IGNORED

Bristol City v Aston Villa Match Day 10

Septic Peg

Good morning Jake Paulers.

I'm knocking this MDT for you bright and early so I don't get side tracked and forget not to do it. Bite me.

So Aston Villa. Now I've done a Match Day Thread for us v Villa before and I expect it's in the vault somewhere if anyone wants a browse so I'm not gonna take over past info.

Today, instead, I'm discussing celebrity fans. Starting with Villa.

So anyone know any famous Villa fans?

Here's one for the older crowd. Ian Lavender aka Pike from Dad's Army. Do you remember he always wore a scarf around his neck? The actor was told by the wardrobe department to pick a scarf for the character to wear, he chose the claret and blue of Villa, the club he supported.

How's about Forrest Gump? Yep, Mr Toy Story Tom Hanks is a Villa fan. He's yet to see them play live but regularly watches matches online.

Moving into the world of politics and everyone's favourite porcine fancier, David Cameron professes supporting Villa as do local boys gone bad, the musicians from Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler - both born a stone's throw from Villa Park.

However the crowning glory (pun fully intended) is HRH The Duke of Cambridge aka Prince William. Widely surprising but when asked why he supported Villa, he responded that he wanted a team outside of the big boys that could give him a more emotional rollercoaster of a ride. So he picked Villa and has been seen on a few occasions at Villa Park, watching games live and has also been spotted going "incognito" and in with the main crowd. Perhaps the prawn sandwich brigade ain't all that after all...

So who do we have?

Mark Watson - known around the country for his comedic appearances, he regularly frequents AG. 

Local sports starts including golfer Chris Wood and Darts pro Mark Dudbridge are fans.

Joe Sims, now a prime time TV and Netflix actor, he's rubbing shoulders with the likes of Olivia Coleman and David Tennant but he's happiest in the SS where his thick Bristolian accent shines through. Luckily, he's also a talented voice actor and can do over 100 different accents/dialects and vocal tones.

Russell Crowe is a personal fan after he admitted to watching out for our results alongside his other favourites, Leeds. The club spun this into an April Fool a few years back when some cleverclogs photoshopped big Russ into training photos of the squad. It went viral and got back to Russell, whom had found the joke hilarious.

I can go on as there are many more...... but I will leave the best til last.

SIR TONY ROBINSON AKA BALDRICK.

This man needs no intro and he needs no comment. You know the stories already. Cut this man in two and it would say Bristol City up his spine. He doesn't attend as much as he used to but he is always with us in spirit. From the low days to the glow days, Baldrick has witnessed them alongside us. 

I'd rather have Baldrick than Prince William for sure.

On to tonight.

4 out of their 11 squad are City rejects. Tammy, Bolasie, Uncle Albert and Kodj. How the Villa have fallen, having to sniff up our sloppy seconds. That being said, with our injury list looking more like the admissions sheet of Southmead Hospital, we can't be expected to go for the win tonight. 1-1 draw.

Tammy and Adomah will both come over and give us a wave at the end. Bolasie can't remember us and Kodj doesn't care.

Ho hum.

COYRS!

Jake Paulers? Okay!

TOP DEFINITION
A group of particularly young children mentally illbeyond belief. They tend to support egotistic Jake Paul. The older they are the more mentally disturbed they are. Proceed with caution, and remember they are too retarded to change.
Jake Paulers prove Hitler killed the wrong people

33 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Has the mass invasion/exodus of Brummies from Weston and Brean started yet?! 

Spotted 4 in Burnham High ST this morning, complete with scarves, cheap anoraks and £10 trainers, scouring our fine array of charity shops to tale their treasures home.

9 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Spotted 4 in Burnham High ST this morning, complete with scarves, cheap anoraks and £10 trainers, scouring our fine array of charity shops to tale their treasures home.

Aston Villa's Lonsdale Slip-on Paedo Army are in town?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Is he a celebrity or just a complete knob ?

Obviously the latter dad.

I remember seeing a program about him from donkey's years ago when he was a 'child prodigy' and he was proper posh. He was trained to speak like us mere mortals when previously he was Jacob Reese Mogg posh.

What a tool!! 

Archived