IGNORED

One stream in Bristol new episode (Merged)

Notbarrymanc

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

It was a 1 time thing. We won’t be doing it again with any non-local sponsor/advert.

We got £100 for it. We currently have zero income from the podcast. Means we can keep paying hosting costs.

Appreciate all the comments/feedback, regardless of what everyone thinks about this I’m warmed that the podcast is of such an importance that it merits such a discussion.  

It makes sense to get proper ads in or sponsors like that rag does, I’ve no qualms with them or whatever content they hold, but the nature of that infomercial was insipid at best and duplicitous at worst imvho.

42 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

No offence mate, but you sound properly thick, like you’re a hazard to you and those around you, the sort of level of thickness that is genuinely dangerous. 

Good job you said no offence!  

Dont know why you come on here just to troll. We disagree. Doesnt make me thick.

You dont get straight C’s at GCSE if you are thick my friend.

19 hours ago, Shtanley said:

It was a 1 time thing. We won’t be doing it again with any non-local sponsor/advert.

We got £100 for it. We currently have zero income from the podcast. Means we can keep paying hosting costs.

Appreciate all the comments/feedback, regardless of what everyone thinks about this I’m warmed that the podcast is of such an importance that it merits such a discussion.  

Have you thought about a patron page or something - it might not bring in huge sums, but you might be surprised - any even several quid a month mounts up overtime - might be able to pay for your OSIB works Christmas dinner ?

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Have you thought about a patron page or something - it might not bring in huge sums, but you might be surprised - any even several quid a month mounts up overtime - might be able to pay for your OSIB works Christmas dinner ?

A voluntary subscription of even £1 a month would likely bring in more than the 'sponsors message' got in the last episode (over a few months, if not every month), and would enable the podcast to revert to it's usual really enjoyable standards.

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

A voluntary subscription of even £1 a month would likely bring in more than the 'sponsors message' got in the last episode (over a few months, if not every month), and would enable the podcast to revert to it's usual really enjoyable standards.

Exactly, I listen and enjoy it - worth a quid to me not like I would miss that each month and money v hours enjoyment is a bargain. I am patron to a few sites mostly small just to help the out (mainly artsy ones).

New Ep of OSIB is now out. 

Joined by Oscar Dayus and @Olé to discuss the Villa game. Topics include Paterson, advertising hoardings and Scrumpy on crack.

Let me know what you think, especially if you haven't listened before!

Rate us on iTunes and Follow us on twitter and Facebook both @osibpodcast. I post on the twitter quite often and am always looking for interaction from the listeners for the podcast.

Our iTunes page. The new episode is on there once you get into it

Listen via Libsyn if you don't have iTunes

On 26/09/2018 at 19:55, Shtanley said:

Reinvest that £100 and you could have a fortune in a couple of months. No effort and definitely not gambling. 

On 26/09/2018 at 19:55, Shtanley said:

Persaonlly I liked the 'Gambling Episode'

I assumed you had got some cash from it and were using it wisely.  Good luck to you and thats what a free market economy is about.

And it seems I am in the minority here, but I genuinely enjoyed the team profit section.  I had never thought about it, so was genuinely interested.  I have a few friends who trade for a living and none of them have ever mentioned it.  I have some knowledge of trading stocks/currencies etc, and from what I can tell this strategey seemed very similar to true hedging.

As I say I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked it as I found it informative and I am currently looking at their stuff this week.

2 hours ago, soultrader said:

Persaonlly I liked the 'Gambling Episode'

I assumed you had got some cash from it and were using it wisely.  Good luck to you and thats what a free market economy is about.

And it seems I am in the minority here, but I genuinely enjoyed the team profit section.  I had never thought about it, so was genuinely interested.  I have a few friends who trade for a living and none of them have ever mentioned it.  I have some knowledge of trading stocks/currencies etc, and from what I can tell this strategey seemed very similar to true hedging.

As I say I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I liked it as I found it informative and I am currently looking at their stuff this week.

With entrepreneurial drive like that I’m sure you’ll be a resounding success mate. 

On 26/09/2018 at 22:16, Notbarrymanc said:

No offence mate, but you sound properly thick, like you’re a hazard to you and those around you, the sort of level of thickness that is genuinely dangerous. 

No offence 'mate', but we already have our fair quota of 'sub bridge dwellers' on this forum.......so if you wish to trade in personal derogatory comment, could you please post elsewhere?

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

No offence 'mate', but we already have our fair quota of 'sub bridge dwellers' on this forum.......so if you wish to trade in personal derogatory comment, could you please post elsewhere?

Who died and made you judge Judy and executioner?

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He is an odd one. Goes quiet when anyone decides to take him on in DM or ‘offline’. 

You’ve never DMed me though have you Dave? I know this is all very difficult, try to take it in little steps and don’t let all the bright lights overwhelm you. 

4 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I thought **** only had 4 letters? :whistle:

Whichever it is, the endless trolling/fishing is getting a little tedious and I only read a couple of threads a week.

On 29/09/2018 at 20:51, Shtanley said:

New Ep of OSIB is now out. 

Really enjoyed the listen!  A bit less talking over each would be useful for hard-of-thinking people like me but the humour, insights and opinions were excellent.

13 hours ago, Notbarrymanc said:

With entrepreneurial drive like that I’m sure you’ll be a resounding success mate. 

bit of a shame mate- I was agreeing with your initial points and now you're being a nob. You aren't putting in the wit required to get away with insulting someone in the way you are doing.

Archived