IGNORED

Steve Bruce

Silvio Dante

14 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Definitely a foul. Soft in the old days but a foul in modern footie

13 minutes ago, miser said:

Clear foul - I'm in lower Landsdown. Refs decision was instantaneous- no problem with it.

Both spot on.  If it was an outfield player it would’ve been a foul, let alone protected GKs.

Tbf the foul will be called out as soft but Maenpaa knew exactly how much protection he would be afforded and a push was rightly given.

Grealish is a horrible player, not much of the talented kid left that looked to have such a great future when we saw him on loan at Notts County. He just seems to have learned to whinge at the right time and when to run at players. If he was a bigger bloke some of those lunges after he lost the ball would not have gone unpunished.

Can’t remember the ‘penalty’ at all.

And Hutton should have gone, he’s a total reprobate, when it comes to ‘professional fouls’ - contrast with Pack’s at the end, where there was no malice, Hutton could have done much more damage to O’Dowda from the SS it looked like a swipe  (if it was a tame trip, I still won’t take the reprobate comment back - the bloke’s a thug)

The first indication of a bit of a feisty one seemed to be after Kodjia left one on Hunt, they immediately moved the more natural wide man to get something out of him. It looked like the players noticed and were fully justified in leaving their foot in a few challenges.

4 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

Tbf the foul will be called out as soft but Maenpaa knew exactly how much protection he would be afforded and a push was rightly given.

Grealish is a horrible player, not much of the talented kid left that looked to have such a great future when we saw him on loan at Notts County. He just seems to have learned to whinge at the right time and when to run at players. If he was a bigger bloke some of those lunges after he lost the ball would not have gone unpunished.

Can’t remember the ‘penalty’ at all.

And Hutton should have gone, he’s a total reprobate, when it comes to ‘professional fouls’ - contrast with Pack’s at the end, where there was no malice, Hutton could have done much more damage to O’Dowda from the SS it looked like a swipe  (if it was a tame trip, I still won’t take the reprobate comment back - the bloke’s a thug)

The first indication of a bit of a feisty one seemed to be after Kodjia left one on Hunt, they immediately moved the more natural wide man to get something out of him. It looked like the players noticed and were fully justified in leaving their foot in a few challenges.

I thought that instant switch was interesting

Kodjia certainly did Hunt and I wondered whether they were concerned Hunt would have put Kodjia into the top of the Dolman at the first opportunity !

Bruce seemed to be saying that our goal may have taken a slight deflection and using that to say we were lucky. I seem to remember something about their goal last season that he said made it deserved, oh yes, that was it, it took a huge deflection!

But he's a man under pressure. I apologise to him.... for absolutely nothing.  So much talent, at his disposal, wasted. His ineptitude is summed up by this tweet albeit by a Wolves fan

And finally

I'm assuming the 'penalty' he's referring to was the one in the second half where they thought one of our defenders had handled it as he was on the ground following a set piece?

This was completely ignoring that the reason he was on the floor was because one of theirs had fouled him whilst challenging in the air, the referee saw nothing wrong with either incident and waved play on.

Bruce is clutching at straws I’m afraid. There’s no way Tammy’s goal would ever be allowed in the modern game, it was a clear nudge on the keeper. I wasn’t anxious about it for the slightest moment, it was never going to be given. 

When ‘big time’ managers like him come down here and flounce off in a strop after failing to beat us it just makes me laugh.

Their fans were the same, booing them off and clearly expecting to hammer little Bristol City because of who they are. Self entitled arrogant ****s the lot of them. 

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

We're disappointed not to win because we've had one or two terrible decisions go against us. There's nothing wrong with Tammy's goal, and we should have had a penalty.
"The goal we've conceded, whether it's a mistake or a deflection, was cruel on us. It was a tame effort, their first shot and we're behind.
"When your confidence isn't 100%, you have to roll up your sleeves and get back in the game and I thought we did that."

This man really boils my piss. It was probably a fair 1-1 game, yet rather than say that he whines. And whines. And whines. Steve - look closer to home. You’ve had more money to spend than anyone else in the league. Despite that, because you have no clue, you end up with a midfielder at Centre half and a rank amateur as a keeper while having a top English six yard box striker but not playing a system that delivers any crosses.

Villa were bang average. And for the money and talent in that squad, that’s at his door, not the refs (who incidentally could have sent Kodjia off tonight!)

On an unrelated note, I noticed there was no need to bang out pasties for a quid at the end of the game tonight

I prefer an opposition manager moaning in a post match presser !

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

Bruce is clutching at straws I’m afraid. There’s no way Tammy’s goal would ever be allowed in the modern game, it was a clear nudge on the keeper. I wasn’t anxious about it for the slightest moment, it was never going to be given. 

When ‘big time’ managers like him come down here and flounce off in a strop after failing to beat us it just makes me laugh.

Their fans were the same, booing them off and clearly expecting to hammer little Bristol City because of who they are. Self entitled arrogant ****s the lot of them. 

Show some respect, they've won the European Cup you know (and if you didn't know, they'll soon tell you).

For my 5 penneth...

Lower Lansdown edge of 18 yard box, and not for a second was I worried you knew the Ref would blow. I still though it should be a Keepers catch anyway, but definitely a foul in current rules .

Grealish... Taylor (?) did catch him with the toe of his trailing foot as he slid in. Cue rolling around writhing in agony, pause to look up to see if the Ref bought it, continue holding leg which is obviously hanging off. Card comes out and Grealish (Lazarus like) jumps bravely to his feet, what a brave little soldier or *** as I'd call him.

As for Bruce

hqdefault.jpg

So if Bruce thought that was not a foul by Tammy (which it clearly was, sat dead in line), he obviously then should believe that Grealish's cheating for the equaliser was not a fowl either.

Grealish, is a very good player, but you can't help but hate the guy that feels he needs to chuck himself on the floor like a 4 year old school girl as soon as someone is close enough to him. The ref should take some of the blame, in giving such soft free kicks which just encourages him to keep trying it on, in the end it worked and they got  a goal from it, which they never looked like scoring.

Kodja looked rubbish, perhaps his nose is put out by bringing in Tammy, who himself must be wondering why he bothered going to a such a star layden bunch of under achievers, does not look like a move thats going to get his faltering career moving again

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

So if Bruce thought that was not a foul by Tammy (which it clearly was, sat dead in line), he obviously then should believe that Grealish's cheating for the equaliser was not a fowl either.

Grealish, is a very good player, but you can't help but hate the guy that feels he needs to chuck himself on the floor like a 4 year old school girl as soon as someone is close enough to him. The ref should take some of the blame, in giving such soft free kicks which just encourages him to keep trying it on, in the end it worked and they got  a goal from it, which they never looked like scoring.

Kodja looked rubbish, perhaps his nose is put out by bringing in Tammy, who himself must be wondering why he bothered going to a such a star layden bunch of under achievers, does not look like a move thats going to get his faltering career moving again

Wasn’t close enough to judge this (Lansdown upper) but does anyone agree it was soft for their free kick?

I thought the consensus was it was poor from O’Dowda, based on what I’ve read elsewhere here.

For all Grealishs flashes of ability on the ball

Where would he possibly get in at Spurs etc

Hes not a wideman

Doesnt work hard enough to play in a midfield 2/4

Hes a bit Patto  esque. - have to play a five man midfield to properly accommodate him but as a 10 he doesn’t score enough...

Bit of a show pony for me

And a pathetic whining mouthy little runt

9 hours ago, pillred said:

I'm right behind the goal and it was a clear foul on Maenpa, would have been livid had it stood, not sure what you meant tbh.

I was in corner of Lansdown W17 and it was def a foul BUT Maenpaa should have claimed it anyway, he had 3 bad mistakes in a row at that point, although did sort himself out after that 

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For my 5 penneth...

Lower Lansdown edge of 18 yard box, and not for a second was I worried you knew the Ref would blow. I still though it should be a Keepers catch anyway, but definitely a foul in current rules .

Grealish... Taylor (?) did catch him with the toe of his trailing foot as he slid in. Cue rolling around writhing in agony, pause to look up to see if the Ref bought it, continue holding leg which is obviously hanging off. Card comes out and Grealish (Lazarus like) jumps bravely to his feet, what a brave little soldier or *** as I'd call him.

As for Bruce

hqdefault.jpg

Hunt was similar though after being caught by Kodjia. It happened in front of me and the way Hunt was writhing around I thought, 'here we go, yet another bloody long term injury'. Korey Smith, for all his attributes, is another regular offender, so as annoying as Grealish was we're not saints ourselves in this respect.

Very surprised to see Hunt recover so completely, and disappointed in a way to see a City player behave like that. How can you appear to be seriously injured, to be in so much pain, and then get up and play on?

As for Bruce, I don't share the hostility. He's a bit like Warnock, something of a Bristol City admirer as he made clear both before and after the game. Of course it wasn't a 'huge crowd' compared with Villa's own attendances but if it felt like it to him then that's a big compliment to us. He clearly rates both Bristol City F.C. and the atmosphere our fans can create, and imo. he genuinely thinks AG is a tough place to visit when City fans are 'up for it'.

A draw was a fair result imo., but City didn't play well or create much so with a couple of controversial moments falling in our favour I can see why Bruce would think Villa shaded it.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I could be wrong Bob but I get the impression you don't like him.

I’d love to play right back Tone with his stupid socks half way up his calves

:yes:

I enjoy skilful players , but his rolling around , whining, and running to the referee every time a Villa player was fouled I despise 

Not as good as he thinks he is 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d love to play right back Tone with his stupid socks half way up his calves

:yes:

I enjoy skilful players , but his rolling around , whining, and running to the referee every time a Villa player was fouled I despise 

Not as good as he thinks he is 

Grealish won't make it at Premier League level unless there is a considerable change in his attitude. Bottom line is that he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

He would need a top PL manager taking him to one side and telling him a few home truths. "Look at the top players here. Look how hard they work. Look at how humble they are. Pull up your socks, knuckle down and prove to me that you deserve to be on the same pitch as them and that you can bring something to this team."

And even in the inflated market we now have, £40 million seems a ridiculous price, but then again my eyes roll every time I see or hear "£30 million" and "Bolasie" in the same sentence!

Having signed a new 5 year deal at Villa, I can see Grealish moving in the summer but only as part of a fire sale, assuming that they don't get promotion and run out of parachute payments, and are desperate for money, and cutting wages. 

And although Pocchetino or Klopp might be good for him, why buy Grealish when you already have Christian Eriksen or Mo Salah? More likely Grealish will end up somewhere like Newcastle, where he won't do much, if he plays at all, and the club will flirt with relegation. I know he was younger but he didn't stop Villa going down and he hasn't helped them go up either. That says it all.

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I can see why Bruce would think Villa shaded it.

While I would say they shaded opportunities, I think chances were even. I thought we were off it again, but I was really disappointed with Villa ( don’t care, hope they get reamed by ffp) in how they played. It looks like Bruce has played Football manager and bought loads of expensive players with no thought of team. Adoma and Bolasse on the bench with Tammy and Kodjia , not forgetting Grealish, lot of talent with little or no direction. I actually thought they went long a lot, very little build up until Grealish started getting on the ball late on. Fingers crossed for a Villa melt down. 

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Kodjia I Thought was a disinterested non entity tonight - pitiful

Wouldn't you be if the manager kept playing you on the wing. Didn't see him get in the box once. Won't score 20 a season from there!

8 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I'm assuming the 'penalty' he's referring to was the one in the second half where they thought one of our defenders had handled it as he was on the ground following a set piece?

How could Bruce possibly see what happened from his position? Miles away and bodies everywhere.

I was thinking. I wonder how Kodjia feels, playing for us 20 goal season,and Tammy comes in, feeling is Tammy is number 1 so Kodjia is moved to the wing . He spits the dummy and luckily a team with more money than sense comes in for him. So he arrives at Villa, 20 goal season, Tammy comes in ............ :whistle:

Archived