IGNORED

City Stats Dashboard

JEP

Having just got hold of a Tableau license at work, I've been playing around at home trying to learn how it works - and as per usual that comes in the form of Bristol City stats. I've getting the stats and info for our games this season from the BBC Sport page and put them into some spreadsheets before throwing together some visualisations at the link below.

Link to website

At the moment it's pretty basic (I haven't done that much on making it look really snazzy!) and all I've got access to is your standard statistics (possession, shots, shots on target, etc). But I've put in things like the points total from this season and last season; and the respective league positions - something I've noticed a big thread about. The different sections are also linked, so if you click on a game that we've played, the summary stats will appear in the relevant boxes and the players box will update with the players that played in that game. 

Appreciate all comments about it - including what you think would be good to include on the page. Ideally I'd like to develop it to become a one stop shop for all your favourite City related stats (if I can get hold of some more interesting player related stats I'll put them in but I don't have access to that..). But at the moment it's just something I've knocked up as means of learning the software so hopefully it will get better throughout the season as I keep it updated and work out some of the more cool features.

I've changed how it looks for mobile and tablet, so you should get different views depending on which device you use too!

Archived