IGNORED

Bristol City v Aston Villa Match Day 10

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm wondering, and also hoping that LJ will take the players for a little trip before the next game.

A nice little trip up to the back of the stand to show each and every one of them where row Z is would come in handy.

Play your football, yes.. but ffs where is the brains when it's seconds from HT.

No, Lee... i said it last time, don't take the responsibility for it, stop them f ing well doing it.

No sets a bad example we no longer play in the 3rd Division South. 

4 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Just read the bbc report . 8 paragraphs of info - one relating to city out of all of them . Shocking reporting- talks about Steve Bruce / talks about villa form then manages to inform the readers that city did score then goes straight back to villa again . 

Clearly I’m naive in expecting a more balanced view . 

We are talking about a club that was famous nearly 40 years ago you know! 

1 minute ago, Offside said:

Agree about Taylor. I thought he was really starting to rattle them in the 10 mins before he was subbed.

I loved it when he went and asked their keeper if he was enjoying the game so far ... hilarious 

I’m  sure they could run a caption competition for the two of them talking ... 

To be honest thought it was a decent performance by us. Don’t understand why Lee thinks it’s necessary to make substitutions. O’Dowda was doing ok and Taylor was causing then problems throughout. Patterson and Diedhiou just as well not have bothered. 

Take a point and move on. I was concerned that we were about to embark on a lee Johnson losing streak so at least we’ve avoided that. 

25 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Just finished watching the game on the red button - living away from Bristol and having young kids, I was on a delay.

Really not sure what to make of that game, very odd. Solid, but no creative spark. The sort of game I think Diedhiou should have started, even though he did nothing once coming on.

Unusually poor performances from Eliasson and O’Dowda, contributing to our lack of creativity.

Deflected goal for us, cheap free kick goal for them. Probably fair to call it a draw, would have ended goalless on many other days.

Worryingly for me, the last two games we seem to have started very strongly, but have no “second wave” if we fail to score straight away. We definitely want to start strongly but don’t seem to know what to do if the goal doesn’t come.

“No second wave” sums up what I was trying to put my finger on. Some good spells (usually in a first half) with good triangles opening up chances but this creative element fades quickly and badly and cannot seem to return too often

Game of two halves for me. First half we looked alright and were attempting to pass it around. We had a little period of pressure where I thought we would get a second. Great free kick by them, whipping in the cross for their goal - always hard to defend. 

2nd half we were just lumping it forward and FAM never won a header. Taking off COD didn’t help and Taylor was unlucky - always puts a shift in and looks improved from last year.

Kodjia got loads of s**t which was great fun and glad Tammy got chanted off. Villa fans booed him - silly sods but they were quiet all night.

Finally - you can see why that Grealish is so well regarded - he is a right tart but always has space

Bruce will be gone by Xmas - particularly  after I just read his post match comments. Bloke must have pie residue in his eyes

3 points from Rotherham then an inform Wednesday !

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Game of two halves for me. First half we looked alright and were attempting to pass it around. We had a little period of pressure where I thought we would get a second. Great free kick by them, whipping in the cross for their goal - always hard to defend. 

2nd half we were just limping it forward and FAM never won a header. Taking of COD didn’t help and Taylor was unlucky - always puts a shift in and looks improved from last year.

Kodjia got loads of s**t which was great and glad Tammy got chanted off. Villa fans booed him - silly sods but they were quiet all night.

Finally - you can see why that Grealish is so well regarded - he is a right tart but always has space

Bruce will be gone by Xmas

They were booing Bruce for taking him off

As for Grealish - what a whinging pathetic baby he is

Ability or no ability he’ needs  to stock up on pampers.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That makes sense re Tammy.

Agreed re Grealish - although what would we give for his ability ? Massive tart though he is

35 minutes ago, Midred said:

Steve Bruce has the world against him doesn't he, in his own mind! According to him after the match, they had some terrible decisions against them, Tammy's goal should have been given, our goal was soft and our only real effort on target, they should have had a penalty. Nothing about how his overpaid team of stars are under performing!

I thought the ref was very good tonight, strong with his decisions.  Booking players based on the foul, rather than the name on the shirt, profile etc.

23 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

To be honest thought it was a decent performance by us. Don’t understand why Lee thinks it’s necessary to make substitutions. O’Dowda was doing ok and Taylor was causing then problems throughout. Patterson and Diedhiou just as well not have bothered. 

Take a point and move on. I was concerned that we were about to embark on a lee Johnson losing streak so at least we’ve avoided that. 

I thought it was a game where we might’ve kept the same players on too.

It was a scrappy game. A draw was a fair result. I thought we played well in spells but also showed them too much respect at times by standing off them. I don't think our substitutes really improved us - our attacking threat diminished as the game wore on. There was a spell at the start of the second half when they put us under pressure but overall we looked solid.

Tammy played well for them and was a constant threat. I was quite surprised at how quickly their fans turned on Bruce. 

Overall I'm happy with a point tonight. 

11 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Was sat behind Villa dug out. Brucey seemed to be visibly feeling the pressure tonight at times. Definitely unimpressed when Villa fans were chanting that they wanted him out. 

Yes, a good idea when youre under pressure from your fans and need to win, to take off both forwards

Actually thought we did really well tonight considering the calibre of opposition we were up against. Let's be honest ...if Villa find a second gear they could go on to mop the floor with this league 

We lacked creativity at times but again, I put this down to the calibre of opponent we were up against. 

Disappointing to concede the goal we did....another set piece...but thought the defence looked good today. Nice to see Hunt starting to settle to . Baker did well to 

A good and fair result against a team that will be top 6 in May. 

Decent atmosphere in the ground to . Probably the most ive enjoyed a home game for a long time 

11 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Actually thought we did really well tonight considering the calibre of opposition we were up against. Let's be honest ...if Villa find a second gear they could go on to mop the floor with this league 

We lacked creativity at times but again, I put this down to the calibre of opponent we were up against. 

Disappointing to concede the goal we did....another set piece...but thought the defence looked good today. Nice to see Hunt starting to settle to . Baker did well to 

A good and fair result against a team that will be top 6 in May. 

Decent atmosphere in the ground to . Probably the most ive enjoyed a home game for a long time 

Blimey, everyone so level-headed tonight. Bit boring really ? ?

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You can see why he's the most fouled player in the division. Good player but if you were an opponent you'd never tire of kicking him.

That incident in the second half where he tried to rile up O'Dowda, who just gave him a look of "wtf are you doing you clown?" and walked off, was priceless.  

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

You can see why he's the most fouled player in the division. Good player but if you were an opponent you'd never tire of kicking him.

That incident in the second half where he tried to rile up O'Dowda, who just gave him a look of "wtf are you doing you clown?" and walked off, was priceless.  

Jack Freakish ( not me but predictive text ! ) plays like Pato can play on his day .

Come back Pato, We miss you .

As it stands his new contract is not looking to be the best bit of business that the club has done this year .

4 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Tammy is playing for the wrong club! He and LJ left the pitch with their arms round each other!

I expect there is a bit of `wish I was still here` from Tammy TBH - with our wingers now he could fill his boots. Imagine Niclas putting those dipping crosses and corners that land on the six yard line in if we had him lurking there.

Archived