IGNORED

Radio Bristol to celebrate 4-3 televised game against Derby back in 1992

Never to the dark side

Only two live games were allowed to be  shown at the same time and on Sundays

Central decided to cover the game on its own

Arlick TV then said can we have the pictures as well?

Jimmy greaves and John Sillett as pundits.

Arlick TV had to wait till the Sunday 28 March 1993 to cover  the 1-0 home win over Grimsby.

Don't think the Grimsby region took the pictures

Although Swindon also came under the Central region they were featured on Arlick TV as well  

before the Grimsby game

After the 4-3 win I think Central viewers complained they should show two central teams in action against one another.

Come on lets be havin you with your memories.

AND  yes I still have both games on video

the DVD player was still four years away

Crazy game! Laurel and Hardy stuff! Yes Andy Comyn's (Laurel) own goal within seconds of coming on was a definite highlight. The look on his face said it all. And Steve Sutton's (Hardy) rugby tackle on Shelts! Derby did everything that could to throw the game away and did so.

Lest we forget...

2 minutes ago, pikeysrobins said:

Crazy game! Laurel and Hardy stuff! Yes Andy Comyn's (Laurel) own goal within seconds of coming on was a definite highlight. The look on his face said it all. And Steve Sutton's (Hardy) rugby tackle on Shelts! Derby did everything that could to throw the game away and did so.

Lest we forget...

oh yes and Lady Luck arrived in all her glory at 2-0 down!!

And what about good old ‘Tangle Foot’ Wayne Allison.  Great header and couple brilliant lay offs.  It’s when you look back you appreciate what certain players were like. In today’s game he would be more than a few quid for sure.  Cannot recall him ever returning to the gate in recent years 

15 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

And what about good old ‘Tangle Foot’ Wayne Allison.  Great header and couple brilliant lay offs.  It’s when you look back you appreciate what certain players were like. In today’s game he would be more than a few quid for sure.  Cannot recall him ever returning to the gate in recent years 

Twentyman interviewed him a few weeks back on ‘Sound of the City’.  Quite funny, because the Chief’s recall of his City games, debut etc, was pretty awful.

I just fell off of my sofa in a fit of laughter...........i have never seen Comyn's own goal before, the incident itself is funny, but it's his expression afterwards that set me off.  Bemused dumb embarassment is my best description?  Did his career go ok subsequently i wonder?, poor bloke surely holds a record for it? ?    & Brilliant to see one of my aii time favorite players set up the winner with a superb cross!

In a previous post about this game a few years back, someone posted that driving away from the ground, he blew his horn at a group of Derby fans. They chased after him, so he put his foot down, went round a corner to find the lights were red! :grr:

What a cracking, intimate, old school English football ground the Baseball Ground was. Even we could create a proper atmosphere in that place! Anyone could. Absolutely made for it.

Much as I appreciate a seat and seeing the whole pitch now and all the modern cons, imagine having a place like that to watch some football again. 

Archived