IGNORED

Deal to buy Wembley is WITHDRAWN

Up The City!

21 hours ago, phantom said:

Spurs next? 

The NFL team have to go somewhere 

NFL games will still be played at Wembley regardless of this decision. It just means that any franchise will most probably play at the Spurs stadium, which makes perfect sense as it has been built with an NFL franchise in mind. It even has a separate NFL field under the football pitch. 

On 06/10/2018 at 09:17, havanatopia said:

Disgusting.

As a nation we have benefitted enormously from being THE most open trading nation in the world. But sometimes we do things that no other nation would ever contemplate such as selling ports, airports, utility companies and national stadiums to johny foreigner because of national security and national pride reasons.

Call me old fashioned.

Hello old fashioned 

2 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

NFL games will still be played at Wembley regardless of this decision. It just means that any franchise will most probably play at the Spurs stadium, which makes perfect sense as it has been built with an NFL franchise in mind. It even has a separate NFL field under the football pitch. 

Also seperate changing rooms on the opposite side of the ground?

I am glad that this deal has been withdrawn.  The stadium may not be perfect for some but it's a figurehead for England. 

I've been a few times both for England and City matches and it's still the best ground in the country for me - much better than Twickenham, Etihad, Chelsea etc.  The transport links are good and there's lots of room to mingle outside the ground - I even had one of the best burgers ever from a van before an international match. (although fish and chips inside was awful).

The atmosphere for England games is not usually great due to lots of day-trippers / tourists but Play-offs and Cup finals are much better.

Archived