IGNORED

Where has the love train gone?

NcnsBcfc

At the start of the season vs Forest, we looked so dangerous at corners; especially the love train routine, with excellent Eliason delivery.

Now our corners are back to being slow and ponderous, and lacking any intent at all.

What's changed? I think the sole reason that Eliason is in the team is for his set piece delivery. At the moment however, it's just not working for him or the team.

9 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

It left the station in 1969 , the Hell's Angels kicked the shit out of some poor sod at Altamont

there's one for the young 'uns

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

They won't have a ****** clue what you're on about !:cool:

The Angels killed a bloke in the crowd (Meredith?) as he appeared to have a gun, they also beat up Jefferson Airplane lead singer Marty Balin whilst he was performing.  Sad coincidence to hear this morning, that he died on Thursday at the age of 76 (NOT as a result of the kicking he received at Altamont in 1969...) a true legend along with Grace Slick, and the late Paul Kantner and the rest of the Airplane/Starship crew.

Attacking wise it shows just what a threat Flint was. He was so difficult to mark and would bulldoze people to get anything on the ball to create a second chance or score directly.

Now our main headerers can only just challenge for it and don't seem to get a lean head on the ball.

26 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

The Angels killed a bloke in the crowd (Meredith?) as he appeared to have a gun, they also beat up Jefferson Airplane lead singer Marty Balin whilst he was performing.  Sad coincidence to hear this morning, that he died on Thursday at the age of 76 (NOT as a result of the kicking he received at Altamont in 1969...) a true legend along with Grace Slick, and the late Paul Kantner and the rest of the Airplane/Starship crew.

Thanks for that. JA fan. This is news to me. RIP Marty

I've seen the clip on Youtube where Paul Kantner stands up to the Angels and says something like "I'd like to imagine I saw the Hell's Angels hit my singer.."

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Thanks for that. JA fan. This is news to me. RIP Marty

I've seen the clip on Youtube where Paul Kantner stands up to the Angels and says something like "I'd like to imagine I saw the Hell's Angels hit my singer.."

Yes, I have seen that clip a couple of times, absolutely shocking, but Paul Kantner did stand up to them as you say.  I think it happened because he (Marty) was complaining about the Angel's methods of crowd control and security.  It was Meredith Hunter, an 18 year old lad, that got stabbed to death whilst the Stones were playing "Under My Thumb", think that the myth was they had just started playing "Sympathy for the Devil" which gave the story an even more sort of evil undertone. 

The organisers paying the California Hells Angels $500 (1969 prices) worth of beer:grr: to provide security was probably not the best decision ever made in rock festival history!

4 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Yes, I have seen that clip a couple of times, absolutely shocking, but Paul Kantner did stand up to them as you say.  I think it happened because he (Marty) was complaining about the Angel's methods of crowd control and security.  It was Meredith Hunter, an 18 year old lad, that got stabbed to death whilst the Stones were playing "Under My Thumb", think that the myth was they had just started playing "Sympathy for the Devil" which gave the story an even more sort of evil undertone. 

The organisers paying the California Hells Angels $500 (1969 prices) worth of beer:grr: to provide security was probably not the best decision ever made in rock festival history!

Good info. Cheers

Archived