IGNORED

Bristol City kit history

mande70

Hi all, i have been working on creating kits in a style similar to true football colours, so that i could create a book for myself that would have all english and scottish clubs in it. i recently completed bristol city and wondered if some of you fans could look over the kits and let me know what you think? eg was there any kit i missed, was there a missing logo etc.

the book is only for me, so dont be to clinical or pedantic, as long as the kit is reasonably close, then thats good, this is not for financial gain, merely for my own personal use, so it doesnt need to be 100% perfection.

heres an example of the early 80's kits, let me know if you want others posted

bristolc.pngupload photo

15 minutes ago, mande70 said:

Hi all, i have been working on creating kits in a style similar to true football colours, so that i could create a book for myself that would have all english and scottish clubs in it. i recently completed bristol city and wondered if some of you fans could look over the kits and let me know what you think? eg was there any kit i missed, was there a missing logo etc.

the book is only for me, so dont be to clinical or pedantic, as long as the kit is reasonably close, then thats good, this is not for financial gain, merely for my own personal use, so it doesnt need to be 100% perfection.

heres an example of the early 80's kits, let me know if you want others posted

bristolc.pngupload photo

Have you visited this site?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

Hi, ive seen the historicalkits page, problem with that is that it doesnt have a lot of the third and away kits on it. for example you had a green lotto shirt around 1997, similar to the fiorentina home shirt design around that time, but it doesnt appear on a lot of the sites ive seen. i found it by accident. heres the one im talking about,. im sure i have a fairly comprehensive history of all the kits the club wore from 1980 onwards, but i thought id ask club fans to see if theres anything ive missed.

bristol2.png

Fantastic project. Have you ever thought of making a website with them all on?

The Historical kits site is the go to site for many who are interested, but it shows very few away kits.

I find the true colours site slightly inaccurate.

If you can get to do that, then you'd have many people viewing your work.

Tough ask I feel though.

50 minutes ago, mande70 said:

yeh seen that site, all told ive got 78 kits from 1980 to date, so theres not many ive not seen i dont think :laugh:

one question i have though concerns a green TFG shirt from around 2002, did bristol city have a green third kit around that time?

2002 was yellow and green away, third kit was black? I seem to remember that being the year we beat Carlise in Cardiff in the LDV vans trophy final.. I definetely owned a yellow shirt and definetely owned a black shirt but memory is a little hazy as I was like 9 at the time

1 hour ago, mande70 said:

yeh seen that site, all told ive got 78 kits from 1980 to date, so theres not many ive not seen i dont think :laugh:

one question i have though concerns a green TFG shirt from around 2002, did bristol city have a green third kit around that time?

green the year before mate https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2001-02-bristol-city-match-issue-signed-away-l-s-shirt-beadle-9.html

25 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Almost 100% sure that the green one is a training top. I was playing for the fan's team around that time, and we all bought the green top to use as our kit. 

The green one was definitely the away kit that season, for some reason we wore it for every away game that season whether we needed to or not 

1 hour ago, mande70 said:

heres what i have for the 2002 period, as i say im not sure about the green kit, looks more like a training top to me

bristol3.png

Looking for something else and this popped up.   https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2001-02-bristol-city-match-issue-signed-away-l-s-shirt-beadle-9.html

Match worn 2001-2002

bristol-city-01-away-mw-ls.jpg

Mind you I can't remember what kit we wore at Wigan last Friday.

Meant to say excellent work, graphics look great.

16 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

The green one was definitely the away kit that season, for some reason we wore it for every away game that season whether we needed to or not 

I think you may be thinking of the kit shown in the post above (with the black on the shoulders) which I remember us wearing in the second half away at Stoke after we'd attempted to wear our white away kit in the first half. The green kit circled in the earlier post was definitely never* worn in a game.

*Fully expecting somebody to post a photo and prove me wrong now ?

thanks guys, i had assumed it was a training top but made it as a kit just incase.

thx for the comments about the graphics as well, much appreciated. heres some more of the bristol city kits. i have these graphics for all teams who have appeared in the leagues from 1980, and some scottish teams as well, if you want a graphic of any team let me know and ill post it up

brc1.png

brc2.png

1 minute ago, mande70 said:

thanks guys, i had assumed it was a training top but made it as a kit just incase.

thx for the comments about the graphics as well, much appreciated. heres some more of the bristol city kits. i have these graphics for all teams who have appeared in the leagues from 1980, and some scottish teams as well, if you want a graphic of any team let me know and ill post it up

brc1.png

brc2.png

Can you whack one up for Dundee United if you've got it? Can't get on your site for some reason.

Archived