IGNORED

Ratings

cidercity1987

Come on then, let's have em:

Maenpaa 6: Didn't have much to do and did nothing wrong

Hunt 4: All over the shop, poor control on many occasions.

Webster 6: Didn't do much wrong

Kalas 5: Worst game I've seen from him, spent the wrong time trying to a Baker hard man impression

Kelly 5: Did not affect the game going forward, which is a key requirement of our full backs.

Defensive average 5

Eliasson 5: Not given enough of the ball, a few runs followed by fouls not given and some decent corners. He should have stayed on.

Pack 3: He was useless, his only role in an attacking sense is spread the ball around. Pass completion must have been about 50%.

Brownhill 4: Totally underwhelmed by him again. Looks like a good box to box midfielder on paper but didn't get involved and lumped it when he did. Must do better Josh.

Paterson 3: Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but he was awful. One decent run in first 5 mins followed by a through ball to Diedhiou, great work. Spent the rest of the game watching the ball bounce off him in any direction.

Midfield average 4 this was where the game was lost.

Weimann 4: Marked down due to missing easy chances. Clean through no shot, free header 8 yards out closer to corner flag.

Diedhiou 5: Put himself about a bit, should have scored at the end.

Strikers average 5.

I'm so pleased that they've all had a lovely few days away staying in a pleasant hotel and bonding.........which seems strange, as most of them looked as if they had never met each other before?  They were certainly out battled and out fought tonite...........and so never earned the right to play any decent football, the ratings should be 4 all round, apart from Patterson who gets a big fat 2, for turning up?

Maenpaa 6: Didn't have a lot to do but did what he had to do competently

Hunt 4: Poor, he had a chance to redeem himself after Tuesdays below par performance but didn't take that chance.

Webster 7: One of the few that had a decent game

Kalas 6: He got Garner rattled by roughing him up and looked comfortable to me until he got clobbered by Watkins

Kelly 5: Poor all round game. He needs to work on his crossing as it will hold him back

Eliasson 7: Our only player actually willing to tackle. He tried to get forward as well, unlucky to be subbed imo

Pack 4: If that was a captains performance then I'm a Dutchman. His saving grace is that he never hides in a game, always shows for the ball

Brownhill 3: Poor, very poor. Nothing game really, added nothing to the team

Paterson 0: Least said, soonest mended. Hid all the time he was on the pitch

Weimann 4: Poor. Didn't have a lot to work with to be fair but did nothing of note and didn't really trouble their defenders

Diedhiou 4: His finishing is mostly erratic and his control hit or miss. I Expected a lot more from him tonight and got **** all

O'Dowda 5: Ran around a lot

Watkins 4: Didn't affect the game other than giving Kalas what looks like a broken jaw

Baker 6: Took over where Kalas left off

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

One poor performance and suddenly Brownhill is no good and the poor Weimann tonight is the ‘real’ Weimann.

Dont bother watching football if you cant see they are very good players who had a bad game

Five good games and Weimann became good? Derby told us he didn't have a huge amount of quality. We'll see what happens over the season.

Maenpaa 6

Hunt 4

Kalas 4

Webster 5

Kelly 6

Defence - error prone and lightweight.

Eliasson 6

Pack 4

Brownhill 3

Pato 3

Midfield - dreadful. No bite, no zip. Too many misplaced passes.

Dhiedhiou  6

Weimann 6

Attack. Not sharp enough. Didn't hold the ball up consistently enough.

Watkins 5

COD 6

Baker 4

Subs - COD was the best. Watkins only contribution was to crock Kalas and Baker looked like he hadn't played for us before.

Considering he was really fresh, Pato should have ran that game but unfortunately he let it pass him by again. 

Maenpaa - 5. Can’t lay too much blame with him tonight. 

Hunt - 3. Started his night with a rugby tackle and it never got any better.

Kalas - 4. Worst performance since he joined. 

Webster 4 - Shaky.

Kelly - 5. Still a lot to learn

Eliasson - 5. Bit unlucky to be taken off. 

Pack - 3. Been dreadful lately. Lost the midfield battle and passing woeful. 

Brownhill - 4. Slightly better than Pack. 

Paterson - 3. Nice few touches at start means he doesn’t get a 2. 

Weimann - 5. Worked hard and looked at least likely to cause problems. Poor header though. 

Fammy - 4. Missed our best chance and not quite at it tonight unlike Tuesday.

Subs:

COD - 6 and MOTM. At least offered something going forward and was lively. Should be starting. 

Watkins - 4. Still not sure what he does apart from head our own player. 

Baker 5 - Did ok. 

LJ - 3. I don’t buy his tactics v Sheff Utd. Honestly believe he got it wrong in first half then and luckily sorted us out 2nd. Today was bad the whole game. 

I was just reading how pleased LJ was with the preparation for tonites game, and how he was hoping that by training at The Cliff, as used by the “Busby Babes” and Man U's treble winners of ‘99 it would inspire his players, and so the squad would be in perfect condition for the encounter!  Well that went well then? Maybe next time they could try training on Weston Super “Feckin” Mare beach and get galvanized by the Donkeys?

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Five good games and Weimann became good? Derby told us he didn't have a huge amount of quality. We'll see what happens over the season.

Quite; Weimann's movement is very good and Brownhill is a really good midfield player but tonight he looked shot.

How anybody thinks these are suddenly poor players is beyond me.

Perhaps they should stick to watching Man Utd or Chelsea on the TV.

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Maenpaa - 5. Can’t lay too much blame with him tonight. 

Hunt - 3. Started his night with a rugby tackle and it never got any better.

Kalas - 4. Worst performance since he joined. 

Webster 4 - Shaky.

Kelly - 5. Still a lot to learn

Eliasson - 5. Bit unlucky to be taken off. 

Pack - 3. Been dreadful lately. Lost the midfield battle and passing woeful. 

Brownhill - 4. Slightly better than Pack. 

Paterson - 3. Nice few touches at start means he doesn’t get a 2. 

Weimann - 5. Worked hard and looked at least likely to cause problems. Poor header though. 

Fammy - 4. Missed our best chance and not quite at it tonight unlike Tuesday.

Subs:

COD - 6 and MOTM. At least offered something going forward and was lively. Should be starting. 

Watkins - 4. Still not sure what he does apart from head our own player. 

Baker 5 - Did ok. 

LJ - 3. I don’t buy his tactics v Sheff Utd. Honestly believe he got it wrong in first half then and luckily sorted us out 2nd. Today was bad the whole game. 

Weimann should of at least got a shot off when clean through! Score that and its a different game.

I had the embarrassment of watching that utter utter utter utter disgraceful performance with some neutrals. Who saw it like it was with no prompting. 

"City were crap, Patterson did nothing and was like playing a man light first half. You couldn't shoot pass and tackle. City did not win a 50-50 all evening and only tried to  pass when in trouble, always loosing the ball.

There we are the verdict on tonight from people unattached watching. Who will argue they were wrong...NOT LJ, that is a fact

EVERY ONE OF THEM WAS ZERO! Even LJ could not believe it!

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Come on then, let's have em:

Maenpaa 6: Didn't have much to do and did nothing wrong

Hunt 4: All over the shop, poor control on many occasions.

Webster 6: Didn't do much wrong

Kalas 5: Worst game I've seen from him, spent the wrong time trying to a Baker hard man impression

Kelly 5: Did not affect the game going forward, which is a key requirement of our full backs.

Defensive average 5

Eliasson 5: Not given enough of the ball, a few runs followed by fouls not given and some decent corners. He should have stayed on.

Pack 3: He was useless, his only role in an attacking sense is spread the ball around. Pass completion must have been about 50%.

Brownhill 4: Totally underwhelmed by him again. Looks like a good box to box midfielder on paper but didn't get involved and lumped it when he did. Must do better Josh.

Paterson 3: Don't want to jump on the bandwagon but he was awful. One decent run in first 5 mins followed by a through ball to Diedhiou, great work. Spent the rest of the game watching the ball bounce off him in any direction.

Midfield average 4 this was where the game was lost.

Weimann 4: Marked down due to missing easy chances. Clean through no shot, free header 8 yards out closer to corner flag.

Diedhiou 5: Put himself about a bit, should have scored at the end.

Strikers average 5.

Webster a 7, but everyone else spot on.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Webster a 7, but everyone else spot on.

Do you know, i'm with you. i thought Webster was good. Just wish he'd passed to Weimann near the end.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Surprised by criticism of Diedhiou, I thought he played well.

Me too. it was the midfield tonight that lacked it

Archived