IGNORED

Terrible

Langford Red

35 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Get your tin hat on

But Nailed 

We lack a leader to progress further 

Managers personalities rub off on their teams. Johnson seems like a lovely guys....but as a player was lightweight , soft and just weak . That now shows in the players he buys and the mentality he breeds, within the team and club as a whole . Lovely blokes...but weak as piss.

I actually don't think Johnson will ever take is down....but there is absolutely no way he will turn us into a top 6 team. And he will never get us to the Premiership 

Mr Bang Average 

14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Had Blackburn and sheff United buried their chances early on then we wouldn’t of got a sniff,I’m not sure what you mean by we had the better players by the way

I was referring to Blackburn, they ran out of steam trying to press and once we levelled there was only one team to win that match and the better players on our side stood out.

Sheff Utd we were evenly matched up until the subs which makes watching that dross last night even harder to take. 

14 hours ago, dave36 said:

Winning is about good, brave decision making - if LJ visited the Guiness brewery and fell in the fermentation vat, they would heave him out pretty quick and ditch the brew before it went bad - Paterson starting? Even the team knew they were doomed, would love to know what dirt Pato is holding over LJ, there is no other team in the championship that would start him! 

This is the Pato who has just signed a new improved 3 year contract.

Either he refinds his mojo or someone is going to have a considerable amount of egg on their managerial faces . 

Pato's stats from last year are good . 

15 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“His record is diabolical”.

Give me strength. The defeats really do count more than the victories for some people don’t they.

His overall record might not be diabolical but the losing streaks certainly are. Losing 2 games on the trot is certainly not a losing streak but should we lose to villa the Rotherham game becomes very important. In my mind the villa game is a ‘must not lose’ game. 

Why is anyone surprised. This was a LJ team with LJ tactics. The man has never consistently done well as a manager. He has never won anything or got a side promoted. He makes poor signings, poor decisions, poor selections, poor tactics and quite often unbelievable substitutions. We all know that at any other club he would have been sacked long ago. If anyone really believes we will achieve anything much with him in charge they are nut cases. When we win it is in spite of him not because of him - he just gets lucky sometimes.

Say what you will and criticise me all you like but you will find that I am right in the longer term.

7 minutes ago, longyears said:

Why is anyone surprised. This was a LJ team with LJ tactics. The man has never consistently done well as a manager. He has never won anything or got a side promoted. He makes poor signings, poor decisions, poor selections, poor tactics and quite often unbelievable substitutions. We all know that at any other club he would have been sacked long ago. If anyone really believes we will achieve anything much with him in charge they are nut cases. When we win it is in spite of him not because of him - he just gets lucky sometimes.

Say what you will and criticise me all you like but you will find that I am right in the longer term.

Fair play for such a humble post.

19 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Aston Villa next can feel a hammering coming. 

19 hours ago, KentRed said:

Difficult to see us getting anything from Villa which means 3 defeats. We seem such a boom or bust team under Johnson

19 hours ago, roddy-d said:

After that performance you both for real. 

You watch the ex City players coming back to haunt you. 

18 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

the first bit, I think we have unless something amazing happens, the second I agree we had a good spell. Why does it always have to be winning winning winning then lose lose lose. This pattern has to stop or we go nowhere. Tonight, realy puzzled me, cos despite the mistakes, the football we played on Tuesday was excellent.

So the fearsome Villa have just lost at home to Wednesday and remain below us in the table. Which just proves that anyone can beat anyone in this division and Friday’s game is not the foregone conclusion you seem to make it out to be.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So the fearsome Villa have just lost at home to Wednesday and remain below us in the table. Which just proves that anyone can beat anyone in this division and Friday’s game is not the foregone conclusion you seem to make it out to be.

It is if we play anything like last night.

We need LJ to put some fire in their bellies, but very unclear if motivating players is one of his strong points.

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I do hope your right. 

I will tell you now if we win I will be saying we are going to get a hammering every week. ?

On 21/09/2018 at 22:00, Dastardly and Muttley said:

That was absolutely dreadful, frustrating and downright annoying. I’m angry at all of them for the performance. No one wanted the ball. No one stood up and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. No one created anything.

We are a decent team but that was a performance that stank of a manager who has over-thought the three games in six days. LJ has got it wrong these last two games and it’s cost us at least two points.

Eliasson and Diedhiou should have started against West Brom. They terrified them, the power of Diedhiou and Eliasson’s trickery did wonders going forward.

Today, we needed a more technical, astute approach. Taylor could easily have made a difference and O’Dowda was the only one who was looking for the ball after he came on.

I believe we could easily have ended with two draws if the selection had been right. Now we’re two losses down with a really tough game next. Could easily be three defeats in a row.

This last week stinks of over-planning and a predetermined strategy that was going to happen whatever happened.

At some point you have to trust your best players to play a few games in a row and bring in backups when players really need them, not as a pre-planned strategy to get them through the games.

I’m annoyed and angry at a two game spell that has taken away a lot of the momentum over the previous four. It’s not even as if Wigan and West Brom have been that great! West Brom could easily have been beaten by us, whilst Wigan are a hard-working, organised bunch of journeymen.

We need to trust in ourselves and be a hell of a lot better going forward.

On 21/09/2018 at 22:04, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Because it had been predetermined. LJ had a plan for these three games and was going to stick to it regardless. It cost us at least two points over these last two games.

Missed these two posts on Friday D@M.  I agree although I think you can look ahead to future fixtures and in your head think game x might be the one to rest someone, but you have to wait and see what happens in the games that you’ve played, first of all.  The danger of looking at 3 games in advance is that actually game 4 is just as important.  You’re either gonna rotate consistently to keep fresh, or accept you’re gonna have to play Walsh (or Morrell) at some point, when you don’t want to.

I think it’s fair to say he’d promoted Pato a run out during the 3 games.

re Subs, why the insistence on doing two at once.  Why not try one and see what difference it makes.  He was left with no option to bring on Taylor once Kalas went off!

On 21/09/2018 at 22:12, Swede said:

I have to say that was dreadfully poor.

We were powderpuff in every challenge, ponderous on the ball & making mistake after mistake at the back.

We have a squad but really if we are going to keep players fresh we have got to use it.

Too many players looked tired and off the pace.

This was a game to use Dasilva and probably Walsh in fairness.

Without game time how on earth are these players ever going to integrate?

LJ is all for changing formations so why not have one to accomodate Walsh?

We could have easily beaten Wigan with a better tempo to our game.

This league is brutal but flogging Pack and Brownhill week in week out will mean one or both getting injured.

That is the poorest I've seen us play this season and I put that solely down to fatigue.

Lots to agree with there Swede.

On 22/09/2018 at 15:53, aa_bcfc said:

His overall record might not be diabolical but the losing streaks certainly are. Losing 2 games on the trot is certainly not a losing streak but should we lose to villa the Rotherham game becomes very important. In my mind the villa game is a ‘must not lose’ game. 

They don't do "must not lose games"

On 22/09/2018 at 17:03, ChippenhamRed said:

We was lucky mid table finish for us. 

Archived