IGNORED

Singing section stewards

Red94

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

It looks like he is employed by KB Security Limited. You can just see the website address at the bottom of the Hi-Viz

From their website:

At KB Security (KBS) we pride ourselves on being able to provide high-calibre individuals within the Security Industry. With over 10 years in the security industry, we have done, events, festivals, private events, close protection and corporate events. All members of our staff are briefed before deployment to any event or venue, so that we can give our clients the best.

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

From their website:

At KB Security (KBS) we pride ourselves on being able to provide high-calibre individuals within the Security Industry. With over 10 years in the security industry, we have done, events, festivals, private events, close protection and corporate events. All members of our staff are briefed before deployment to any event or venue, so that we can give our clients the best.

Alas, football stewarding has a different set of requirements to this.

Not saying everyone who works for KB would be a crap steward...however I thought the club had learnt after 'Safe and Sound' that the 2 don't necessarily mix.

10 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Unless I’ve missed something, what were they actually doing, or where were they standing, steps etc. to cause this confrontation with this steward?

She had an unreserved ticket but because it wasn’t for the block she was trying to get into he pulled her back down the stairs. If he would have been briefed correctly he would have known its unreserved, after being told this by a lot of people around the area he started to get aggressive towards them as well. 

16 minutes ago, Red94 said:

She had an unreserved ticket but because it wasn’t for the block she was trying to get into he pulled her back down the stairs. If he would have been briefed correctly he would have known its unreserved, after being told this by a lot of people around the area he started to get aggressive towards them as well. 

Thanks for the update. Playing devils advocate, shouldn’t you have to be in your correct block and find an appropriate unreserved “seat” there, or is it just a free for all over a number of blocks until it fills up? I agree there is no need for force and certainly no way he should have pulled her down the stairs.

1 minute ago, East End Old Boy said:

Thanks for the update. Playing devils advocate, shouldn’t you have to be in your correct block and find an appropriate unreserved “seat” there, or is it just a free for all over a number of blocks until it fills up? I agree there is no need for force and certainly no way he should have pulled her down the stairs.

Yeah it’s unreserved until the block is full. 

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

No, you don’t need to be in the block your season ticket says for the “singing section”. 

If anything, regardless of how he acted I imagine he was briefed wrong by stewards senior to him. 

12 hours ago, JBFC II said:

It was poor again at the rugby today. Some guy without a high vis jacket in front of the entrance to the hospitality area asked me for my ticket to get to my seat (I’m not in hospitality by the way...), I said my mum had it to get me a drink. 

He stopped me from sitting in my season ticket seat until she came and showed it to him. Unecessary jobsworthy stewarding...

Lower lansdown? I get asked to show my ticket every time by a guy in a suit infront of hospitality entrance, I'm not trying to walk into the hospitality, trying to get to back row but have to walk past so perhaps don't check peoples unless they attempt to get into hospitality. otherwise it's just wasting everyone's time. 

14 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Grassing him up when he's just trying to watch the City...

He only came to watch the villa :ph34r:

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Lower lansdown? I get asked to show my ticket every time by a guy in a suit infront of hospitality entrance, I'm not trying to walk into the hospitality, trying to get to back row but have to walk past so perhaps don't check peoples unless they attempt to get into hospitality. otherwise it's just wasting everyone's time. 

He only came to watch the villa :ph34r:

Yep exactly the same guy. He then stood in front of us for the first 10 minutes refusing to move so we couldn't see the lansdown/south stand corner, really frustrating

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yep exactly the same guy. He then stood in front of us for the first 10 minutes refusing to move so we couldn't see the lansdown/south stand corner, really frustrating

No excuse for blocking views, but that aside could that steward have been placed there to try to stop people from sneaking across from South Stand to Lansdown?

11 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

The stewards are only there to keep gangways clear and show people there seats they can only ask people to move

if they want you to leave or be removed they should have a sia badges 

mark kelly should be able to answer this

It's your opinion but I'm unconvinced it's true actually.

By that token, ordinary stewards shouldn't be searching people either or sending them back to the concourse with alcohol, or firmly (but not using physical force obviously) insisting people sit down at the top of the stand.

You appear to see them as some sort of glorified ushers like cinema. In actual fact, in quite a few respects they basically 'police' the inside of grounds- increasingly the shift is from police to stewarding and this is the new reality, the direction of travel.

Mark Kelly or Matt Parsons will doubtless reveal all however.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No excuse for blocking views, but that aside could that steward have been placed there to try to stop people from sneaking across from South Stand to Lansdown?

If its the people I'm thinking of they're not between stands they're at the top of the areas to stairs to go down to hospitality and they don't appear stewards as such more doormen given they're wearing suits, they're literally there to check wristbands to go down the steps into the hospitality area, they don't need to be at the top of the steps in the actual stand at all they can be stood by the door at the bottom and their job works just the same, just this way round they must stop 50-100 people to check their tickets to make sure they're walking to where their seat is rather than trying to sneak into hospitality.

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

If its the people I'm thinking of they're not between stands they're at the top of the areas to stairs to go down to hospitality and they don't appear stewards as such more doormen given they're wearing suits, they're literally there to check wristbands to go down the steps into the hospitality area, they don't need to be at the top of the steps in the actual stand at all they can be stood by the door at the bottom and their job works just the same, just this way round they must stop 50-100 people to check their tickets to make sure they're walking to where their seat is rather than trying to sneak into hospitality.

But if they were they wouldn`t be able to see the match?

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I agree about grabbing is too far, but minimum reasonable force is likely acceptable.

Ask FSF Faircop, they know about the law, football law what stewards can and can't do.

Grabbing a female , when , it appears under no threat of violence ?

Hmmmmmmm

Good luck to him with that defence / justification 

29 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Get Gareth Malone involved.

But seriously are we to be so hurt all the time by any stewarding or Police actions?  

Game gone.:pacifier: 

The problem with your view is that firstly poor stewarding or policing shouldn't be left unchecked because it's not good- it's wrong.

However, from a more pragmatic standpoint- heavy handed or belligerent stewarding (seems to be a recurring theme in the Singing Section) risks eventually inciting the crowd if there is a spark one day.

People won't put up with it forever in my view- you surely know that too.

Remember a year ago roughly v Stoke in the Cup? Didn't a kid get pushed off a seat or something by a bouncer type steward and the crowd turned in a flash- their reaction fully understandable I might add.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

The stewards in the singing section get worse by the game - always seem to be looking for issues that’s don’t exist!

Someone at the club should go “undercover” in there for a couple of games and see it for themselves!

One problem with that.....

They won't know the words to any of the songs !

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This was on the other side of the lansdown, w13. 

We tried to gesture for him to move but he wouldn't until about 10 minutes in, kind of irritating especially when the play was in that corner

On 29/09/2018 at 14:35, JulieH said:

I will feed the issues with regards to stewarding back to the safety officer 

with regards to the police position on the stairs I was not at the stadium last night but at hq doing another role. The officers were briefed to remain in concourse area and be available if requested.

i have looked at the photo and will feed back and find out why they were there, however there were no reported incidents of any issues in any of the stands last night to police. It may be they were responding to something they saw . At this stage I can’t answer but will do my best to find out . 

Thanks for your reply Julie, I hope you can provide us with an update.

Archived