IGNORED

Kalas Injury

RedRobin13

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not for stuff like this and the immediate assessment required.

I`m a bit surprised he didn`t go to a hospital up there rather than travel back to Bristol before being assessed though - I suppose he might have but knowing what A&E is like on a Friday night he`d probably still be waiting on a trolley in a corridor now if he had.

Would our and Wigan`s medical staff be able to deal with something like this at the ground - stabilise it so he`s OK to travel?

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m a bit surprised he didn`t go to a hospital up there rather than travel back to Bristol before being assessed though - I suppose he might have but knowing what A&E is like on a Friday night he`d probably still be waiting on a trolley in a corridor now if he had.

Would our and Wigan`s medical staff be able to deal with something like this at the ground - stabilise it so he`s OK to travel?

Yeah, good shout, forgot it happened at Wigan....doh!

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think from what I can gather, it wasn't thought to be broken when first examined. So was allowed to travel home. Expect he got up Saturday morning and realised the pain wasn't easing and the club suggested he got an x-ray.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

A Chelsea fan network twitter account said he was kept in hospital overnight up North....so many different stories, who knows the truth?! 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A Chelsea fan network twitter account said he was kept in hospital overnight up North....so many different stories, who knows the truth?! 

Our OS says treatment in Wigan then scans in Bristol yesterday, kept in overnight and operated on today.

Get well soon Tomas - will we see him in one of those weird masks?

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Out for 10 weeks...

OS says six

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Our OS says treatment in Wigan then scans in Bristol yesterday, kept in overnight and operated on today.

Get well soon Tomas - will we see him in one of those weird masks?

OS says six

Real shame to lose Kalas after such an impressive start, but it does demonstrate how we’ve improved our squad depth when there’s mild concern about Baker - previously a mainstay of our defence - coming back in.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Real shame to lose Kalas after such an impressive start, but it does demonstrate how we’ve improved our squad depth when there’s mild concern about Baker - previously a mainstay of our defence - coming back in.

I am concerned about Baker,  but mainly about his chances of remaining  injury free rather than his ability to do a job. Still would prefer Kalas there though, a freak injury that hits us once again for weeks or months rather than the odd niggle which is healed in days. 

This is shit news and we are cursed with injuries, but... we do have better squad depth than last season. Baker is solid cover, or we could move Kelly over and give DaSilva a run at LB. Plus Wright is almost fit. Let’s get behind whoever comes in and get some more points on the board. COYR

No one can ever say we have had it lucky with injuries these last few seasons. I know, every club points to them, but this was a canny signing if you ask any football league follower. Real pig sick that we will be without him, but let's not forget that it wasn't too long ago we were all excited about getting Nathan Baker. Good luck, Nathan go on and prove a point to your old club on Friday my son (he's not my son btw  :laugh: although I do tend to stick up for the guy a lot. He's a good player and I trust him big time.

Carpe diem, Nathan Baker

8 hours ago, Red DNA said:

As it’s ‘just’ a facial injury hopefully Tomas should be able to maintain his general fitness levels so he’ll be ready to start as soon as the jaw heals?

I’m certainly no expert but I don’t think it’s that simple, surely your head moves and jolts even when you are jogging. Eating might not be that simple either so perhaps lose a lot of body weight and muscle. Yes I know he can have nutrition shakes but it’s not the same.

Also he won’t be able to take part in any contact sport of any kind, match fitness and sharpness will be lost. Best just give him time to heal, he maybe back in the care of Chelsea anyway, and welcome him back when he does return.

10 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Of those 6 weeks he's out for, remember that 2 will be when there's an international break and it doesn't look quite as bad.

It is still 8 games he possibly misses. That would mean he is fit on the 10th of November. 

Villa, Rotherham, SW, Brentford, Hull, Stoke, Reading and Preston. The good news is a lot of winnable games there even without Kalas. Baker is a top CB when fit and in the right mindset. Hopefully he can be that in most of those. That is the main problem with Baker though. Just don’t know if he will show up at his best. Kalas will be missed for sure

6 hours ago, Super said:

Can't believe people on here slating Watkins. Bizarre.

Well. 

My initial impressions was I found it odd that he was running towards our own goal well into our own half to head the ball. Also found it odd that he didn’t see a red shirt on a six foot plus team mate doing his defensive job and trying to head the ball in the right direction away from our goal. 

Found it mightly bizarre he didn’t check to see the bloke he just laid out with what looked a serious injury was ok. 

Don't see any grounds to slate him at all. No, none whatsoever. 

Just one, though, of many incidents - like constantly chickening out of 50:50 tackles - where the whole lot of them should be slated possibly barring the ultra unfortunate Kalas and one or two others.

Anyhow, woeful team effort which will soon be forgotten if we smash Villa. I’m sure the likes of Watkins will be straining at the bit to put things right. Every confidence, after that abject performance, that they will. A hat-trick from Marley will be just fine. 

Archived