IGNORED

FAO Jack Grealish

Sleepy1968

15 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think Southgate would have one eye on him, he's go potential but personally I don't see him transitioning from little shit to England material any time soon.

If he did, would he transition from a little shit to a big shit?

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If Bruce likes wingers, perhaps ( if he's still there!) we can sell him one or two more in January.

Also, read this week that Grealish is looking to sign an extended contract at Villa with a £45m buy out clause!!!!! He's too good for this division, but is he THAT good?

He had two at least , on the bench

Better idea is to play idle Kodjia out there

:laughcont:

2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Yes he is a great player but all the play acting drives me mad. :grr:

No need for it. 

The worst one was in front of the Dolman in the first half. He was rolling around, beating his fist on the ground, then got up without treatment and sprinted flat out after a ball into the corner. Just removing the urine.

He’s an unreal player. Plays with no fear & that says a lot when he knows he’s just going to get absolutely nailed every time he gets the ball. 

If he was Spanish/Brazilian everyone would be raving about him even more, but because he’s English he’s just portrayed in the media as a cocky little shit. 

Will be in the PL next season, if not in Jan. 

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

He’s an unreal player. Plays with no fear & that says a lot when he knows he’s just going to get absolutely nailed every time he gets the ball. 

If he was Spanish/Brazilian everyone would be raving about him even more, but because he’s English he’s just portrayed in the media as a cocky little shit. 

Good player, but thinks he's the worlds best player.

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Good player, but thinks he's the worlds best player.

What’s wrong with that? You have to think like that. You wouldn’t get anywhere by constantly thinking you aren’t good enough/everyone is better than you. 

Hes probably the best player in the league (along with probably Jota, and arguably half of Villa’s team) 

36 minutes ago, petehinton said:

What’s wrong with that? You have to think like that. You wouldn’t get anywhere by constantly thinking you aren’t good enough/everyone is better than you. 

Hes probably the best player in the league (along with probably Jota, and arguably half of Villa’s team) 

I agree,  EXCEPT The bloke seems to think that he is entitled to some sort of entitlement to free kicks, special protection etc etc.

Play your game, you're good enough and stop the moaning

A really annoying habit of dropping to the ground every five minutes. REALLY annoying

Loves Villa so much,  but was totally gutted that Spurs didnt cough up the dough for him. No, you cant convince me the guy is a good 'un

Oh, and he poses like *** k

An extremely talented player if only he was as balanced in his head as he is in his feet.

He went walkabout so much it must infuriate far better coaches than Bruce. I say coach but I use the term lightly, what Villa have is a group of talented individuals, what they don't have is a team.

If only Grealish could play with discipline . . .then again he wouldn't be playing second tier football with one of football's also rans, would he.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He had two at least , on the bench

Better idea is to play idle Kodjia out there

:laughcont:

Made I laugh Bruce made Kodjia switch wings due to the amount of stick he was getting, clearly worked as he started losing his temper a tad.

13 hours ago, harrys said:

He wouldn’t last long in our team before some of our dinosaur boo boys got on his back complaining about how lazy he is, City fans seem to prefer players that give “100%” 

I think every fan wants a player that gives 100%. But I know what you're trying to say. City fans do prefer someone who tries but is not particularly good than someone who is naturally gifted and does not need to run their socks off.

22 hours ago, Dylan said:

I was surprised just how good he was live. I thought he ran the show for them and every time he got it we looked terrified. I get the hype now.

Indeed.  Thankfully he was placed out wide on either flank where he was not so effective. Thank you Brucie.  When he came inside I agree ran the show and best player (understandably when on 45K a week unless fake news) on pitch.  That said we were pretty good at containing him.

Sure he will be off in the Premier this coming year.   He also had a sense of humour, as other posters here alluded to, and took his stick with a smile on his face. 

On 29/09/2018 at 12:13, Harry said:

Personally I think he’s a hugely talented player who should not be playing in this division. 

We gave him plenty of stick in the SS corner and to be fair to him he took it all with a smile on his face. Fair play to him. 

I like the kid 

He is a great player of the future and one the opposition fans love to hate. Wasted at Villa - like Tammy, Bolassie, Kodjia and Albert too. So much individual talent but such a poor team  

I think he's top end Championship, lower end Prem kind of player. 

Doesn't score or provide that many, and if having a few tricks is what classes as a £30m player then god help us. 

He's Will Hughes level, but because he's at Villa there is an additional premium attached, good luck to them if they can find someone stupid enough to pay it.

20 hours ago, harrys said:

He wouldn’t last long in our team before some of our dinosaur boo boys got on his back complaining about how lazy he is, City fans seem to prefer players that give “100%” 

Plenty of people backed and cheered Tomlin, pretty much until the end. I think I will find "100%" agreement on here that Tomlin did not "give 100%" in his time here. You could say something similar about JET.

Go back to Dziekanowski, and he was jolly popular. Another who prioritised the occasional flashy stuff and was not one for trying or running around, giving "100%."

The problem with the highly skilled/"lazy" players we have here is that they are never so brilliant that the occasional moments of outrageous skill more than compensate for the lack of effort/running/trying when we don't have the ball; if they were, they'd never be here in the first place (ie, Tomlin would've cracked it in the PL, JET'd still be at Arsenal, and Jackie would've been snapped up by someone in the First Division, etc etc).

And today, the game has come around to City fans long held preference: Guardiola demands running/chasing/pressing/effort from every player, even his goalscorers and creative types; it's pretty much the same everywhere now. It's no longer enough to do your fancy stuff with the ball, and bugger all without it.

If Johan Cryuff was prepared to "press" and chase and harass the opposition in possession, decades ago, you have to wonder about "the likes of" Tomlin and JET and co thinking: I don't need to do that, that's someone else's job.

On 29/09/2018 at 17:52, petehinton said:

Yeh, but he only decided he was English a couple of years ago after playing 19 games for the Republic of Ireland at various levels...

Archived