IGNORED

Bristol City v Aston Villa Match Day 10

Septic Peg

I like Eliasson, feel he needs to be starting consistently going forward and we'll see him being far more involved in the goals. 

A really frustrating element of our game that I'm noticing. We never take advantage of 'step in' interceptions. We often step in quite well, yet nearly always try to first time long ball, or simply clear our lines. I'm not talking when we are.under the cosh, yet turnovers of possession where we need to be encouraging our defensive players to step out with it, take a few strides, and lay it off.  Webster guilty on a few occasions tonight. Moments like that often lead to big spaces in the final third for us to exploit, yet were really not taking advantage.

All in all, not a bad point, need three points next game!

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Lack of quality ALERT.

Hopefully, just bereft of confidence. If not, we have backwards momentum.

Worrying, either way.

This is me being extremely generous I know...but one of the criticisms of LJ is he does not know how to stop a losing run. Today we did. It was not pretty, and we played pretty poorly really, and we still came came away with a point.

More of a worry is we have looked bang average two games in a row now.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

This is me being extremely generous I know...but one of the criticisms of LJ is he does not know how to stop a losing run. Today we did. It was not pretty, and we played pretty poorly really, and we still came came away with a point.

More of a worry is we have looked bang average two games in a row now.

Bang average? That's generous.

25 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Two Friday nights in a row that I really can’t work out what our football philosophy is, awful football to watch. What’s happened to getting the ball down and passing the bloody thing with intent. 

Agree  PB lots of poor decisions and indifferent performances, we certainly didn’t look like scoring or even threatening when going forward. Villa were poor too. So in short not a great game and a draw was probably the right outcome. It’s really weird how we can never know what kind of performance we are going to see from our team.

16 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Think were gona have one of those rare seasons for us.

Bang average, can't see us troubling the top six  nor in any danger of a relegation battle. 

Agree with this. I was thinking the same as I walked home tonight... 

47 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Two Friday nights in a row that I really can’t work out what our football philosophy is, awful football to watch. What’s happened to getting the ball down and passing the bloody thing with intent. 

Probably because their midfield were similar to ours, trying to battle for every ball rather than look for a pass. Both teams had spells of dominance but considering the Calibre of player we were up against there wasn’t much to choose between both teams and s draw was about right

Just finished watching the game on the red button - living away from Bristol and having young kids, I was on a delay.

Really not sure what to make of that game, very odd. Solid, but no creative spark. The sort of game I think Diedhiou should have started, even though he did nothing once coming on.

Unusually poor performances from Eliasson and O’Dowda, contributing to our lack of creativity.

Deflected goal for us, cheap free kick goal for them. Probably fair to call it a draw, would have ended goalless on many other days.

Worryingly for me, the last two games we seem to have started very strongly, but have no “second wave” if we fail to score straight away. We definitely want to start strongly but don’t seem to know what to do if the goal doesn’t come.

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Two worrying things - Weimann isn't having the same impact (I would have subbed him not Taylor) and Eliasson looks really inconsistent.

Completely completely completely agree . They didn’t know how to handle Taylor - some of his runs tonight off the ball were fantastic to watch . 

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Two worrying things - Weimann isn't having the same impact (I would have subbed him not Taylor) and Eliasson looks really inconsistent.

The thing is Weimann if he kept up his scoring rate would notch 20+

Eliassson  it's his first real bat at this level. Inconsistent or not his crossing ability is there to see, would be in every home game for me.

Steve Bruce has the world against him doesn't he, in his own mind! According to him after the match, they had some terrible decisions against them, Tammy's goal should have been given, our goal was soft and our only real effort on target, they should have had a penalty. Nothing about how his overpaid team of stars are under performing!

I'm wondering, and also hoping that LJ will take the players for a little trip before the next game.

A nice little trip up to the back of the stand to show each and every one of them where row Z is would come in handy.

Play your football, yes.. but ffs where is the brains when it's seconds from HT.

No, Lee... i said it last time and I say it again, don't take the responsibility for it, stop them f ing well doing it.

Oportunity wasted tonight,  Villa, I see why they been losing

Just read the bbc report . 8 paragraphs of info - one relating to city out of all of them . Shocking reporting- talks about Steve Bruce / talks about villa form then manages to inform the readers that city did score then goes straight back to villa again . 

Clearly I’m naive in expecting a more balanced view . 

Archived