IGNORED

10 games In

Ivorguy

Well, the marker of ten games has been reached.

Are We any wiser how the rest of the season will go? Probably not

In fact, these ten games sum up LJ's management of the club.  

At times, success seems within our grasp, at other disaster appears imminent

Same old City at this level: Lack of consistency, conceding as many goals as we score, recourse to hoof ball, lack of leadership on the field, failure to hold a lead, too many poor crosses etc etc

For us oldies we have been here too many times in the past, just waiting for the season that takes us back to our comfort zone of third tier.

But this season is unlikely to be that one.  Mid table finish looms, probably lower mid table, possibly higher mid table.  Will that lift morale for 2019/20 season? Almost certainly not.

Unlikely to be any change in coaching staff on this scenario.

Well, let's hope second set of ten games lifts our spirits, but we need a tighter defence, a sounder midfield, and a goal scoring forward (think Weismann has probably shot his bolt for the season)

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Same old City at this level: Lack of consistency, conceding as many goals as we score, recourse to hoof ball, lack of leadership on the field, failure to hold a lead, too many poor crosses etc etc

For us oldies we have been here too many times in the past, just waiting for the season that takes us back to our comfort zone of third tier.

But this season is unlikely to be that one.  Mid table finish looms, probably lower mid table, possibly higher mid table.  Will that lift morale for 2019/20 season? Almost certainly not.

Well, let's hope second set of ten games lifts our spirits, but we need a tighter defence, a sounder midfield, and a goal scoring forward (think Weismann has probably shot his bolt for the season)

You really are one miserable bugger Mr Guy .

I do however agree with your last paragraph.

Think some of the teams we have played are in false positions, but worthy of a mention that we have not played a team in the bottom third of the league yet at a quick glance.

All about expectations I suppose. Happy with a solid mid table if we play decent football. If we hit mid table playing like we have last two games...less so.

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Hadn’t realised it till you put the above 

but the first 10 games are Johnson’s reign in a more condensed version! 

26 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Let woe spread throughout the land, here comes Mr ******* Chuckles.

I think Mr Meldrew is quite accurate in his assessment of the season so far. A real mixed bag. At times, we've looked like we could challenge, at others we look more than capable of going on a disastrous run and plummeting down the table. In all probability, neither of these scenarios will happen and we'll just plod along in mid table. Let's just hope the football is better than it was tonight.

Down at Bournemouth at the moment for a long weekend break.

Got to say how happy iam for the Cherries fans doing so well in the prem.

On a depressing note last time i was down here i watched one of their games v Swansea.

Swansea had just come up from league 3 and Bournmouth we're almost bankrupt with a huge points deduction.

I think you all know where this post is going so I'll leave it just here. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

P10 W4 D3 L3 Pts15.

I thought we had a tough start, and I expected 4-5 less points than we got.  There are positives, and negatives.  We are doing alright.

In those 10 we have faced 2 of the relegated sides, and 3 of the teams expected to be pushing promotion this year (Boro, Forest and Villa) along with Sheffield United who are probably considered a playoff contender.

11 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

James I suggest you start going to games, that way people might take your opinions more seriously :s

I didnt make any comment on performance quality- something that has varied on a game by game basis, and has had as many good points as bad.

I made a factual statement based on points accrued and games played.

15 points from 10 games, 1.5 points per game.

1.5 x 46 = 69.

Last season Brentford got 69 points, they finished 9th.

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A point off the playoffs and a few points off top after ten games. Anyone who doesn’t see that as a good start needs a head check tbh. 

@KeepUpLino.....

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I didnt make any comment on performance quality- something that has varied on a game by game basis, and has had as many good points as bad.

I made a factual statement based on points accrued and games played.

15 points from 10 games, 1.5 points per game.

1.5 x 46 = 69.

Last season Brentford got 69 points, they finished 9th.

@KeepUpLino.....

At the end of the day James as true as the stats may be they don’t necessarily always tell us the full story... 

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

At the end of the day James as true as the stats may be they don’t necessarily always tell us the full story... 

What is the true story?  I think all of us, inc James and you are saying the same thing, and that is that we are mixed and somewhere around mid-table.

Archived