IGNORED

Cardiff v Burnley

Lanterne Rouge

22 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Cardiff are as bad as Huddersfield already. Huddersfield took a year - had a good year - before being this shite/dull; Cardiff hit the ground running, wasting no time.

They can't wait to get back to the Championship with their £150m. They don't belong at the top.

And singing that Liverpool song? Cringe. 

Cardiff I believe are looking to do a Burnley. By which I mean spend a bit, nothing vast- good Championship players, spend cash on building their infrastructure etc and look to come back properly in 2019/20- to give it a proper go in 2020/21.

Will probably need to replace Warnock next season however for that model to work or have a decent crack.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did but this is supposed to be the crème de la crème on show and it`s far from that. When two teams are terrified of going down this is what you get and I`m afraid it`s not why I go to matches. Our game v Villa was likely a one off but you know these two will be playing like they did today week in week out.

A one off? Wigan was worse. Take the piss out of the league position by all means but not quality of football with what i have seen last 2 games.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

A one off? Wigan was worse. Take the piss out of the league position by all means but not quality of football with what i have seen last 2 games.

And WBA wasn`t. 

Are you really saying you`d like to watch Cardiff week in week out when you know that that`s what you`ll see? Not for me I`m afraid.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Cardiff I believe are looking to do a Burnley. By which I mean spend a bit, nothing vast- good Championship players, spend cash on building their infrastructure etc and look to come back properly in 2019/20- to give it a proper go in 2020/21.

Will probably need to replace Warnock next season however for that model to work or have a decent crack.

Do a Burnley? Cardiff? Well, they're not up to doing a Swansea. 

There needs to be an option for timid outfits like Cardiff not up to tackling top class football, whereupon winning promotion from the Championship, someone from the PL drives to south Wales and gives them the cheque/money and they in return waive the right to actually playing in the top division, remaining at the lower level where their hoof is more compatible and sparing themselves the national ridicule, letting another more capable Championship team go up and do the bit that millions around the world tune in for: passing the ball, shooting, scoring goals etc.

5 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Will Cardiff blink and bring in Big Sam in January? 

They may well do unless it`s obvious they`re so far adrift that whatever they do will make no difference.

Personally I`d like to see them stick with Colin so he can spunk enormous amounts of their PL money on more crap players like Madine.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did but this is supposed to be the crème de la crème on show and it`s far from that. When two teams are terrified of going down this is what you get and I`m afraid it`s not why I go to matches. Our game v Villa was likely a one off but you know these two will be playing like they did today week in week out.

Why would Burnley be ‘terrified of going down’ ? They finished 7th in the premier league last season...

53 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Do a Burnley? Cardiff? Well, they're not up to doing a Swansea. 

I think it's clear what their strategy is but time will tell. Go down, have strong Championship players, strengthen the club infrastructure- come back next season then go to the PL stronger.

When I say do a Burnley, I mean Burnley in 2013/14 went up, then didn't spend a huge amount then in 15/16 had money, spent, went up and gave it more of a go.

Because Cardiff do have the ground to an extent, commercially speaking- unsure about your Swansea reference.

On the PL generally, Guardiola said something interesting lately. That the PL is of course a strong League...but perhaps the best marketed.

A good point by him I feel.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6170583-pep-guardiola-labels-premier-league-overrated-but-explains-why-work-in-england-is-better-than-spain

Can't say I remember it in the English media- odd that. :whistle2:

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

And WBA wasn`t. 

Are you really saying you`d like to watch Cardiff week in week out when you know that that`s what you`ll see? Not for me I`m afraid.

He's had two or three attempts at getting a response, trying to bring it back onto City.

Failed.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

And WBA wasn`t. 

Probably not but they got promoted playing that way so not going to change unless they get rid of Warnock. Our football for me hasnt been anywhere near as good this season to watch compared with last and last two games have been dreadful to watch.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I know what’s coming here ........

:whistle2:

btw.  I hate the taff idiots but ....... Does anyone think we’d do any better 

Would be embarrassing

they are trying to do the prem on the (relative) cheap, think we would have spent a bit more than them and hopefully recruited better players.

27 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You really think that? Blimey.

I can see no evidence that we’d do any more/better at all.

in 2008 Steve Lansdown stated that all money generated from promotion would be spent on players, then that was about 80 million, see no reason to think the same thing would not happen if we went up in the near future, that would be about 130 million though I know that's no guarantee of success, don't think we would have bought a championship striker if we had gone up do you?

Archived