IGNORED

Tammy under pressure .

Major Isewater

This is not how I remember things.

Aston Villa fell to their second defeat of the season on Saturday, and Steve Bruce absolutely must change up the attack after Tammy Abraham’s horror show.

Abraham’s performance was especially concerning, as the ball just wasn’t sticking to the youngster’s feet.

The 20 year-old has scored once since joining on loan from Chelsea, but Bruce simply must switch things up and get both Yannick Bolasie and Anwar El Ghazi involved as every attack seemed to fall apart at the youngster’s feet on Saturday.

Bruce should switch things up when they visit Bristol City on Friday, using the likes of Bolasie and El Ghazi to play off and around the colossal Jonathan Kodjia.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Aston Villa fell to their second defeat of the season on Saturday, and Steve Bruce absolutely must change up the attack after Tammy Abraham’s horror show.

Abraham’s performance was especially concerning, as the ball just wasn’t sticking to the youngster’s feet.

The 20 year-old has scored once since joining on loan from Chelsea, but Bruce simply must switch things up and get both Yannick Bolasie and Anwar El Ghazi involved as every attack seemed to fall apart at the youngster’s feet on Saturday.

Bruce should switch things up when they visit Bristol City on Friday, using the likes of Bolasie and El Ghazi to play off and around the colossal Jonathan Kodjia.

Colossal Jonathan Kodjia? Have they never seen Adebayo Akinfenwa?

10 minutes ago, Judda said:

I always feel sorry for players who seem to go from hero to zero. It's frustrating as hell when games aren't going as you hope and you can't trap a bag of cement... I know they earn silly money but it's no reason to not recognise their frustration. 

I recognise Tammy's frustration and hope it gets worse on Friday.

After that he can bang in as many as he likes .

:yes:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

But did anybody actually read the question in the poll? ?

Should Tammy lose his place?

1. Yes, Drop him 48%.

2. No. Kodjia's even worse - 52%.

In fairness I voted Kodjas even worse for a laugh

Prob not only one

30 minutes ago, harrys said:

Personally I hope Tammy plays and Kodjia is on the bench, is Hogan still with Villa?

Injured (again) or was if not still

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kodjia’s English has improved, very well written imho! 

Let’s be honest, Tammy didn’t play outstanding when with us and missed some sitters (Brentford at home stands out more than most) but he scored goals.

For us, if he hadn’t scored for us in games then his performance was noticeably bad. Other not so great performances were hidden by goals.

Would I have him back given half a chance, damn right! More than anything else he is a goal scorer, a Tony Thorpe/Shaun Goater, and they are one in a million.

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Let’s be honest, Tammy didn’t play outstanding when with us and missed some sitters (Brentford at home stands out more than most) but he scored goals.

For us, if he hadn’t scored for us in games then his performance was noticeably bad. Other not so great performances were hidden by goals.

Would I have him back given half a chance, damn right! More than anything else he is a goal scorer, a Tony Thorpe/Shaun Goater, and they are one in a million.

Bit harsh....was often up top on his own, and contributed more than just goals.

Archived