IGNORED

Kalas Injury

RedRobin13

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Watkins was running in the direction of his own goal - Where was he intending to head it ?

Agreed! It was Kallas ball for that exact reason. It is what it is though.

Regarding time out healing it’s difficult to say but surgeon etc would give an estimate usually when any residual swelling dissipates. Known two team mates who broke jaws in football. One out for 5 weeks the other 6 months but in the latter case it was a particularly nasty break involving tooth loss etc

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Seriously does anyone think Watkins was too blame looked totally innocuous to me...really harsh to have a dig at Watkins, he is trying his best may not be everyone’s cup of tea but looks like an honest pro to me

I personally take humbrage at being labelled, along with a few others, at being generally anti Watkins just because i blame him for a single incident. 

That ball was Kalas's all day long; as Bob said Watkins was going for a ball that needed clearing upfield not the opposite; why would he give such energy to heading it backwards especially when he knew the field of play was crowded? He did it because it was a clear error of judgement, we all do it, he did, he's for sure sorry, we move on.

The time out will depend on where the mandible is fractured and if teeth are involved or not. In the best case scenario, with the simplest fractures, there is no surgery and they are usually fully healed within 4-6 weeks. For more complex fractures, it can be longer but it depends what wiring and dental work is needed, if any.

Let's just hope it's all straightforward and Kalas is ready to come back by the beginning of November. The only good news is that he can still keep fit in the meantime, unlike the usual injuries players get.

16 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Looking at it again definitely Watkins' fault; could so have been avoided had he used his brain a tad more.

This is just another stick to beat him with.

Both of their faults.

How many times do you see our players caught from behind by a man he does not know is there? How many times don’t we play simple passes to a man in space?

It’s called communication - none of our team make a noise - you effing shout loud to your teammates when a man is on, you scream for a pass when you are in space and you shout confident and loud when it is your ball - this avoids collisions with team mates !!

Seen a post on the fan FB page from someone up the BRI that saw him in there and his Mrs. Confirmed broken jaw and he's in the BRI for the foreseeable as he needs an op for a plate and screws. 6 to 12 weeks recovery. His Mrs said he is absolutely gutted.

Edit: Might have been Southmead actually but either way, one of them.

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Seen a post on the fan FB page from someone up the BRI that saw him in there and his Mrs. Confirmed broken jaw and he's in the BRI for the foreseeable as he needs an op for a plate and screws. 6 to 12 weeks recovery. His Mrs said he is absolutely gutted.

Another we may not see back until after Christmas then, along with Adelukan and, of course, Korey.

14 hours ago, David Brent said:

How severely? Baker is perfectly good enough. Webster and Baker together is good enough.

Unfortunate injury but not “very bad news”

You have more faith in Baker's consistency and temperament than I do.

To me Kalas' injury is a severe blow.

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I personally take humbrage at being labelled, along with a few others, at being generally anti Watkins just because i blame him for a single incident. 

That ball was Kalas's all day long; as Bob said Watkins was going for a ball that needed clearing upfield not the opposite; why would he give such energy to heading it backwards especially when he knew the field of play was crowded? He did it because it was a clear error of judgement, we all do it, he did, he's for sure sorry, we move on.

I'm out of "likes" - but agree with this,

Had Lloyd Kelly, or any other more popular City player been the one involved in this accidental clash, I'm wondering how many people would be saying the same sorts of things.

He came on as a sub in a pretty dire game, was fired up, wanted to get involved and it was an accident.

Give the guy a break ffs as no one will be benefiting from any further bad feelings resulting from this.

I can only imagine that the guy is absolutely gutted that this has happened to a team mate.

These things happen, get behind Nathan if he comes in , and let's start getting fully behind ALL the lads on the pitch.

COYR

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

def BRI - apparently really charming guy, staff like him and his misses.

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Surely they’d send him private not NHS?

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Had Lloyd Kelly, or any other more popular City player been the one involved in this accidental clash, I'm wondering how many people would be saying the same sorts of things.

He came on as a sub in a pretty dire game, was fired up, wanted to get involved and it was an accident.

Give the guy a break ffs as no one will be benefiting from any further bad feelings resulting from this.

I can only imagine that the guy is absolutely gutted that this has happened to a team mate.

These things happen, get behind Nathan if he comes in , and let's start getting fully behind ALL the lads on the pitch.

COYR

Let's hope Baker comes in and plays at the top of his game and really grabs his chance.

Archived