IGNORED

Squad photo

phantom

39 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

No it wasn’t 

Just just checked, I was wrong. Photo was Monday afternoon. I don’t know what bloody day of the week it is with football all over the place.  :laughcont: Still explains why he wasn’t in it though. 

12 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Gill Holt has been part of City's medical team for more than 10 years so can't blame the present injury situation on her.

A lot longer than that I think - I seem to remember her coming on to treat someone in the AWS final v Stoke in 2000 and it being remarked upon as not many clubs had female physios back then.

Makes me wonder about heights, Jay Dasilva’s listed online as 5’7”, but has always struck me as looking smaller than LJ, who’s also apparently 5’7”, and in that photo he looks like he’s more than two inches shorter than the apparently 5’9” Taylor. Also if that is Morrell on the end, he’s definitely less than the 6’1” he’s listed as!

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

A lot longer than that I think - I seem to remember her coming on to treat someone in the AWS final v Stoke in 2000 and it being remarked upon as not many clubs had female physios back then.

She looks very good for her age then, if she was working age in 2000 she must be around 40 now!

6 hours ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Makes me wonder about heights, Jay Dasilva’s listed online as 5’7”, but has always struck me as looking smaller than LJ, who’s also apparently 5’7”, and in that photo he looks like he’s more than two inches shorter than the apparently 5’9” Taylor. Also if that is Morrell on the end, he’s definitely less than the 6’1” he’s listed as!

Joe Morrell is nowhere near 6'1, never seen him listed as that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Morrell

it also comes up if you google “Joe Morrell height”

I agree he’s nowhere near that height, that was really my point! That’s quite an extreme example but there have been quite a few players we’ve played who have looked ridiculously short but then you google it and they’re apparently 5’8” or 5’9”. I can’t remember the player or team but I remember there was one guy last season who was playing RM for the opposition and was definitely shorter than Joe, but listed as 5’9”!

Just an observation on my part, nothing malicious! My theory (at least in some cases) is that it’s players editing their own wiki articles and giving themselves an extra couple of inches, which then spreads to other sources.

Archived