IGNORED

The Daniel Sturridge goal

reddogkev

Just seen this goal for the first time on MOTD, and it needs a thread.  What an absolute peach of a strike, millimetres under the crossbar, millimetres above the keeper's outstretched hand. What a simply stunning Sturridge strike.

Here's hoping he stays injury free for England's sake; on top form, he is an outstanding player and takes the strain off of Kane. 

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Still not as good as Tony Yeboah's though, against Liverpool.

Yeboah's was a great goal, but very much a power strike.

Sturridge's was completely calculated - he looked up , saw what was required and executed the shot to perfection. He'd only just come on as sub, it was his first touch and in the last minute - brilliant!

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

Yeboah's was a great goal, but very much a power strike.

Sturridge's was completely calculated - he looked up , saw what was required and executed the shot to perfection. He'd only just come on as sub, it was his first touch and in the last minute - brilliant!

technically (being very pedantic) third touch but a awesome goal.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and I thought I was the most pedantic old git on here! Well, I suppose I should point out it’s “an awesome goal...”

I thought that and then decided I couldn't be arsed to edit the post, I will let you be the best pedantic old git on otib :worship2:  

36 minutes ago, reddoh said:

technically (being very pedantic) third touch but a awesome goal.

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and I thought I was the most pedantic old git on here! Well, I suppose I should point out it’s “an awesome goal...”

14 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I thought that and then decided I couldn't be arsed to edit the post, I will let you be the best pedantic old git on otib :worship2:  

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There is a fair bit of competition though!

Looks like we need a pedantly shoot out to decide the winner. :)

Fit and firing Sturridge would be great for England- thing is at Liverpool their front 3 is fairly set in stone isn't it (barring injuries, suspensions etc) fantastic strike that was.

He seems to score some big goals for them- didn't he score v PSG too? Just worry if he doesn't start week in week out, he could be a bit rusty for England.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fit and firing Sturridge would be great for England- thing is at Liverpool their front 3 is fairly set in stone isn't it (barring injuries, suspensions etc) fantastic strike that was.

He seems to score some big goals for them- didn't he score v PSG too? Just worry if he doesn't start week in week out, he could be a bit rusty for England.

Last season, Liverpool had Mane, Firminho and Salah....plus Solanki.  Thus season, they gave added Shaquiri, and hopefully a fit(ter) Sturridge.  I think he’s got a long way to go to get back in the England fold.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Last season, Liverpool had Mane, Firminho and Salah....plus Solanki.  Thus season, they gave added Shaquiri, and hopefully a fit(ter) Sturridge.  I think he’s got a long way to go to get back in the England fold.

He doesn't. If Welbeck can get in the squad then Sturridge can. Also Sancho and Maddison have got to be called up to the next England matches.

Archived