IGNORED

Biggest disappointment of yesterday

Bs4Red

For me yesterday was a horrendous performance, embarrassing. 

However for me one thing stood out yesterday for me, now I love City and like many of us have dreamt about playing for them. So when I see players bottling challenges it just makes me so angry. 

The two worst culprits also happened imo to be the worst players on the pitch in Hunt and Paterson who were both appalling. 

I just hope this isn’t something we see again as most of us would give everything for this club and those two couldn’t last night. 

11 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

However for me one thing stood out yesterday for me, now I love City and like many of us have dreamt about playing for them. So when I see players bottling challenges it just makes me so angry. 

The two worst culprits also happened imo to be the worst players on the pitch in Hunt and Paterson who were both appalling. 

I just hope this isn’t something we see again as most of us would give everything for this club and those two couldn’t last night. 

It's an absolute given that the one thing fans won't accept is lack of effort yet it's astonishing how often players fail to get the point and give every impression they cannot be bothered.

7 minutes ago, mozo said:

Tactically it seemed like we can't handle being pressed. If you want success at this level you need to adapt to that type of challenge

This is spot on and has been the case for the last 2 years. Cardiff away 2016, Leeds home last year, Bolton away, last night.. many many more

1 hour ago, Bs4Red said:

Well said

Embarrassing

Poor performances frustrating

Poor Form. frustrating

Outplayed.  happens

Lack of desire or balls.       UNACCEPTABLE and always will be 

I think it’s unfair to say the players don’t care,I’m sure that if any of their teammates thought that, they would give them pelters all week,I just don’t think some have the ability at this level,and get frustrated,causing them to take the easy option,totally agree we need a Gerrard,Ronaldo type of player who can get the team going when things not going our way.

Regarding Paterson I wonder if a spell on loan somewhere where he would get games would help him because he is a good player just lost his way a bit.

Anyway just like us to stuff the Villa on Friday,I hope.

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

You talking about City or the Prime Minister?

6 minutes ago, jayjay said:

If a man from Mars had dropped in and witnessed last night's game, he would have thought that one team was scrapping against relegation and the other one, City, was already resigned to relegation.

Mods??

FFS.

Are there no Martian women? Why is it always referenced to a man??

Can you remove this - and any further - sexist crap??

Thank you, sisters.

2 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

100% - never been so angry after a game. Poor passing and weak tackling - second best in every 50/50 - get in there - it is a basic requirement to put your heart and body on the line every game.

45 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

3 games in 6 days.

Is this being forgotten? If they were able to steam past all the teams we played after a 4 game win streak then we would be walking the league.

Not going to happen.

Have a bit of a reality check FFS ??

think Wigan also played 3 games in 6 days, so your point is?

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

3 games in 6 days.

Is this being forgotten? If they were able to steam past all the teams we played after a 4 game win streak then we would be walking the league.

Not going to happen.

You seem to be forgetting, In Hindsight...........Wigan also played 3 games in Six days?  They seemed fit and up for the challenge, unlike our cosseted bunch of posers?

Biggest problem for me was that Wigan consistently won the midfield and up front challenges. Not talking 50/50’s more challenges which seemed to be 60/40 in our favour. That to me is totally unacceptable. If this is what 4 nights away in 4/5 star hotels brings they’d be better off doing what the fans do traveling on the day of the match and all that goes with it , rather than being waited on and mollycoddled. 

2 games,2 defeats. That’s as bad as 2 matches can be, just as well save the money. Probably upwards of £10,000 with 25 staff and players. 

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

3 games in 6 days.

Not going to happen.

It's not only ' not forgotten ' but in my estimation over used as a ready made excuse.

Ok it's not ideal but it's like that . We had to get on with it and shut up about it . Didn't Wigan just play 3 games in 6 days as well and started with their substitute forward ? 

It's breathtaking that with all the resources at LJ's service that we can put out a team that's ' tired , heavy legged or not interested '. 

The poor lambs are wrapped up in cotton wool and have the best of everything. 

The coach got it wrong in my opinion. We have a squad so should adapt to these conditions. If three high pressing high energy matches in six days are not possible do something else.

What last night showed me was that lessons haven't been learnt. 

Disappointing.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's not only ' not forgotten ' but in my estimation over used as a ready made excuse.

Ok it's not ideal but it's like that . We had to get on with it and shut up about it . Didn't Wigan just play 3 games in 6 days as well and started with their substitute forward ? 

It's breathtaking that with all the resources at LJ's service that we can put out a team that's ' tired , heavy legged or not interested '. 

The poor lambs are wrapped up in cotton wool and have the best of everything. 

The coach got it wrong in my opinion. We have a squad so should adapt to these conditions. If three high pressing high energy matches in six days are not possible do something else.

What last night showed me was that lessons haven't been learnt. 

Disappointing.

Exactly it's only the start of the season and no long cup runs if they are not fit now after a few games theyl never be no excuses poor display

"Football team in poor performance shock" - They lost, they were poor, we're in the top 6 (at the moment at least) - a bit of perspective, we've had a reasonable start, we're going to lose games (Wigan are full of confidence, City probably aren't after conceding 4) however we're going to have highs and lows all season, best buckle up and get ready for the ride.

Personally, a season watch City is like a visit to Alton towers.... Full of excitement, disappointment when you get on the tea cup ride and then excitement again when you get on a roll (ercoaster) again.

COYR, I loves a ride mind!

Archived