IGNORED

Pack....deserving his own thread

Lee0

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

image.png.230ecd33f3ade87b6a02fc78717c73e8.png

The above is a passing map for Marlon Pack.

I make no claim to state he is Bristol City best passer of a football, but he clearly does not just pass the ball forward 6 inches and 8 yards sideways as you claim. He plays forward the majority of the time and the player receives, retains, releases possession and seeks to repeat that action. Its a primary role of a holding midfield player which in general he does adeptly. 

:laugh: Are we talking about MP or quantum physics?

W T F???

12 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

That's red dots and green lines..... I appreciate that you might know what it shows but I've no idea

Its a passing map. Marlon Packs. Each green line indicates successful (88% in this case) passes. Red unsuccessful. Yellow key pass. 

If you want I can even tell how long a pass was and which minute Marlon made the pass.  

And I can tell you when you are making things up (by using facts) like you are in this thread.

1 minute ago, Cowshed said:

Its a passing map. Marlon Packs. Each green line indicates successful (88% in this case) passes. Red unsuccessful. Yellow key pass. 

If you want I can even tell how long a pass was and which minute Marlon made the pass.  

And I can tell you when you are making things up by using facts like you are in this thread.

From which game ? In what area of the field, which way is forward ?

Does it include passes that put a team mate in a difficult situation ?

Because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean it's made up,. It means that you are part of a group that for some unknown reason don't/won't see where we have a real problem ..... that's fine. I've tried to educate you. 

You're welcone.

1 minute ago, Lee0 said:

From which game ? In what area of the field, which way is forward ?

Does it include passes that put a team mate in a difficult situation ?

Because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean it's made up,. It means that you are part of a group that for some unknown reason don't/won't see where we have a real problem ..... that's fine. I've tried to educate you. 

You're welcone.

You have on this thread admitted that you are exaggerating. That is bullshitting not educating.

Here is a free site to use -  http://www.squawka.com/en/news/

You can use it to back up your pearls of wisdom like Marlon Pack just passes the ball forward 6 inches and 8 yards sideways.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You have on this thread admitted that you are exaggerating. That is bullshitting not educating.

Here is a free site to use -  http://www.squawka.com/en/news/

You can use it to back up your pearls of wisdom like Marlon Pack just passes the ball forward 6 inches and 8 yards sideways.

Alright mate, is the diagram to scale ?

You've pulled in a diagram that shows nothing and you can't even explain what it's showing, well done, I'll look at it and guess that you're a fountain of knowledge that knows how to copy and paste.

53 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

image.png.230ecd33f3ade87b6a02fc78717c73e8.png

The above is a passing map for Marlon Pack.

I make no claim to state he is Bristol City's best passer of a football, but he clearly does not just pass the ball forward 6 inches and 8 yards sideways as you claim. He plays forward the majority of the time and the player receives, retains, releases possession and seeks to repeat that action. Its a primary role of a holding midfield player which in general he does adeptly. 

You let me down that it took you that long to produce it ?

41 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

And I can tell you when you are making things up (by using facts) like you are in this thread.

Don’t let on you’ve got a colour etchasketch!!! ?

17 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

Alright mate, is the diagram to scale ?

You've pulled in a diagram that shows nothing and you can't even explain what it's showing, well done, I'll look at it and guess that you're a fountain of knowledge that knows how to copy and paste.

You’be not read much of Cowshed have you?  He’s the one who disproves our imagination.  He’s bloody annoying at times....but he’s difficult to argue with, when he presents facts and stats. ?

Hes a real qualified coach I believe.

Its a bit like picking a fight with the weedy kid, and find out someone who jokingly says they have a black belt, really has a black belt!!

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You let me down that it took you that long to produce it ?

Don’t let on you’ve got a colour etchasketch!!! ?

You’be not read much of Cowshed have you?  He’s the one who disproves our imagination.  He’s bloody annoying at times....but he’s difficult to argue with, when he presents facts and stats. ?

Disproved ? How so ?

Hes a real qualified coach I believe.

Yep, me too, diagrams aren't his thing I guess.....being a qualified coach doesn't make him (or me) right.

Its a bit like picking a fight with the weedy kid, and find out someone who jokingly says they have a black belt, really has a black belt!!

The belts not even keeping his trousers up.

1 hour ago, Trueredsupporte said:

@Lee0 you do not have to be a Pack fan or have to use stats and diagrams to see that your point about Packs passing being six inches forward  is rubbish. If he is passing forward most of the time the team is going forwards as well. why don't you prove your points??

Well, I could make a diagram I suppose !

I've already said 6 inches was a bit of an exaggeration, but my point about his passing and slowing play down still stands, it's poor, the stats from others,  20% giving it away........when you also add in passing to team mates behind them it looks even worse,  those passes may be forward but if you're turning our player back towards our own goal it's still negative and if you're doing that to a full back and he's closed down quickly it's even worse.

17 hours ago, Lee0 said:

Your love of MP is clearly beaten into 2nd place by your dislike of WEELEE

My love of Pack? I'll show your comment to those sat near me in The Dolman, you'll easily spot us as gaps will appear whilst they roll around the floor laughing.

6 hours ago, Lee0 said:

Well, I could make a diagram I suppose !

I've already said 6 inches was a bit of an exaggeration, but my point about his passing and slowing play down still stands, it's poor, the stats from others,  20% giving it away........when you also add in passing to team mates behind them it looks even worse,  those passes may be forward but if you're turning our player back towards our own goal it's still negative and if you're doing that to a full back and he's closed down quickly it's even worse.

if Marlon Pack has a passing accuracy of 80% why is that so bad?  what do you think it should be? your points don't stand at all if you made them up.

5 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

if Marlon Pack has a passing accuracy of 80% why is that so bad?  what do you think it should be? your points don't stand at all if you made them up.

I don't think it's very good, especially when so many of the passes are simple and under little pressure most of the time.

My points are my opinion, nothing more. They stand up, I'm sorry you don't like them.

1 hour ago, Lee0 said:

I don't think it's very good, especially when so many of the passes are simple and under little pressure most of the time.

My points are my opinion, nothing more. They stand up, I'm sorry you don't like them.

You say Pack isn’t even the best passer in the side Lee

Who do you believe is ?

9 hours ago, Lee0 said:

Had a look at that site its says Marlon Packs passing accuracy is 80%. again why is that so bad and what do you think it should be?? is that low for a championship player or high??

Packs passing is generally fairly good but I think there has been occasions when Pack's passing has been loose (1st half Blackburn, Wigan) where he seems to have a big lack of concertration giving it away in dangerous area's and then he has a big problem because speed to win the ball back he has not, infact it looks like he is running in treacle! 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:
53 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Had a look at that site its says Marlon Packs passing accuracy is 80%. again why is that so bad and what do you think it should be?? is that low for a championship player or high??

If it was 80% and those passes were attacking, putting team mates on the front foot that'd be great, but it's not is it ?

I don't need to look at a site, I'm not critical of every MP performance, I can see when he's had an ok game, unfortunately games where I think he's had a good game are few and far between, his passing this season has been shocking, not just thepasses that go out of play but the position he puts team mates in once he's completed a pass (which would show as a successful pass on your site) I'm guessing that you do watch games yourself ? Why do you need to look at a diagram to form an opinion ? You can make stats say whatever you want.

5 minutes ago, j1974 said:

Packs passing is generally fairly good but I think there has been occasions when Pack's passing has been loose (1st half Blackburn, Wigan) where he seems to have a big lack of concertration giving it away in dangerous area's and then he has a big problem because speed to win the ball back he has not, infact it looks like he is running in treacle! 

I don't agree that it's fairly good, a pass finding a team mate is not necessarily a good pass if it's played behind him or it's a 51/49 pass.

1 minute ago, Lee0 said:

I don't agree that it's fairly good, a pass finding a team mate is not necessarily a good pass if it's played behind him or it's a 51/49 pass.

Do I think Pack as a midfielder is our answer if we wish to be challenging in the top 6? No as his speed over the ground restricts him/us attacking and defensive but his forward passing has definitely improved over the last couple of years. 

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You say Pack isn’t even the best passer in the side Lee

Who do you believe is ?

Here to help … Or have a go (unlike some).

Statically if last seasons (they are more reliable) metrics are used Korey Smith had an accuracy of 81% a tiny % above Pack. If length of pass x difficulty and direction is used to assess quality … It is Marlon Pack.

Squad average was 74% .. Marlon Pack was higher. 

If we use our eyes … Mine say its Marlon Pack. 

Archived