IGNORED

Matty Taylor - our hard nut

southvillekiddy

Anybody agree with me that Matty is really impressive as our hard nut up front winding up, roughing up and bothering big blokes in defence, frequently getting the ball in the air against them. Getting free kicks in dangerous positions with his attacking runs at them. Tonight he also won the mind games with Grealish, as well as kicking lumps off him. Intimidating him out of the game.

He may not be scoring goals but he is very effective as a hard nut foil for Weinmann. After Matty has worked them over then we bring on Fammy to do some more plus score goals. Very effective strategy from LJ.

1 minute ago, southvillekiddy said:

Anybody agree with me that Matty is really impressive as our hard nut up front winding up, roughing up and bothering big blokes in defence, frequently getting the ball in the air against them. Getting free kicks in dangerous positions with his attacking runs at them. Tonight he also won the mind games with Grealish, as well as kicking lumps off him. Intimidating him out of the game.

He may not be scoring goals but he is very effective as a hard nut foil for Weinmann. After Matty has worked them over then we bring on Fammy to do some more plus score goals.

Great game tonight.

Matty Taylor is exactly the kind of irritating, annoying, aggravating player that I would love to hurl abuse at. IF he was playing for the opposition.

However, since he plays for us he gets my full support and I love how he riles up the opposition, gets in their faces and allows them no time on the ball. Excellent work rate on and off the ball. 

38 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

He may not be scoring goals but he is very effective as a hard nut foil for Weinmann. After Matty has worked them over then we bring on Fammy to do some more plus score goals. Very effective strategy from LJ.

Thought we were more physical all over the pitch tonight in the main.  Thought MT had a very tidy game.  Hope he gets another start v Rotherham....he deserves it.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought we were more physical all over the pitch tonight in the main.  Thought MT had a very tidy game.  Hope he gets another start v Rotherham....he deserves it.

Agree -Dave  - but I still think we lack real characters or leaders when the tide is against us

We were a tad more physical but still feel we are bullied too easily and we lose far too many 50/50 contests for my liking

7 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I wish we had a few more players with Taylor’s attitude willing to put a foot in it 

Agree, one of the few who has that edge about him

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree -Dave  - but I still think we lack real characters or leaders when the tide is against us

We were a tad more physical but still feel we are bullied too easily and we lose far too many 50/50 contests for my liking

Agree, one of the few who has that edge about him

Yeah, physical in a relative way to our normal physicality...not in relation to other teams.

7 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Yeah, I noticed their defenders were shacking in their pants every time he got the ball.  

As a striking threat we were poor last night. Weinmanns goals seem to have dried up and Taylor will get you five a season?

Archived