IGNORED

Printing pdf ticket at home

Davefevs

As Joe not with me Friday night, I’ve had to buy a ticket (usually free Carer).  

Printed off the other night and forgot to take off the printer.  Just remembered, so went upstairs and retrieved it.  Noticed the barcode / qr code is just two solid black boxes.  Tried printing again, same again.  Both were printed in colour (default printer setting).

Changed to black and white and printed properly.

Anyone else had this issue?

Also, just a warning to others in case they’ve printed in colour and not got a barcode/ qr code.

Not that exact issue but something similar. The e-ticket barcode was missing several lines and it wouldn't scan. Luckily I had the PDF in my emails and just enlarged the QR code on my phone screen and went through that way.

Good to know if you ever find yourself in a similar position as it takes the stewards forever to confirm the tickets.

4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It’s meant to be a big block like that mate, it’s a security measure so that people can’t copy your barcode. You can crack on with it regardless ?

Out of interest, why did it print out perfectly in b&w, but as a block as colour?

I might take both along and try the ‘block’ one first?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, why did it print out perfectly in b&w, but as a block as colour?

They’re working on the security panel for the b&w verison and we should get a new patch for it soon. They don’t accept b&w barcodes unfortunately, for security reasons.

I have printed tickets previously for other people, and haven't had to change from colour on my printer and they were fine. Maybe you have an issue with a cartridge as I cannot see why they the tickets would have changed since I last printed some?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t wanna scaremonger but haven’t had this issue when I bought and printed cup tickets aside from my ST - just make sure you have access to your confirmation email etc on you on Friday....

For the rugby I just show the QR code into the scanner and it works. It didn’t for the first game but it looked like many people had problems and the Steward had to override, but last game all worked without a hitch. I can’t see it being any different for football?

Edit: ignore the above. Just checked and rugby tickets don’t appear to have barcodes only QR codes. Strange

34 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Does the printer also need driver update?

As EEOB says above. It could be that you need to update the print driver or possibly download the latest version of Adobe reader.   Failing that take a screen shot of the ticket 'Print screen' button and paste into Word and try printing it that way.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Notbarrymanc does that mean there’s been an upgrade to colour recently?

There are several new colours, such as polygamous prawn, ventouse and jessupjessup.

To be safe, personally, I would place your phone onto your scanner with the picture of the ticket faces down. Scan the picture of the ticket onto your computer, and print that. Alternatively you could try hand drawing the bar code. 

20 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Get there early incase there are any scanning problems. You may get sent to the ticket office if your e-ticket won't scan.

See below....i’m Sorted. Ta

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve now printed from work and it prints perfectly in colour, so suggests some issues with my home printer. Will troubleshoot later. 

Thanks for the responses 

Archived