IGNORED

Excellent Post Match Interview

Cardy

On 22/09/2018 at 14:07, Robbored said:

Cook is a scouser and said post match that a draw would have been a fair result.

Thanks for getting back to me. I watched all but the last 5 minutes, of what LJ described as quite possibly the worst performance he can recall under his management.  We are just being patronised by Cook, I read over the weekend that the venerable Terry Cooper had said, that the thing he hated most was being praised by the opposition management after a defeat. Cook is damning us with faint praise......which is so easy to do when you have just won. He's just another Northern Git?

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Logistically it’s a nightmare and have you ever travelled on long coach journeys?

Bristol to Brum is not that arduous but back to Bristol, followed by a days training then back on the road for several hours upto Manchester.......an overnight stay, warm up training before the  game......

It made perfect sense to plan it as they did.

Have I ever travelled on long coach journey, spend most of my time travelling around to watch City and going to concerts by coach.

One of the longest I’ve done was getting back from the Sunderland away match on a Megabus, 4 hours sleep ( never, ever do I sleep on the coach as I just can’t) and then straight on a National Express coach to London, full day of exploring before going to watch us play Fulham in the evening, made our own way back by tube then coach. Got back to Bristol 2.30am and walked the 2.5 miles home, so bed around 4am and back up again to face the day at 6am. 

Also did returning from Newcastle by coach, few more hours sleep this time then jumped on a CATS coach to Villa away for the evening.

So yes, I have done plenty of coach travel including travelling to places like London, Birmingham, Swansea,going to a concert, staying up all night and catching the first coach home and again walking home.

I do it because I can, whilst I can. And I’m no spring chicken either. The players tired from travelling, give me a break! 

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have stayed up there, but as I said either way wasn’t too strenuous and the travel arrangements are not an excuse.

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I watched all but the last 5 minutes, of what LJ described as quite possibly the worst performance he can recall under his management.  We are just being patronised by Cook, I read over the weekend that the venerable Terry Cooper had said, that the thing he hated most was being praised by the opposition management after a defeat. Cook is damning us with faint praise......which is so easy to do when you have just won. He's just another Northern Git?

True. What sounds better to his fans, which of course he is aiming to please? 

‘We absolutely battered a fantastic Bristol City side who have millions of pounds worth of talent and are a very hardworking decent side who play excellent football. We were better than them and it was because of all our hard work and very pleasing’

or/

‘We won, but to be fair Bristol City were so lightweight I could have had my U16 players out there. They weren’t up for the fight and looked tired and seemed to have no game plan when pushed. An easy game for us and my players are fresh for the next game’

* I know he didn’t say either, but I get your point. 

On 21/09/2018 at 23:32, hollydog said:

LJ's reaction tells me that some of his specific instructions were ignored. I wonder who his ire was directed at? 

My guess is Ellison/Pato  "not getting in behind when we had the chance"

And Fram "not following basic instruction" (shotting when a side pass to Weimman would have left him inside the box with the full goal to aim at)

8 hours ago, RedM said:

Have I ever travelled on long coach journey, spend most of my time travelling around to watch City and going to concerts by coach.

One of the longest I’ve done was getting back from the Sunderland away match on a Megabus, 4 hours sleep ( never, ever do I sleep on the coach as I just can’t) and then straight on a National Express coach to London, full day of exploring before going to watch us play Fulham in the evening, made our own way back by tube then coach. Got back to Bristol 2.30am and walked the 2.5 miles home, so bed around 4am and back up again to face the day at 6am. 

Also did returning from Newcastle by coach, few more hours sleep this time then jumped on a CATS coach to Villa away for the evening.

So yes, I have done plenty of coach travel including travelling to places like London, Birmingham, Swansea,going to a concert, staying up all night and catching the first coach home and again walking home.

I do it because I can, whilst I can. And I’m no spring chicken either. The players tired from travelling, give me a break! 

I’m not saying they shouldn’t have stayed up there, but as I said either way wasn’t too strenuous and the travel arrangements are not an excuse.

Have I been dying my hair ginger for no reason?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wigan Skipper Sam Morsby asked on radio just now , about  the game Friday night

It was the third game in 6 days for both sides and it was , who wanted it more ....it was about second balls ...and 50 / 50 challenges ....................And it was us ‘

Says it all really .....

He reads OTIB, obviously.

Archived