IGNORED

Time for Liam

Dolman Block B

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Liam Walsh

Lee Johnson keeps on how good this lad is, brilliant on a training session and so on

Brownhill and Patterson not been at the races lately so give this chap a go. 

He must be so frustrated at being on the bench for all the games this season. 

He’s got to play him at some point.

28 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Liam Walsh

Lee Johnson keeps on how good this lad is, brilliant on a training session and so on

For Marlon perhaps ?

From what I've seen ( all be it he's not had much of a chance) I don't see where he would improve us. Hopefully I'm wrong but considering how shit we were second half of last season and how apparently 3 games in 6 days is such a hard thing for modern day players these days why hasn't he been given more of a chance? 

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

From what I've seen ( all be it he's not had much of a chance) I don't see where he would improve us. Hopefully I'm wrong but considering how shit we were second half of last season and how apparently 3 games in 6 days is such a hard thing for modern day players these days why hasn't he been given more of a chance? 

Brownhill has been poor but no doubt he is a great player, maybe tired.

Patterson needs to go in Jan, awful for a long time now.

Watkins really aint the whole ticket and the reason Liam Walsh desreves a chance 

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Brownhill has been poor but no doubt he is a great player, maybe tired.

Patterson needs to go in Jan, awful for a long time now.

Watkins really aint the whole ticket and the reason Liam Walsh desreves a chance 

Brownhill has been one of our better players up til West Brom imho.

Paterson has a part to play, but the electric start by Weimann, coupled with Taylor doing well as a partner, and Diedhiou’s return, mean he is way down the pecking order for a start (unless he trains well - tongue in cheek).  He needs to knuckle down and if he’s gonna play wide he needs to provide those energetic performances we saw end of 16/17 (when he replaced Tomlin) that he took into 17/18, before being switched up top with Reid.  If not that 3 year contract is gonna be a millstone round LJ’s neck.  Of course he may go away and sulk, in which case, we’ll need to move him on....not sure how easy that will be though.

Watkins ain’t gonna pull up trees aesthetically, but don’t knock how effective he might be in getting valuable goals, as we’ve seen in limited matches.  Might not be an auto-starter, but valuable in the 18.  He is one who will put his foot in, and give his LB a physical afternoon.  When we look at goals return from the non-forwards at Xmas, don’t be surprised if he’s leading the way.

29 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

What do you mean by that? He really aint had a chance ?

He’s started games and come on in games and yet to impress me at all personally

Lets hope there’s better to come

But what exactly  has he done to justify a place when he’s had his chances to date ?

and Noel to finally bury the hatchet and record together again?

Probably more chance of this right now than young Mr. Walsh getting a run in the side.

Shame, because I've heard lots of good things about him and he does look a tidy little player on the ball, with a shot on him.

Goals from midfield is always something we could do better at too.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He’s started games and come on in games and yet to impress me at all personally

Lets hope there’s better to come

But what exactly  has he done to justify a place when he’s had his chances to date ?

That’s fine Bob, but at some point LJ is gonna have to rest Marlon or Josh or both.  It will tell us what he really thinks of Walsh when that happens.  If he doesn’t pick him then, after 8/9 months with us, then you’ve got to question why he was bought, and for a fee of £1m.  If he thinks he needs to bed him in, in a midfield 3, he should’ve thought more about that in the way we recruited.

Should he come in against Villa, it’s a tough one to come in against....sink or swim, springs to mind.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Liam Walsh

Brownhill has been one of players of the season for me, Paterson not at the races all season, I am intrigued to see Walsh but not while Marlon and Josh are fit in a 4-4-2.. 

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s fine Bob, but at some point LJ is gonna have to rest Marlon or Josh or both.  It will tell us what he really thinks of Walsh when that happens.  If he doesn’t pick him then, after 8/9 months with us, then you’ve got to question why he was bought, and for a fee of £1m.  If he thinks he needs to bed him in, in a midfield 3, he should’ve thought more about that in the way we recruited.

Should he come in against Villa, it’s a tough one to come in against....sink or swim, springs to mind.

Accept that

Hes either spinning crap about training or Walsh has stood out in training pitch in which case I agree he should be given a chance if Josh or MP need a rest 

(Don’t think Villa s the game to Chuck him in Unless you and others have suggested he comes into a five man midfield

Cant see him coping in a two with his physicality

He clearly has some pedifgree and I was really enthused about his signing but been really dissapointed in what I’ve seen to date and haven’t taken to him at all atm

* On a side note I can’t understand his obsession with collecting widemen when we don’t really play with fpgreat width and in his philosophy a central midfielder can fill in wide as Josh proved

We should have strengthened our options in the middle before adding to the widemen collection IMHO

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Accept that

Hes either spinning crap about training or Walsh has stood out in training pitch in which case I agree he should be given a chance if Josh or MP need a rest 

(Don’t think Villa s the game to Chuck him in Unless you and others have suggested he comes into a five man midfield

Cant see him coping in a two with his physicality

He clearly has some pedifgree and I was really enthused about his signing but been really dissapointed in what I’ve seen to date and haven’t taken to him at all atm

* On a side note I can’t understand his obsession with collecting widemen when we don’t really play with fpgreat width and in his philosophy a central midfielder can fill in wide as Josh proved

We should have strengthened our options in the middle before adding to the widemen collection IMHO

Especially those who might be able to play wide too to give flexibility.

I mean I get the reservations about him as no one has really seen much of him and because of his stature. That said I think it is pretty sad that he is being written off as not good enough. It has been said about Marlon Pack and Korey Smith before yet we have won games with them in a two. Liam Walsh has a high pedigree and lets not forget Everton fans did not want him to go. He may or may not struggle in a two but truth is I don’t know and I don’t think anyone does. He is part of the squad so if LJ is not going change formation to fit him in then he needs to play him because Pack and Brownhill will need rest

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I mean I get the reservations about him as no one has really seen much of him and because of his stature. That said I think it is pretty sad that he is being written off as not good enough. It has been said about Marlon Pack and Korey Smith before yet we have won games with them in a two. Liam Walsh has a high pedigree and lets not forget Everton fans did not want him to go. He may or may not struggle in a two but truth is I don’t know and I don’t think anyone does. He is part of the squad so if LJ is not going change formation to fit him in then he needs to play him because Pack and Brownhill will need rest

I don’t know who’s ‘written him off’ as ‘not good enough’

I don’t fancy him on what I’ve seen and I personally don’t see him as much of an answer atm

But things can change and I will give him  every chance to win me over ,  as all players, and hope he does

His first game was Man City away! And to be fair to him, he looked really good when he came on. Since then he’s had a chance here and there but not really impressed so far.

I would have brought in another CM/CDM after Korey’s news and sent Liam Walsh out on loan. Think he’s a confidence player so a run of games would have done him good. 

I’m just not sure he’s going to get the chance here in the meantime.

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t know who’s ‘written him off’ as ‘not good enough’

I don’t fancy him on what I’ve seen and I personally don’t see him as much of an answer atm

But things can change and I will give him  every chance to win me over ,  as all players, and hope he does

I was probably over dramatic but there were a couple comments that made me post. I am just not sure where it has come from that he can’t be the answer. You say you don’t fancy him on what you have seen which is fair. On the other side, I fancy his potential as a deep playmaker and he isn’t timid defensively. Truth is I don’t think either of us can be sure unless he gets the minutes. 

Archived