IGNORED

Bristol City v Aston Villa Match Day 10

Septic Peg

We seem to struggle to capitalise on good starts and have an ability to shoot ourselves in the foot to let teams back in games, and at crucial times.

Had Vila gone in 1-0 down we would have carried momentum into the second half, whereas, as seems to happen too often, Villa sounded like the stronger team after the break.

However, after the Wigan performance, a draw is better than it might have been.

1-1, well I didn't think we would get anything tonight so a point in a way is a bonus. Just really frustrating that one bit of braindead play by COD with seconds remaining of first half gifted Villa the opportunity to get the equalizer. Villa still some way from firing on all cylinders and we could perhaps have taken more advantage. Neither COD or Eliasson were effective for us and both have been generally good in prior games.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

We seem to struggle to capitalise on good starts and have an ability to shoot ourselves in the foot to let teams back in games, and at crucial times.

Had Vila gone in 1-0 down we would have carried momentum into the second half, whereas, as seems to happen too often, Villa sounded like the stronger team after the break.

However, after the Wigan performance, a draw is better than it might have been.

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Ugly, scrappy game of football. Not much quality from either side, a draw was fair.

Same when we played them at home last season iirc.

With Taylor we create more chances than with Diedhou. Why when we have someone over 6’2” up front we feel it’s necessary to keep the ball in the air? Especially when Diedhou isn’t great in the air himself. Much better ball to feet and holding off defenders.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Two Friday nights in a row that I really can’t work out what our football philosophy is, awful football to watch. What’s happened to getting the ball down and passing the bloody thing with intent. 

First half very good. Goal before half time just knocked us a bit. Villa have a lot of quality.

Its a decent result mate! We're competing very well this year. Haven't seen one team that has looked massively better than us. Stick with them!! 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Two Friday nights in a row that I really can’t work out what our football philosophy is, awful football to watch. What’s happened to getting the ball down and passing the bloody thing with intent. 

We haven't a philosophy. That's all we heard the first half of last season. And i really brought into it. Then the second half of the season went to shit. Not just result wise, but the so called philosophy went out the window. Cardiff,  Bolton, Brentford,( now there's a team with a football philosophy) performances were nothing short of disgraceful. Repeated again at Wigan. 

A point on paper is a good result but let's be honest Villa were shit. Luckily for them so were we.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

1-1, well I didn't think we would get anything tonight so a point in a way is a bonus. Just really frustrating that one bit of braindead play by COD with seconds remaining of first half gifted Villa the opportunity to get the equalizer. Villa still some way from firing on all cylinders and we could perhaps have taken more advantage. Neither COD or Eliasson were effective for us and both have been generally good in prior games.

Surprised Eliasson stayed on as long as he did, frustrating night for him. I would have left Taylor on.

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

First half we did imo. With Taylor on the pitch, when it was in the air it was into the channels and he was always onside to get on the end of them. We just lost all creative spark second half. We need a CM who will get the ball down and run at the opposition playing quick passes. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Kelly continues to impress me . Is he really only nine ? 

This was a battling performance low on quality but high on energy and intent. 

On to Wednesday where I hope we hammer the Millers.

Was swatting players all night, looked our best player out there, you can tell he loves defending

Archived