IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

He was on a booking so might have been for his own preservation.

That’s how I saw it too. He was getting right in their faces and had them rattled, but he walks a very fine line too. One wrong move could have seen him walking and although I wanted him to stay on I think we were right to keep him for another day on this occasion. I thought he had a great game.

I also thought our subs, all 3, weakened us considerably.

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

A shame that he was subbed

….he done his job tonight, and done it well, the price being a predictable yellow card, step up LJ with a timely substitution before Villa manage to buy another.

A red card for Taylor would have been very costly, he had done his bit already and thanks to good management and risk elimination he will be available if called upon to do another good job for us next time too. No point inviting possible suspensions when they can be avoided with certainty.  

8 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

….he done his job tonight, and done it well, the price being a predictable yellow card, step up LJ with a timely substitution before Villa manage to buy another.

A red card for Taylor would have been very costly, he had done his bit already and thanks to good management and risk elimination he will be available if called upon to do another good job for us next time too. No point inviting possible suspensions when they can be avoided with certainty.  

Sorry but that’s  utter drivel imo . There no excuse for taking him off . His movement is excellent , he pulls defenders out of position time and again. We didn’t trouble them at all after he went off. Very poor substitution and timing of it. 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We were screaming at LJ not to change it when he did. We weathered the early second half pressure and were on top at that point. The substitutions completely killed our momentum . 

Always feel that the subs by LJ are too mechanical, look up at the clock and it’s 66 mins. Pato didn’t add much

13 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I could go along with that completely If it wasn't more of the usual....You maybe right as I said above, but the time is fast coming that number 10 isn't the one on the board

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Always feel that the subs by LJ are too mechanical, look up at the clock and it’s 66 mins. Pato didn’t add anything

Glad to help!

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Always feel that the subs by LJ are too mechanical, look up at the clock and it’s 66 mins. Pato didn’t add much

It did feel like that yes. When the momentum stats to subside that would of been the time to do it, ridiculous decision. As for pato , I don’t see what he brings. Doesn’t influence games at all, even more so as O’dowda was creating problems. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry but that’s  utter drivel imo . There no excuse for taking him off . His movement is excellent , he pulls defenders out of position time and again. We didn’t trouble them at all after he went off. Very poor substitution and timing of it. 

OK, ….…. but he gets to do it again next time too,  if he had picked up a red who would we be blaming then? 

Weakened with limited selection options for up coming important games would have been worse than continuing an impressive performance for approx half an hour more in one match... We got a point safely in the bank, no certainty that with the excellent Taylor on the pitch til the end that result would be any different, and limited guarantee that a red card wouldn't have seen him off sooner anyway.  

Onwards and upwards, all personnel intact! 

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

OK, ….…. but he gets to do it again next time too,  if he had picked up a red who would we be blaming then? 

Weakened with limited selection options for up coming important games would have been worse than continuing an impressive performance for approx half an hour more in one match... We got a point safely in the bank, no certainty that with the excellent Taylor on the pitch til the end that result would be any different, and limited guarantee that a red card wouldn't have seen him off sooner anyway.  

Onwards and upwards, all personnel intact! 

Good point.  Performance wise MT should’ve stayed on, but the yellow probably a telling factor.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good point.  Performance wise MT should’ve stayed on, but the yellow probably a telling factor.

Except for the fact that MT is the first guy subbed regardless of the performance or situation. Getting a bit pissed off on Matty's behalf tbh.

i'm not at all sure he's gonna start at Rotherham. Watch this space

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Except for the fact that MT is the first guy subbed regardless of the performance or situation. Getting a bit pissed off on Matty's behalf tbh.

i'm not at all sure he's gonna start at Rotherham. Watch this space

I guess we need to know whether it’s an instruction - Matty run your nuts off for 65-70 and then we’ll sub you.  Would be nice to give him some confidence by telling him the shirt is his until he underperforms.  Might mean he doesn’t snatch at chances, which @cidercity1987 alludes to.

Archived