IGNORED

One stream in Bristol new episode (Merged)

Notbarrymanc

I drive a lot so listen to this every week. This is normally really good and a bazillion times better than the posts version. Some positive criticism from yesterday’s episode.

I don’t mind the editing issues, I can appreciate that it’s a transitional time, although a proof listen wouldn’t go amiss, towards the end it got very sloppy.

The loanee report was not missed.

Using the time to advertise gambling is morally reprehensible. You’ll have susceptible kids listening to this and even if match betting can be argued to be safer betting, it’s still a gateway into a questionable world. That Joe is taking back handlers to advertise this shit is also reprehensible, and probably legally questionable.

Drink some water dave. You are audiably dehydrated and listening to you gurn on the mic is doing my tits in. You’re a good podcaster other than this ?

Overall, thanks for the hard work lads, aside from a couple of things it’s been great.

I've only recently started listening (last 3-4 episodes) and had been enjoying it. But I would agree, the gambling bit was terribly edited in, out of keeping with the rest of OSIB and not particularly welcome.

I was enjoying listening to these after matches, but this latest episode was a real letdown I'm afraid.

Love the podcast but agree with the comments about the gambling feature - if advertisers are gonna get that long during an episode to plug their product/service in the long run then I’ll probably stop listening so regularly. Otherwise keep up the great work and thanks for putting your time and effort in to it! 

I haven't heard the advert, but when you're talking about podcast's like these and some youtube channels - ultimately the creator is doing it at their expense.

It's amazing how many people complain about 'free' content these days.

If you've paid for something, fine, but @Shtanley and the rest of them are doing it in their free time, it's not official, it's not paid for, if they have some advertising revenue, fair play to them.

I don't know what the listenership is of the podcast, suspect we're talking hundreds not thousands, so I'm sure they don't have many options of advertisers, so something like gambling is probably one of the only ones.

On the topic of podcasts and gambling (don't call it ******* gaming like the industry do) sponsorship Barry Glendenning went on a 15 minute rant on this very subject a few weeks back on the Guardian Football Weekly.  I think it was the 6 September episode.

He also talked about a book called "Tony 10" which is the story of a lad from Ireland who embezzled 1.75million Euros from the Irish post office in order to fund his crippling gambling addiction.  It's an interesting story.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079NC236M/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

On the topic of podcasts and gambling (don't call it ******* gaming like the industry do) sponsorship Barry Glendenning went on a 15 minute rant on this very subject a few weeks back on the Guardian Football Weekly.  I think it was the 6 September episode.

He also talked about a book called "Tony 10" which is the story of a lad from Ireland who embezzled 1.75million Euros from the Irish post office in order to fund his crippling gambling addiction.  It's an interesting story.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079NC236M/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Fantastic book. Read it in one day.

I understand why people are moaning but the content is free and this is a way of financing the podcast. Just skip that bit if you dont like it.  Not difficult.

I very much doubt that would get people into gambling ahead of the millions of adverts online, on tv and on radio.

People very quick to moan nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I understand why people are moaning but the content is free and this is a way of financing the podcast. Just skip that bit if you dont like it.  Not difficult.

I very much doubt that would get people into gambling ahead of the millions of adverts online, on tv and on radio.

Is that a moan about how quick people are to moan nowadays?

46 minutes ago, RedDave said:

An observation!

The issue for me is not the fact of an advert for a gambling-related scheme. And absolutely get that these guys put in a lot of effort. 

It's the ten minutes spent on some weird infomercial, and multiple inappropriate statements during those ten minutes. 

So to dismiss as not understanding the need to make money, or being "quick to criticise", misses the point really. Advertise these very guys to hell if you want. Mention that every third sentence that Joe's comments are brought to you by them. Fine. . But I think that when done in the manner that you did, it leaves a sour taste in the mouth, and it's reasonable to point out as constructive feedback that it was in no way to the standard that you have set yourself.  

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I haven't heard the advert, but when you're talking about podcast's like these and some youtube channels - ultimately the creator is doing it at their expense.

It's amazing how many people complain about 'free' content these days.

If you've paid for something, fine, but @Shtanley and the rest of them are doing it in their free time, it's not official, it's not paid for, if they have some advertising revenue, fair play to them.

I don't know what the listenership is of the podcast, suspect we're talking hundreds not thousands, so I'm sure they don't have many options of advertisers, so something like gambling is probably one of the only ones.

Fair point but I guess the counter is that people might stop listening if it’s a regular thing. Can’t fault @Shtanley and the others for giving up their free time and producing something excellent. 

It was a 1 time thing. We won’t be doing it again with any non-local sponsor/advert.

We got £100 for it. We currently have zero income from the podcast. Means we can keep paying hosting costs.

Appreciate all the comments/feedback, regardless of what everyone thinks about this I’m warmed that the podcast is of such an importance that it merits such a discussion.  

I don't want a polished podcast Stan tbf. I like how it is, mates chatting about the game, arguing and banter. I feel like it's a true reflection of my club and I feel kind of involved... Living in London, it's another way I connect with the west country. 

If it was too polished, I'd be bored. I want the total opposite of bctv etc, but maybe that's just me and my demographic.

Also love the random episodes full of drinking, birds tweeting and drunken away fans.

Keep it up. You guys make my Sunday night of ironing shirts and meal prep just about bearable. 

One thing though, you know you've made it if you're being debated on otib!

36 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need ads and many many podcasts use gambling ads, sexual aid ads etc etc to help the costs of a free show. 

I'm sure you all show disdain for people walking around in our kit and being a walking billboard for gambling.

If you don't like it don't listen or grow the **** up

You've missed the point here. 

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

I don't want a polished podcast Stan tbf. I like how it is, mates chatting about the game, arguing and banter. I feel like it's a true reflection of my club and I feel kind of involved... Living in London, it's another way I connect with the west country. 

If it was too polished, I'd be bored. I want the total opposite of bctv etc, but maybe that's just me and my demographic.

Also love the random episodes full of drinking, birds tweeting and drunken away fans.

Keep it up. You guys make my Sunday night of ironing shirts and meal prep just about bearable. 

One thing though, you know you've made it if you're being debated on otib!

Didn’t catch last week’s, but I agree that I prefer the slightly less polished efforts.

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

Podcasts need ads and many many podcasts use gambling ads, sexual aid ads etc etc to help the costs of a free show. 

I'm sure you all show disdain for people walking around in our kit and being a walking billboard for gambling.

If you don't like it don't listen or grow the **** up

BoNc.gif

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

No offence mate, but you sound properly thick, like you’re a hazard to you and those around you, the sort of level of thickness that is genuinely dangerous. 

Archived