the back against less potent opponents.

jesus Christ, how wrong was I. Id make them run home after that, and the coaching staff. Simply unacceptable and embarrassing.

that level of performance shouldn’t be coming from championship footballers earning more in a month than some of us do in a year. 

Im seething after watching that.

8 minutes ago, Swede said:

I have to say that was dreadfully poor.

We were powderpuff in every challenge, ponderous on the ball & making mistake after mistake at the back.

We have a squad but really if we are going to keep players fresh we have got to use it.

Too many players looked tired and off the pace.

This was a game to use Dasilva and probably Walsh in fairness.

Without game time how on earth are these players ever going to integrate?

LJ is all for changing formations so why not have one to accomodate Walsh?

We could have easily beaten Wigan with a better tempo to our game.

This league is brutal but flogging Pack and Brownhill week in week out will mean one or both getting injured.

That is the poorest I've seen us play this season and I put that solely down to fatigue.

I'm sorry but fatigue isn't a good enough excuse for that performance.

Wigan have also played 3 games this week and seemed to win most 50/50 balls.

The quality of play was shite.

Paterson shouldnt be on the bench let alone the first 11.

I really cannot understand why O'Dowda isn't playing from the start.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

the first bit, I think we have unless something amazing happens, the second I agree we had a good spell. Why does it always have to be winning winning winning then lose lose lose. This pattern has to stop or we go nowhere. Tonight, realy puzzled me, cos despite the mistakes, the football we played on Tuesday was excellent.

We’ve already lost to Aston Villa “unless something amazing happens”.

They’re not Brazil 1970. They have the same number of points as Sheff Utd, who we beat recently, and a point more than Swansea, who we beat on their own patch.

It wouldn’t take something “amazing” to beat them, it would be very typical of both City and the Championship as a division for us to turn in a good performance and win the game.

Memories are so ridiculously short on here. We’re still above Villa in the table for goodness sake.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

People can take losing, bloody hell we are all experienced enough in that. But what seems to have upset people rightly enough is the manner in which we lost. We even had posts on here after West Brom saying people were proud etc and it didnt feel like a loss. Tonight I feel like we were battered 6-0 or something such was our pathetic performance. We all know they can play better, and they will, but for now with football being an emotional, passionate game it hurts.

Very fair comments @RedM, can’t diagaree with any of that.

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Everyone is entitled to his opinion but I have to disagree with you there.

Blackburn were aggressive, scored a fluke and perhaps should have had another but we had the better players and as the game wore on there was only going to be one winner.

Sheff Utd were the best team we've played and we went toe to toe with them then LJ effectively won the game with his subs and we could've easily scored another.

Tonight was a definition of a poor performance, not those matches.

Had Blackburn and sheff United buried their chances early on then we wouldn’t of got a sniff,I’m not sure what you mean by we had the better players by the way

15 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Terrible.....   it was even that good!

As worrying as the (lack of any) performance was, the players lack of interest in Kalas when we was down with a serious looking injury defied belief. 

Yeah I noticed that. It didn't exactly suggest a strong squad harmony or atleast towards Kallas anyway. Very strange behaviours.

Winning is about good, brave decision making - if LJ visited the Guiness brewery and fell in the fermentation vat, they would heave him out pretty quick and ditch the brew before it went bad - Paterson starting? Even the team knew they were doomed, would love to know what dirt Pato is holding over LJ, there is no other team in the championship that would start him! 

So LJ gets a few good results and he's king of the castle...we all forget that his record is diabolical... City have played really poor tonight and everyone is moaning like it's our right to win and play brilliantly. Yes the majority of the blame goes to the players but ultimately the buck stops at LJ, it's not the tea lady picking the team, isit? I wish that people will wake up! 

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’ve already lost to Aston Villa “unless something amazing happens”.

They’re not Brazil 1970. They have the same number of points as Sheff Utd, who we beat recently, and a point more than Swansea, who we beat on their own patch.

It wouldn’t take something “amazing” to beat them, it would be very typical of both City and the Championship as a division for us to turn in a good performance and win the game.

Memories are so ridiculously short on here. We’re still above Villa in the table for goodness sake.

Just like to point only by 1 point above they play Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

So LJ gets a few good results and he's king of the castle...we all forget that his record is diabolical... City have played really poor tonight and everyone is moaning like it's our right to win and play brilliantly. Yes the majority of the blame goes to the players but ultimately the buck stops at LJ, it's not the tea lady picking the team, isit? I wish that people will wake up! 

“His record is diabolical”.

Give me strength. The defeats really do count more than the victories for some people don’t they.

“His record is diabolical”.

Give me strength. The defeats really do count more than the victories for some people don’t they.

It's getting boring now... Yes we had an amazing time at the start of last season..but apart from that as a whole it hasn't been good enough. Some of you lot are crackers seriously. 

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Honest

fair play

Sums it up to some degree

but worrying if he’s back to the drawing board

AGAIN

Also worrying when set against his pre-match comments which were along the lines of ‘the cameras are here and we are looking to put on an entertaining display’

Archived