IGNORED

Ipswich v Boro

Lanterne Rouge

I didn’t realise that Ipswich apparently tried signing to cream of the crop from leagues one and two from last season. A couple from Shrewsbury (which was always likely to happen given they worked with the manager last season) and a couple from Accrington.

All well and good taking a gamble in the lower leagues but having 4 of your outfield 10 in the lower leagues is a massive risk and one certainly not paying off at the moment.

I do sympathise with Ipswich fans.. They've been absolutely scolded for hounding out safe pair of hands McCarthy. But let's face it, they were playing dull turgid football, were going nowhere and crowds were plummeting. Any other fanbase would be calling for a change, it's just been the appointment of Hirst and his poor transfer signings that have got them into this mess, not the loss of McCarthy.

19 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I didn’t realise that Ipswich apparently tried signing to cream of the crop from leagues one and two from last season. A couple from Shrewsbury (which was always likely to happen given they worked with the manager last season) and a couple from Accrington.

All well and good taking a gamble in the lower leagues but having 4 of your outfield 10 in the lower leagues is a massive risk and one certainly not paying off at the moment.

Don`t forget our Ellis from north of the river too.

46 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I do sympathise with Ipswich fans.. They've been absolutely scolded for hounding out safe pair of hands McCarthy. But let's face it, they were playing dull turgid football, were going nowhere and crowds were plummeting. Any other fanbase would be calling for a change, it's just been the appointment of Hirst and his poor transfer signings that have got them into this mess, not the loss of McCarthy.

I recall many opposition fans saying similar when GJ left - usually it’s not without just reason but perhaps not obvious from the outside 

Archived