IGNORED

The Daniel Sturridge goal

reddogkev

2 hours ago, One BCFC said:

He doesn't. If Welbeck can get in the squad then Sturridge can. Also Sancho and Maddison have got to be called up to the next England matches.

Think more fitness wise than ability wise.  If I was Southgate I wouldn’t be rushing to include DS.  Let him have the international breaks to build his fitness levels....and then see where he is.

Actually, I like Welbeck.  A better player than many give credit for imho.  And one that raises his game at international level.  Quoted by several Man Utd players at the time that one of the best technical players they had.

22 hours ago, One BCFC said:

He doesn't. If Welbeck can get in the squad then Sturridge can. Also Sancho and Maddison have got to be called up to the next England matches.

I am surprised more people in England aren’t talking about Sancho. The kid is an absolute star. Think he is mostly a bench player just this moment but is pushing some very. good players hard for minutes. Think he has one of the best assist per minute ratios in the top 5 leagues.

Maddison too is a very good talent and I’d be looking to get him in. He is a true number 10 which England struggled with during the world cup. Think he is better than Lingard who I rate. Alli seemingly can’t decide if he is a midfielder or forward and Sterling isn’t quite a striker and not quite a 10 either. JM would be a good fit.

England probably need to go 433 or 4231 soon to start fitting their young talents in. As good as the goal was and as good as he is, think England need to start phasing out the likes of Sturridge, Welbeck and Lallana. I mean a front 3 of Sancho, Kane and Sterling could be deadly. Got to start heading that way surely

23 hours ago, One BCFC said:

Certainly agree about Madison.  Also from what I saw in our match against West Brom, the lad Harvey Barnes looks like a real prospect for international honours.

55 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am surprised more people in England aren’t talking about Sancho.

There's loads of noise about him to be fair, there's a new article about him on the BBC every time he plays.

Plenty of recognition for him, and I expect him to be in an England squad very soon.

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

There's loads of noise about him to be fair, there's a new article about him on the BBC every time he plays.

Plenty of recognition for him, and I expect him to be in an England squad very soon.

I have seen some of the articles but never seem to hear much about him on tv or even people chatting. Has a big future ahead of him either way

• Admin

Don't think it has been mentioned anywhere else on here yet, but see in relation to the investigation into him being involved in dodgy betting back in January, it has been released what the bet was.

Someone tried putting on a £5k bet at 66/1 that he would be signed by West Brom on loan, and after the bookies declined the bet tried even as little as £30 on the same bet

24 hours before the loan signed was completed the odds had been slashed down to 5/2

When Howard Wilkinson took Steve Cotterill to Sunderland, there was a local bookie who lost loads as a number of people bet on Wilko at silly odds.

It was later reported that Chairman Bob Murrey’s Daughter had let it slip to her teacher, and he bet on it and told lots of his friends too!

Archived