IGNORED

Weimann. No half measures.

Olé

Fair play to the guy. Missed a good 1st half chance that I thought he should have buried, but was let down twice by team mates when standing in a great position to score. Webster late on didn't see him, can't quite remember the one in the 1st half, but there was one too. Keeps going, and looked totally gutted at the end. Fair play to Andi W. A whole-hearted player. Good luck Friday night.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fair play to the guy. Missed a good 1st half chance that I thought he should have buried, but was let down twice by team mates when standing in a great position to score. Webster late on didn't see him, can't quite remember the one in the 1st half, but there was one too. Keeps going, and looked totally gutted at the end. Fair play, Andi W. Good luck Friday night.

1st half was Famara didn’t see him on other side of area completely unmarked cos he didn’t effing look up !!

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Nothing more then a PR stunt . A majority of the time they are told to post things like this 

I have no idea whether it is or not but perhaps we should take it at face value and not be so cynical?

If the great John Atyeo was man enough to admit a poor game to fans, why should AW not be genuine?

53 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Nothing more then a PR stunt . A majority of the time they are told to post things like this 

Nope. I've followed enough City players to know this guy isn't just doing the usual vacuous "WE GO AGAIN" shite, from his runs at the end last night to this comment today he is a leader and an a winner. Zero PR. Plays like he is Bristolian and that is the highest praise I can give.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I have no idea whether it is or not but perhaps we should take it at face value and not be so cynical?

If the great John Atyeo was man enough to admit a poor game to fans, why should AW not be genuine?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/23/victor-anichebe-suffers-embarrassing-twitter-howler-following-su/

I would say that when Fam didn't pass to Andi in the first half when he was in a better position, he did immediately apologise to him.  It happens, we all make a mistake, think we can do it or dont see a team mate in a better position.  These things happen very quickly.

Andi Weimann always puts a shift in though, can't fault him on that score.  He is capable of scoring 20 in a season, but we need to get the ball to him in the right positions rather than make him chase around after it.  Playing with Matty seems to free up more space for him than playing with Fam.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would say that when Fam didn't pass to Andi in the first half when he was in a better position, he did immediately apologise to him.  It happens, we all make a mistake, think we can do it or dont see a team mate in a better position.  These things happen very quickly.

Andi Weimann always puts a shift in though, can't fault him on that score.  He is capable of scoring 20 in a season, but we need to get the ball to him in the right positions rather than make him chase around after it.  Playing with Matty seems to free up more space for him than playing with Fam.

It’s funny too, because most of us saw Weimann in those first few games (without Diedhiou, and also without Taylor for large parts) as the perfect (almost perfect?) foil for Diedhiou.  So far that hasn’t been the case.  The evidence so far suggests he is both fine on his own (possibly what I’d do v Villa) and also Taylor is a better partner for him than Diedhiou.

However sometimes you have to work on a partnership, sometimes they click.  In the limited games Djúric played with Tammy, they never looked like they’d form a partnership, wrong runs, too far apart, etc.

I think it was Ian Wright who said Bergkamp just knew where he was gonna run....and was obviously good enough to execute the pass.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The evidence so far suggests he is both fine on his own (possibly what I’d do v Villa) and also Taylor is a better partner for him than Diedhiou.

Diedhiou still getting match fit IMHO.   Have been impressed with Taylor.  If Kala's hadn't been injured I think we'd have seen Taylor on and maybe a different result.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s funny too, because most of us saw Weimann in those first few games (without Diedhiou, and also without Taylor for large parts) as the perfect (almost perfect?) foil for Diedhiou.  So far that hasn’t been the case.  The evidence so far suggests he is both fine on his own (possibly what I’d do v Villa) and also Taylor is a better partner for him than Diedhiou.

However sometimes you have to work on a partnership, sometimes they click.  In the limited games Djúric played with Tammy, they never looked like they’d form a partnership, wrong runs, too far apart, etc.

I think it was Ian Wright who said Bergkamp just knew where he was gonna run....and was obviously good enough to execute the pass.

Not doubting your superior knowledge but I would still play the other ten players just to be safe.

Archived