IGNORED

Rod Stewart at The Gate

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hopefully the next act will appeal to people with the deepest pockets who will drink the bars dry and go large on snacks and other tat the club can rinse them for.

Don't imagine some teeny pop band will see much in the way of beer sales, aside from the put upon parents who have to provide transport.

A very cynical approach, but I like your style! ?  

39 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't imagine some teeny pop band will see much in the way of beer sales, aside from the put upon parents who have to provide transport.

These two concerts will have the self-righteous Southvillians thrusting their Quinoa upwards at the thought of the extra traffic and parking problems this will bring to their tiny village. 

14 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

These two concerts will have the self-righteous Southvillians thrusting their Quinoa upwards at the thought of the extra traffic and parking problems this will bring to their tiny village. 

Still, it's another two dates when you can rinse the travel weary for 20 quid for a go on your driveway.

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I hope you've got your titanium taupe nu-buck handled pitchfork ready…:farmer:

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

**** my boots. Rod Stewart. Take That. What’s it coming to...

Bristol’s true finest - Doreen Doreen or Colonel Kilgore’s

That’s what’s needed.

Paradise Cowboy anyone......

Now these were always great gigs... "other bands don't stand a chance 'cus Colonel Kilgore makes you dance"

I see Rod Stewart is adding Ashton Gate to his tour. I like early Rod, with the Faces and his solo stuff, later stuff is a bit shit. I thought I'd have a look at the ticket prices, nothing for Bristol just yet but....... I found the prices for Aberdeen for a comparison,  best tickets front and centre, £265 other VIP £195. Cheapest I could see were £65. I think that is closer but as it's a case of 'I wouldn't mind seeing him, rather than really wanting to see him I think £130 is a bit step for me and the Mrs.  I'm hoping they might be a little cheaper when they release our prices.

Anyone definitely going?

8 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

£65 as the cheapest? They’ve got to be having a laugh?

Luckily enough, neither Rod Stewart or Take That interest me in the slightest but surely they’ll struggle to sell out (especially for Rod Stewart) at those sort of prices.

Take that will sell out in minutes. Rod maybe less so 

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Pity that website link story said three times that Rod is playing at ASTON Gate.... I despair at lazy modern writers who can’t be bothered to get things correct...

Aston-gate... Wasn't that when that JLS fella got voted off Strictly?

Pity that website link story said three times that Rod is playing at ASTON Gate.... I despair at lazy modern writers who can’t be bothered to get things correct...

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Could you say that again?

Archived